Right wing hate mongers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drhark

Acrobat
I've been seeing a lot of heated rhetoric on some of these threads. I don't see the basis of some of the name calling I hear in political arguments. So I'll start with one in particular. I'm trying to get the word "hate" out of the discourse. And yes, I'm oversimlifying complex issues for the sake of discussion.

Say a someone (a) disagrees with a behavior or belief of another person (b). Then (b) decides he's going to form a political group (B) with others who share the same behavior or belief to acquire political power and shape society according to those views that (a) opposes. Then (a) forms their group (A) to counteract the political power of (B) and a national debate is held. It's a big political game.,Where does the "hate" come into play?

drhark said:
I've been seeing a lot of heated rhetoric on some of these threads. I don't see the basis of some of the name calling I hear in political arguments. So I'll start with one in particular. I'm trying to get the word "hate" out of the discourse. And yes, I'm oversimlifying complex issues for the sake of discussion.

Say a someone (a) disagrees with a behavior or belief of another person (b). Then (b) decides he's going to form a political group (B) with others who share the same behavior or belief to acquire political power and shape society according to those views that (a) opposes. Then (a) forms their group (A) to counteract the political power of (B) and a national debate is held. It's a big political game.,Where does the "hate" come into play?

It depends on the original disagreement with said behavior or beliefs. What is it based on. And vice versa.

Because one group wants to oppress the other group, deny them equal protection, etc.

Oppressing people is not a way to show love.

Last edited:
If there is indeed oppression, the people are to be the judge of that, and the oppressive party is defeated politically.

The goal of politics is not to show love or hate, it is to shape your society according to what you believe is best for it.

drhark said:
If there is indeed oppression, the people are to be the judge of that, and the oppressive party is defeated politically.

drhark said:
The goal of politics is not to show love or hate, it is to shape your society according to what you believe is best for it.

These are the same arguments the segregationists made in the South.

They won all their local elections, and statewide elections, too.

Well, if the segregationists had any morality, it sure didn't show. They were playing raw, naked power games to keep one group in absolute power and the other group in absolute subjection. The group in absolute subjection didn't even have votes. This is not quite true of any group in America these days, everyone at least has voting rights and that's some power. Maybe not much.

drhark said:

I firmly believe that many things pushed politically are hate driven. True, it not how it should work, but should work and does work are often two very different things.

Yes, hate comes into play when you put a group like the KKK in the scenario, or any group with ideas like that of the Klan that slams any group of people.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Look at his scenario and place the KKK in group A? That would be hate now wouldn't it?
Yes, but they are very extreme. They have little if any influence in our society today. What other "right wing hate mongers" are there (I bet you were going to say Jerry Falwell, weren't you?)

Last edited:
It seems that people are quite willing these days to liken disagreements with phobias, and hatred with a diametrically opposed viewpoint. (These are usually the same people who think that if they get a "no", it's because they haven't been properly heard -- because how could they possibly be wrong?)

Is it possible to disagree with someone without hating them?

Is it possible to believe something is wrong without fearing it?

Macfistowannabe said:
Yes, but they are very extreme. They have little if any influence in our society today. What other "right wing hate mongers" are there (I bet you were going to say Jerry Falwell, weren't you?)

I'm trying to get to the reason for this thread so yes I chose an extreme example to show the formula doesn't work. Any group that tries to make a law against a certain group of people not based on constitutional or someone's harmed the only reason for the law is to opress and therefore based in hate.

nathan1977 said:

Is it possible to disagree with someone without hating them?

Is it possible to believe something is wrong without fearing it?

Yes but when you go a step further to outlaw hence oppress then it's hate.

If you don't agree or believe then let it be and don't engage in it. Simple as that.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Please show me an example of this.
Let's take a look at the radical fanatics that are threatening religious freedom. This is just ONE example:

1993: the Hamilton Square Baptist Church in San Francisco invited a well known profamily leader to speak at the church. Radical homosexual activists stormed the church doors, pounding on them and screaming, "We want your children! Give us your children!" The church experienced a great deal of vandalism, and again the San Francisco Police Department said it could do nothing to stop the rampaging homosexual activists. Dr. David Innes, the senior pastor, was told: "You have to understand, this is San Francisco."

A tape of the homosexual protesters later aired on Focus on the Family and is still available through that ministry.

Mind you, I have no hatred in my heart for those who struggle with homosexual feelings and desires. I see the whole "born gay" (UNPROVEN) garbage as a lie, and have read about dozens who have overcome their struggles through CrossOver and other organizations who aide those who want to turn their lives around.

I think that people like Rush Limbaugh or Anne Coulter do a pretty good job of inspiring the emotion of hate. Whether it ends up being toward the people they belittle or toward themselves for being such a jerks, they're getting it out there.

Macfistowannabe said:
Let's take a look at the radical fanatics that are threatening religious freedom. This is just ONE example:

1993: the Hamilton Square Baptist Church in San Francisco invited a well known profamily leader to speak at the church. Radical homosexual activists stormed the church doors, pounding on them and screaming, "We want your children! Give us your children!" The church experienced a great deal of vandalism, and again the San Francisco Police Department said it could do nothing to stop the rampaging homosexual activists. Dr. David Innes, the senior pastor, was told: "You have to understand, this is San Francisco."

A tape of the homosexual protesters later aired on Focus on the Family and is still available through that ministry.

Mind you, I have no hatred in my heart for those who struggle with homosexual feelings and desires. I see the whole "born gay" (UNPROVEN) garbage as a lie, and have read about dozens who have overcome their struggles through CrossOver and other organizations who aide those who want to turn their lives around.

well you opened my eyes

aids may be God's punishment

Macfistowannabe said:

Yes great example from over 11 years ago from an extremist group. This would be exactly like if I were to use the KKK or Faldwell as the right. Sorry doesn't work for the statement made above.

On a more serious tact the virtiol directed towards the Australian government and more specifically John Howard, when you have bands bringing out songs to call leaders "cunts" then that demonstrates more than a bit of hatred doesn't it?

A_Wanderer said:
On a more serious tact the virtiol directed towards the Australian government and more specifically John Howard, when you have bands bringing out songs to call leaders "cunts" then that demonstrates more than a bit of hatred doesn't it?
I would have to agree that it generates hatred, not just questioning, of the leaders.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Yes great example from over 11 years ago from an extremist group. This would be exactly like if I were to use the KKK or Faldwell as the right. Sorry doesn't work for the statement made above.
These extremists have pushed their homosexual agenda with false conclusions for political gain, and my have they gained it. Where is the proof that people are born gay? There isn't any, and the church has every right to recognize homosexual behavior, such as two men lying in bed together as a sin. The left makes the claim that nobody can overcome homosexual desires, even though many have been transformed by CrossOver Ministries through the Christian Faith. I have read testimonies from many who have struggled with homosexual desires, and I am amazed that people buy into the irrational idea that it's impossible. If 10% of the population is "born gay" and homosexual relations were blessed by God, why isn't there ONE instance in the Bible where Jesus encouraged homosexual relations? He encouraged man and wife, as in heterosexual marriage.

As far as Falwell's bile, I believe that Jesus' approach would be much different. He would love the sinner (and we are ALL sinners, just to clarify), but not the sin.

Macfistowannabe said:

These people do not represent me.

Can I ask you if you were born straight and if it that's been proven? What's garbage is that you somehow convinced yourself it's not hate you have in your heart. You think I'm not right and that I need to be corrected. That's hate. My life is not causing me harm, in fact I'm very happy and have had the same girlfriend for 6 years. Why would I need to be turned around?

Believe me I have no hate for those who struggle with ignorance, and maybe you could overcome your struggles if you just turn around your life.:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom