Right, issues, but what does he listen to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
Looks like I've got another reason to like Edwards....

The candidates were asked by CNN (I think it was CNN) which CD was most likely to be in there CD player. :)

Wesley Clark: "Journey-Greatest Hits"
Howard Dean: Music by Wyclef Jean
Sen. John Edwards: "The Essential Bruce Springsteen"
Sen. John Kerry: "Abbey Road" by the Beatles
Rep. Dennis Kucinich: Music by Willie Nelson
Sen. Joe Lieberman: "Sueno" by Andrea Bocelli
Al Sharpton: Music by Yolanda Adams

SD

lol-I read that last week

Kerry is a Bruce fan too. I saw him at a Bruce show then as I was going up the ramp off the field, saw him hugging Bruce backstage.

Moby has done a fundraiser concert for Kerry as well

verte76 said:
Will Springsteen play the White House if Kerry or Edwards win??

that'd be awesome. not to mention i have a really close connection to kerry (i correspond w/one of his senior aides who's been working w/kerry since the early 70s) maybe he could get me a ticket and y'all some too :wink:

Clark and Lieberman there have shitty taste. :madspit:

Edwards and Kerry, pretty good!

U2andPolitix said:

that'd be awesome. not to mention i have a really close connection to kerry (i correspond w/one of his senior aides who's been working w/kerry since the early 70s) maybe he could get me a ticket and y'all some too :wink:

Geez, politix, you've got some pretty amazing connections. See ya at 1600 with John and Teresa!!

U2andPolitix said:
I've heard U2 played at Gephardt, Dean, Kerry, Edwards, and Clark events. Both Beautiful Day and Streets. Pretty interesting.

Bono's definitely got a ticket to a Democratic White House. Cool!

This is pretty funny :wink:

Wow, he looks as cool as Adam w/ that bass :D

electras02062004.jpg

Kerry rocks the vote with Electras album
By Dean Johnson Boston Herald
Friday, February 6, 2004

If Sen. John Kerry wins the White House, he will be the first president who has recorded a garage rock album.

He did it in 1961 as bass player for the Electras - a New Hampshire group named for a supercharged Buick, made up of students from St. Paul's School in Concord, N.H. The band dissolved in 1963, a year after Kerry graduated.

Electras piano player Jack Radcliffe of New Bedford, an editor for the Brockton Enterprise, said Kerry was asked to join the band because ``he was tall and good looking, we were looking for a `babe magnet,' and he owned a bass.''

The Kerry connection has made the surviving copies of the Electras' only album - recorded live in the St. Paul's band room - a big-bucks collector's item. Radcliffe said he recently was offered $5,000 for one of his.

Erik Lindgren of Middleboro, who runs Arf Arf Records, a label dedicated to re-issues of '60s music, is most responsible for resurrecting Kerry's ``lost'' album.

``I got mine 25 years ago at a yard sale,'' he said. ``These guys knew how to rock, and it's got a great early '60s sound.''

Andrew Gagarin, now a Rhode Island businessman, played maracas for the Electras. A committed Republican, Gagarin said he'll vote for Bush even if his former bandmate makes it to the top of the Democratic ticket.

Radcliffe, a jazz and folk performer, is also a Republican - but he hasn't ruled out voting for Kerry.

And he has an offer/challenge for his old friend: ``I will make every effort to get as many members of the band together as possible, Republicans we might all be, to play at his inauguration, if he will agree to play bass if Bush wins.''

Back
Top Bottom