Right wing hate mongers - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2005, 04:51 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:20 AM
Pat Buchanan, a true right wing hate-monger if you ever saw one.

Old 01-17-2005, 04:52 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:20 AM
Right wing hate mongers?

I know they are there,

but, to me, the left seems to be the ones hammering intolerance to the max in the world today.

Old 01-17-2005, 04:58 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:20 PM
It seems that people are quite willing these days to liken disagreements with phobias, and hatred with a diametrically opposed viewpoint. (These are usually the same people who think that if they get a "no", it's because they haven't been properly heard -- because how could they possibly be wrong?)

Is it possible to disagree with someone without hating them?

Is it possible to believe something is wrong without fearing it?
Old 01-17-2005, 04:58 PM   #19
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
Yes, but they are very extreme. They have little if any influence in our society today. What other "right wing hate mongers" are there (I bet you were going to say Jerry Falwell, weren't you?)
I'm trying to get to the reason for this thread so yes I chose an extreme example to show the formula doesn't work. Any group that tries to make a law against a certain group of people not based on constitutional or someone's harmed the only reason for the law is to opress and therefore based in hate.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:59 PM   #20
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by the iron horse

but, to me, the left seems to be the ones hammering intolerance to the max in the world today.
Please show me an example of this.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:02 PM   #21
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by nathan1977

Is it possible to disagree with someone without hating them?

Is it possible to believe something is wrong without fearing it?
Yes but when you go a step further to outlaw hence oppress then it's hate.

If you don't agree or believe then let it be and don't engage in it. Simple as that.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:18 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Please show me an example of this.
Let's take a look at the radical fanatics that are threatening religious freedom. This is just ONE example:

1993: the Hamilton Square Baptist Church in San Francisco invited a well known profamily leader to speak at the church. Radical homosexual activists stormed the church doors, pounding on them and screaming, "We want your children! Give us your children!" The church experienced a great deal of vandalism, and again the San Francisco Police Department said it could do nothing to stop the rampaging homosexual activists. Dr. David Innes, the senior pastor, was told: "You have to understand, this is San Francisco."

A tape of the homosexual protesters later aired on Focus on the Family and is still available through that ministry.

Mind you, I have no hatred in my heart for those who struggle with homosexual feelings and desires. I see the whole "born gay" (UNPROVEN) garbage as a lie, and have read about dozens who have overcome their struggles through CrossOver and other organizations who aide those who want to turn their lives around.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:21 PM   #23
War Child

Local Time: 03:20 PM
I think that people like Rush Limbaugh or Anne Coulter do a pretty good job of inspiring the emotion of hate. Whether it ends up being toward the people they belittle or toward themselves for being such a jerks, they're getting it out there.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:24 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:20 AM
Quote:
Let's take a look at the radical fanatics that are threatening religious freedom. This is just ONE example:

1993: the Hamilton Square Baptist Church in San Francisco invited a well known profamily leader to speak at the church. Radical homosexual activists stormed the church doors, pounding on them and screaming, "We want your children! Give us your children!" The church experienced a great deal of vandalism, and again the San Francisco Police Department said it could do nothing to stop the rampaging homosexual activists. Dr. David Innes, the senior pastor, was told: "You have to understand, this is San Francisco."

A tape of the homosexual protesters later aired on Focus on the Family and is still available through that ministry.

Mind you, I have no hatred in my heart for those who struggle with homosexual feelings and desires. I see the whole "born gay" (UNPROVEN) garbage as a lie, and have read about dozens who have overcome their struggles through CrossOver and other organizations who aide those who want to turn their lives around.

well you opened my eyes

aids may be God's punishment
Old 01-17-2005, 05:31 PM   #25
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Yes great example from over 11 years ago from an extremist group. This would be exactly like if I were to use the KKK or Faldwell as the right. Sorry doesn't work for the statement made above.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:33 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:20 AM
On a more serious tact the virtiol directed towards the Australian government and more specifically John Howard, when you have bands bringing out songs to call leaders "cunts" then that demonstrates more than a bit of hatred doesn't it?
Old 01-17-2005, 05:35 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:20 AM
just

poor vocabulary
Old 01-17-2005, 05:38 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
On a more serious tact the virtiol directed towards the Australian government and more specifically John Howard, when you have bands bringing out songs to call leaders "cunts" then that demonstrates more than a bit of hatred doesn't it?
I would have to agree that it generates hatred, not just questioning, of the leaders.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:53 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Yes great example from over 11 years ago from an extremist group. This would be exactly like if I were to use the KKK or Faldwell as the right. Sorry doesn't work for the statement made above.
These extremists have pushed their homosexual agenda with false conclusions for political gain, and my have they gained it. Where is the proof that people are born gay? There isn't any, and the church has every right to recognize homosexual behavior, such as two men lying in bed together as a sin. The left makes the claim that nobody can overcome homosexual desires, even though many have been transformed by CrossOver Ministries through the Christian Faith. I have read testimonies from many who have struggled with homosexual desires, and I am amazed that people buy into the irrational idea that it's impossible. If 10% of the population is "born gay" and homosexual relations were blessed by God, why isn't there ONE instance in the Bible where Jesus encouraged homosexual relations? He encouraged man and wife, as in heterosexual marriage.

As far as Falwell's bile, I believe that Jesus' approach would be much different. He would love the sinner (and we are ALL sinners, just to clarify), but not the sin.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:00 PM   #30
War Child

Quote:

These people do not represent me.

Can I ask you if you were born straight and if it that's been proven? What's garbage is that you somehow convinced yourself it's not hate you have in your heart. You think I'm not right and that I need to be corrected. That's hate. My life is not causing me harm, in fact I'm very happy and have had the same girlfriend for 6 years. Why would I need to be turned around?

Believe me I have no hate for those who struggle with ignorance, and maybe you could overcome your struggles if you just turn around your life.