Right wing hate mongers - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2005, 08:49 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

I'm really holding back here....
Really? You have proof in the whole "born gay" line of BS?

Old 01-17-2005, 09:04 PM   #47
War Child

Local Time: 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
Really? You have proof in the whole "born gay" line of BS?
Yet you have no proof? I mean you haven't proven your heterosexuality. Now where's the BS?

Old 01-17-2005, 09:32 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Do Miss America

Yet you have no proof? I mean you haven't proven your heterosexuality. Now where's the BS?
If you can find me a credible source, perhaps we can have a discussion. Otherwise, I'm not going to buy it.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:43 PM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:15 AM
I cite the world around us, how about queer animals? It is a fact that you have gay/bisexual animals out there, this would infer that sexuality is hard wired into the brain at some level.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:50 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Interesting. I've never really been that in-depth over animals, but I see your point. Oddly enough, this link is about a doctor who feels that homosexuality is avoidable. He is an expert, and researches the subject for a living.

http://www.ldolphin.org/narth2.html

For a counter in the animal debate, here is another link:

http://www.narth.com/docs/animalmyth.html
Old 01-17-2005, 10:53 PM   #51
War Child

Your first link is completely irrelibalbe for it states that homosexual boys are isolated from male companions. This doesn't take in consideration men who were, doesn't take in consideration straight men who were, and doesn't take in women at all. How many of us feel left out? We aren't all homosexual.

And the animal link is just ridiculous.

You're reaching and you can't find the reason.

Yet you still haven't proven that you were born with your own sexuality. Are you even straight?
Old 01-17-2005, 11:28 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
If you can find me a credible source, perhaps we can have a discussion. Otherwise, I'm not going to buy it.
Which is exactly why I don't pay attention to your arguments on the subject. You've yet to find a credible source.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:27 AM   #53
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:15 PM
the original reason for starting this thread was to discuss why one political group would attach a human emotion such as hate and use it as an umbrella to describe members of another group. An example was given of segregationists. To this I would say that they were, to a degree, self admitted haters. The so called Chirstian Right would not describe themselves as haters. But because they oppose the political agenda of the well organized gay lobby they are called haters. I just see it as two opposing visions for society. Let them duke it out and present their cases to the public.

Now there's a limit to how far one's agenda can go which is the Bill of Rights. The Supreme Court (under ideal circumstances) makes them play by the rules.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:53 AM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by drhark
the original reason for starting this thread was to discuss why one political group would attach a human emotion such as hate and use it as an umbrella to describe members of another group. An example was given of segregationists. To this I would say that they were, to a degree, self admitted haters. The so called Chirstian Right would not describe themselves as haters. But because they oppose the political agenda of the well organized gay lobby they are called haters. I just see it as two opposing visions for society. Let them duke it out and present their cases to the public.

Now there's a limit to how far one's agenda can go which is the Bill of Rights. The Supreme Court (under ideal circumstances) makes them play by the rules.
What is with this "political agenda of the well organized gay lobby" anyway? It's as if you buy into the whole "they're going to make all our children gay" hysteria the homophobes propagate. Do you believe that crap? The very well organized Christian Right has as much more of an agenda than virtually any other group in the US at least. And part of that agenda is to crush anyone who disagrees with them. That's pretty damned hateful to me. But I guess it makes them feel superior, which is a big reason to hate in the first place. If you don't like yourself, hating someone else is a good substitute.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:30 AM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

We have well-documented problems with the whole gay controversy thing in Alabama. I really think this clown who wants to ban all of the gay books is a hater. Not everyone who's concerned about gay marriage as possibly evil/sinful whatever is, however. I'm a practicing Catholic, and my church is opposed to gay marriage. This isn't a "hate squad" deal going on here. But I do think there is a "lunatic fringe" element in the gay controversy that is definitely a bunch of haters. Personally, I'm more liberal and support civil unions with the same benefits as marriage but marriage is a sacrament in the Catholic Church, and it'd be pointless to want to change that. It's not going to happen.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:48 AM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:15 PM
trust me. you can't make a straight person gay.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:55 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
trust me. you can't make a straight person gay.
I agree with this. I'm straight, and there's no chance of me turning into a gay. It works both ways.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:12 AM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

If you don't agree or believe then let it be and don't engage in it. Simple as that.
No offense, but I think this is a somewhat overly simplistic response. If, for example, you believe abortion is murder, than simply refusing to have an abortion yourself is tantamount to standing by and watching the Holocaust and not doing something about it.

I'm not convinced that taking political action based on your beliefs is a hateful action. Taking legislative action does not necessarily equal hate.

(On the other hand, murder = hate, which is why murdering abortion doctors or gay teens should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.)
Old 01-18-2005, 10:11 AM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Well put, Nathan. Watching it happen and doing nothing about it isn't going to silence what you feel is wrong. The system of democracy is governed by the people. There are extremists on both sides, and they should be exposed as extremists before their agenda hits the mainstream.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:07 AM   #60
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by nathan1977

No offense, but I think this is a somewhat overly simplistic response. If, for example, you believe abortion is murder, than simply refusing to have an abortion yourself is tantamount to standing by and watching the Holocaust and not doing something about it.

I'm not convinced that taking political action based on your beliefs is a hateful action. Taking legislative action does not necessarily equal hate.

(On the other hand, murder = hate, which is why murdering abortion doctors or gay teens should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.)
Well I think you're misquoting Bonovox. The response was to a question you posed, which obviously wasn't about abortion so to turn it around on him I find to be unfair.

You are comparing life and death situations to social situations.

Still no one has given an answer to this issue that BVS brought up.

Quote:
Any group that tries to make a law against a certain group of people not based on constitutional or someone's harmed the only reason for the law is to opress and therefore based in hate.
Can someone honestly tackle this issue because everyone has seemed to ignore it.