right wingers who refuse to blame the locals - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2005, 08:37 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 10:16 PM
Sorry about typos. But in the 80's they used to talk a lot in interviews about how we are not supposed to ask questions about the world around us...how politicans, authority figures, society, etc there is kind of this unspoken conspiracy to keep you bound and gagged and silent..not rock the boat, and stir up things...you'd have to be a very old fan to remember what a big topic this was back then. what was the Radiohead song from OK Computer to this effect? this was back in Bono's "I'm more interested in what happens under bridges" days. He used to say, "I've used my own music to wake myself up, b/c sometimes I'm guilty too." And I don't think they've changed.

Old 09-08-2005, 08:40 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 06:16 PM
"The illusion that only the left wing media are blaming Mr. Bush is not only ludicrous but factually incorrect." - Keith Oberman

From the New Hampshire Union Leader (a conservative paper, who counts Mr. Novak and George Will as contributors).
http://www.theunionleader.com/articl...?article=59785

Quote:
The cool, confident, intuitive leadership Bush exhibited in his first term, particularly in the months immediately following Sept. 11, 2001, has vanished. In its place is a diffident detachment unsuitable for the leader of a nation facing war, natural disaster and economic uncertainty.

Old 09-08-2005, 08:44 PM   #18
War Child

Local Time: 11:16 PM
Can you imagine if we blamed the 911 victims?
Does anyone else find it odd that we have a National Crisis 4 years almost to the date ?
Not counting the self inflicted one in the White House.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:59 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier

The thing about 9/11 is that it had never happened before in the history of our country. The closest event I can think of to compare it to would be Pearl Harbor.

Hurricanes, they happen every year. Maybe not this bad, but we know that they are going to happen. We've already addressed the "no one knew that the levees would break" issue.

The fact that in 2005 we can have a storm that will be costlier in lives than Camille 26 years ago is just mind boggling to me.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:39 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:16 PM
Glad to see we have moved beyond the partisan bullshit....no sarcasm applied.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:42 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

The locals screwed up the feds screwed up......and here in FYM the blame game continues....

Irvine...I do not get it....sincerely....

Time for an FYM vacation.....

Someone PM me when the dust has settled.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:59 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

While the use of the phrase "right wingers" in the title is baiting, the articles are valid. This reaches across party lines. This is too important to use that stupid phrase "blame game." That's a talking point and it doesn't actually mean anything.

Quote:
''There'll be plenty of time,'' Chertoff told Russert, to ''do the after-action analysis.'' That bloodless dismissal made the human tragedy and physical mayhem on the Gulf Coast seem like a bureaucratic mistake.

That's why the excuse "oh, everyone's playing the blame game" is infuriating to me. Novak said it better than I could, and I disagree with him about almost everything. I'm sorry if it seems that I'm glad that other republicans think the administration's behavior is as awful as I do.

I don't see how anyone can watch the news at night and not think the administrations's reaction to all of this is total bullshit.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:23 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

If I saw any attempt at looking at this from more than one point of view, I would agree with you that the "blame game" is a cover.

I was complaining about playing the "blame game" long before we heard it from the white houes.

AS a former republican...I think it was wrong to put FEMA unde Homeland Security.

There were mistakes made LONG LONG before that and there are according to what I read today, still stupid ass political games being played by the governor...who is in conflict with the Mayor of NO.

Enough said...I am taking a break... peace
Old 09-08-2005, 10:25 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:16 PM

I don't as much think that the "right wingers" reference is baiting as much as I think that it's deceptive to say that they "refuse" to blame the locals. Scarborough does seem to reference two governors for "bungling" the crisis. He's obviously referring to Blanco and Barbour; Riley here in Alabama has handled it quite well considering the recent practice we've had with Ivan and Dennis.

~U2Alabama
Old 09-08-2005, 10:45 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
If I saw any attempt at looking at this from more than one point of view, I would agree with you that the "blame game" is a cover.

I was complaining about playing the "blame game" long before we heard it from the white houes.

AS a former republican...I think it was wrong to put FEMA unde Homeland Security.

There were mistakes made LONG LONG before that and there are according to what I read today, still stupid ass political games being played by the governor...who is in conflict with the Mayor of NO.

Enough said...I am taking a break... peace
I'm sorry. I'm new to all this here at FYM. I'm trying to see it from more than one point of view. Like I've said repeatedly, I don't think the local officials are innocent. But I haven't seen them on television giving press conferences as ridiculous as the White House spokesman did. They probably are. It's just that, too me, it seems like the federal administration is blatanly trying to get away from this by saying, "Let's not talk about this now." And a lot of people, including the conservative columnists who I thought would be the last people to point this out, don't want to let them get away from this.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:46 PM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama
I don't as much think that the "right wingers" reference is baiting as much as I think that it's deceptive to say that they "refuse" to blame the locals. Scarborough does seem to reference two governors for "bungling" the crisis. He's obviously referring to Blanco and Barbour; Riley here in Alabama has handled it quite well considering the recent practice we've had with Ivan and Dennis.

~U2Alabama
Yes. Good point .