Right wing hate mongers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you or any one else chooses to go to CrossOver Ministries that is their business.

I am sure your bible says sex outside of marriage is a sin.

And fornicators may have a Ministry to go to learn how to modify their behavior.

But fornicators are afforded equal rights under the law.

Macfistowannabe said:
These extremists have pushed their homosexual agenda with false conclusions for political gain, and my have they gained it. Where is the proof that people are born gay? There isn't any, and the church has every right to recognize homosexual behavior, such as two men lying in bed together as a sin. The left makes the claim that nobody can overcome homosexual desires, even though many have been transformed by CrossOver Ministries through the Christian Faith. I have read testimonies from many who have struggled with homosexual desires, and I am amazed that people buy into the irrational idea that it's impossible. If 10% of the population is "born gay" and homosexual relations were blessed by God, why isn't there ONE instance in the Bible where Jesus encouraged homosexual relations? He encouraged man and wife, as in heterosexual marriage.

As far as Falwell's bile, I believe that Jesus' approach would be much different. He would love the sinner (and we are ALL sinners, just to clarify), but not the sin.

What is my homosexual agenda? That I'm normal?:shocked:

Show me where Jesus said we're sinners?

Let these people worship the way they want, if they dont want to include gays then so be it but the flipside is that they should not be going out attacking homosexuality or immorality outside their own followers.

A_Wanderer said:
...outside their own followers.

Absolutely. If I attend a church that's going to spend a whole sermon based on how homosexuals are corrupting America(which I have sat through) then I just don't come back. Simple as that. It's pretty fucking easy if you ask me, I'm not going to push for laws to ban them.

Do Miss America said:
What is my homosexual agenda? That I'm normal?:shocked:
I'm not insinuating you, or your normality. I do think that the left is lying and believing it on this issue, and those who actively promote the homosexual agenda are trading off religious freedom. It seems that homosexual activists want the church to disappear, based on the following:

"Religion is often at the core of why people hate us... People often get their views from their religions, so we don't want the pulpit saying that being gay is wrong."

- Cathy Renna
Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation

Tell me she's for the first amendment. It would be a good laugh.

Do Miss America said:
Show me where Jesus said we're sinners?

If you have ever done anything wrong, you have sinned. If you have sinned, you are a sinner. It's as simple as that. We are sinful by nature, but sin is forgivable. Did Jesus die for some of us, or all of us?

Macfistowannabe said:
I'm not insinuating you, or your normality. I do think that the left is lying and believing it on this issue, and those who actively promote the homosexual agenda are trading off religious freedom. It seems that homosexual activists want the church to disappear, based on the following:

"Religion is often at the core of why people hate us... People often get their views from their religions, so we don't want the pulpit saying that being gay is wrong."

- Cathy Renna
Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation

Tell me she's for the first amendment. It would be a good laugh.

Yes you are questioning my normality. You think my being attracted to women is wrong. And once again what the hell am I promoting? Myself and many of my gay friends do not want religion to dissappear, in fact we all are very active church members. We're sick of hearing people twist the words of the bible, just like many women and blacks were sick of it many years ago. Pulpits have been tainted since the dawn of religion pushing personal hates.

Macfistowannabe said:

If you have ever done anything wrong, you have sinned. If you have sinned, you are a sinner. It's as simple as that. We are sinful by nature, but sin is forgivable. Did Jesus die for some of us, or all of us?

Yeah I didn't think you could because it doesn't exist. We're all sinners but never did Jesus say anything about homosexuality being a sin, but nice try.

Macfistowannabe said:
These extremists have pushed their homosexual agenda with false conclusions for political gain, and my have they gained it. Where is the proof that people are born gay? There isn't any, and the church has every right to recognize homosexual behavior, such as two men lying in bed together as a sin. The left makes the claim that nobody can overcome homosexual desires, even though many have been transformed by CrossOver Ministries through the Christian Faith. I have read testimonies from many who have struggled with homosexual desires, and I am amazed that people buy into the irrational idea that it's impossible. If 10% of the population is "born gay" and homosexual relations were blessed by God, why isn't there ONE instance in the Bible where Jesus encouraged homosexual relations? He encouraged man and wife, as in heterosexual marriage.

:lmao:

will someone please hide me when the christian armies reclaim america and force me into a CrossOver ministry program!?!?!?!?!

:help:

maybe this is because i've just come home from seeing "hotel rwanda," but i'm not entirely unconvinced that if we were to encounter a sort of perfect storm of right wing politics, a certain newly-uppity minority who are banging on about "equal rights" and such might just become perfect scapegoats for a perceived "cultural rot" that must be eliminated from the inside out.

:eyebrow:

maybe this is because i've just come home from seeing "hotel rwanda," but i'm not entirely unconvinced that if we were to encounter a sort of perfect storm of right wing politics,

They never see it coming

That is why

As a registered Republican I no longer stay quiet around their subtle and not so subtle bigotry

Irvine511 said:
will someone please hide me when the christian armies reclaim america and force me into a CrossOver ministry program!?!?!?!?!

:help:

maybe this is because i've just come home from seeing "hotel rwanda," but i'm not entirely unconvinced that if we were to encounter a sort of perfect storm of right wing politics, a certain newly-uppity minority who are banging on about "equal rights" and such might just become perfect scapegoats for a perceived "cultural rot" that must be eliminated from the inside out.

:eyebrow:
You're making a generalization here. Nobody is forcing you to do anything. You've had good arguments with me in the past, but this is off key.

Do Miss America said:

Yet you have no proof? I mean you haven't proven your heterosexuality. Now where's the BS?
If you can find me a credible source, perhaps we can have a discussion. Otherwise, I'm not going to buy it.

I cite the world around us, how about queer animals? It is a fact that you have gay/bisexual animals out there, this would infer that sexuality is hard wired into the brain at some level.

Last edited:
Your first link is completely irrelibalbe for it states that homosexual boys are isolated from male companions. This doesn't take in consideration men who were, doesn't take in consideration straight men who were, and doesn't take in women at all. How many of us feel left out? We aren't all homosexual.

And the animal link is just ridiculous.

You're reaching and you can't find the reason.

Yet you still haven't proven that you were born with your own sexuality. Are you even straight?

Last edited:
Macfistowannabe said:
If you can find me a credible source, perhaps we can have a discussion. Otherwise, I'm not going to buy it.

Which is exactly why I don't pay attention to your arguments on the subject. You've yet to find a credible source.

the original reason for starting this thread was to discuss why one political group would attach a human emotion such as hate and use it as an umbrella to describe members of another group. An example was given of segregationists. To this I would say that they were, to a degree, self admitted haters. The so called Chirstian Right would not describe themselves as haters. But because they oppose the political agenda of the well organized gay lobby they are called haters. I just see it as two opposing visions for society. Let them duke it out and present their cases to the public.

Now there's a limit to how far one's agenda can go which is the Bill of Rights. The Supreme Court (under ideal circumstances) makes them play by the rules.

drhark said:
the original reason for starting this thread was to discuss why one political group would attach a human emotion such as hate and use it as an umbrella to describe members of another group. An example was given of segregationists. To this I would say that they were, to a degree, self admitted haters. The so called Chirstian Right would not describe themselves as haters. But because they oppose the political agenda of the well organized gay lobby they are called haters. I just see it as two opposing visions for society. Let them duke it out and present their cases to the public.

Now there's a limit to how far one's agenda can go which is the Bill of Rights. The Supreme Court (under ideal circumstances) makes them play by the rules.

What is with this "political agenda of the well organized gay lobby" anyway? It's as if you buy into the whole "they're going to make all our children gay" hysteria the homophobes propagate. Do you believe that crap? The very well organized Christian Right has as much more of an agenda than virtually any other group in the US at least. And part of that agenda is to crush anyone who disagrees with them. That's pretty damned hateful to me. But I guess it makes them feel superior, which is a big reason to hate in the first place. If you don't like yourself, hating someone else is a good substitute.

We have well-documented problems with the whole gay controversy thing in Alabama. I really think this clown who wants to ban all of the gay books is a hater. Not everyone who's concerned about gay marriage as possibly evil/sinful whatever is, however. I'm a practicing Catholic, and my church is opposed to gay marriage. This isn't a "hate squad" deal going on here. But I do think there is a "lunatic fringe" element in the gay controversy that is definitely a bunch of haters. Personally, I'm more liberal and support civil unions with the same benefits as marriage but marriage is a sacrament in the Catholic Church, and it'd be pointless to want to change that. It's not going to happen.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

If you don't agree or believe then let it be and don't engage in it. Simple as that.

No offense, but I think this is a somewhat overly simplistic response. If, for example, you believe abortion is murder, than simply refusing to have an abortion yourself is tantamount to standing by and watching the Holocaust and not doing something about it.

I'm not convinced that taking political action based on your beliefs is a hateful action. Taking legislative action does not necessarily equal hate.

(On the other hand, murder = hate, which is why murdering abortion doctors or gay teens should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.)

Well put, Nathan. Watching it happen and doing nothing about it isn't going to silence what you feel is wrong. The system of democracy is governed by the people. There are extremists on both sides, and they should be exposed as extremists before their agenda hits the mainstream.

nathan1977 said:

No offense, but I think this is a somewhat overly simplistic response. If, for example, you believe abortion is murder, than simply refusing to have an abortion yourself is tantamount to standing by and watching the Holocaust and not doing something about it.

I'm not convinced that taking political action based on your beliefs is a hateful action. Taking legislative action does not necessarily equal hate.

(On the other hand, murder = hate, which is why murdering abortion doctors or gay teens should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.)

Well I think you're misquoting Bonovox. The response was to a question you posed, which obviously wasn't about abortion so to turn it around on him I find to be unfair.

You are comparing life and death situations to social situations.

Still no one has given an answer to this issue that BVS brought up.

Any group that tries to make a law against a certain group of people not based on constitutional or someone's harmed the only reason for the law is to opress and therefore based in hate.

Can someone honestly tackle this issue because everyone has seemed to ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom