Rhymes with Clucking Bell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
Possibility of a N-Korean Atomic Test. I really dont like to see this type of news. North Korea is simply not a place where millitary force can be used without millions of casualties, nuclear weapons raise the stakes immensely. Lets just hope that they havent taken their last step because they already have good missile technology and when that goes with nuclear weapons it gives some really nasty side effects. Perhaps people can see how the treat from terrorism must not supercede that from rogue states, to preserve peace both must be engaged on numerous fronts, often in overlapping actions.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200409/s1197367.htm
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/106212/1/.html
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/09/11/nkorea.blast/
http://olympics.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=6211175

Last edited:
Almost noone cares about it, no Oil, no "Islamofacists", no palestinensians - no media hype :(

The New York Times reported on its website on Saturday that US President George W Bush and his top advisers have received intelligence reports describing a confusing series of actions by North Korea that some experts believe could indicate the country is preparing to conduct its first nuclear weapons test.

Here we have a smoking gun but noone seems to care :ohmy:

A_Wanderer said:
Perhaps people can see how the treat from terrorism must not supercede that from rogue states, to preserve peace both must be engaged on numerous fronts, often in overlapping actions.
if you indeed have the idle hope to make the world a better place through fighting evil that is the only way yes

Very few of you (if any) remember the old "duck and cover" drills we had in school. I lived in Nevada long enough to be exposed to radiation from the testing the US did. Had cancer at the age of twelve.

I just don't understand Bush. We have all these troops in Iraq but Osama bin Laden is in Afghanistan and North Korea AND Iran are starting up their nuclear programs again. Yeah, nice job defending us from the "Axis of Evil".

Let me get this straight - are we upset because the US hasn't made a pre-emptive strike yet?

Perhaps we can let the EU handle this one.....

No, we are not upset because there has been no pre-emptive strike. I don't like to speak for all the upset people in this thread, but I know *I* am upset because it seems, at least, that our government is paying little to no attention to North Korea, despite its inclusion in the "Axis of Evil." Here they are preparing for nuclear weapons tests right out in the open and...nothing? Nothing at all? When we have military presences in South Korea, Japan, the Philippines...

We're actually cutting our military presence in South Korea if Bush's plan to consolidate the armed forces is approved. something about how we don't need forces overseas now that the Cold War is over.

N-Korea is a different situation that Iraq, when dealing with N-Korea the stakes are so much higher. In Iraq one could intervene millitarily with exceptionally low casualties on all sides however in N-Korea if there was ever war there would literally be millions of people killed. N-Korea demands some skillful realpolitik and manoveuring to enable the North to open up a little and engage with the world. Capitalism will bury communism, N-Korea is a situation where it must be done with tact.

You do not want to piss of the N-Koreans, it demands skillful negotiation and that is what the Bush administration is doing with the 6 nation talks - although all people want to do is paint them as evil warmongersm, go figure when you have the No War, unless its a democrat president making the call.

nbcrusader said:
Let me get this straight - are we upset because the US hasn't made a pre-emptive strike yet?

Perhaps we can let the EU handle this one.....
sounds like a fair deal
you'll do the one after that again right?

Oh no im not letting the EUrocrats in on this one - they still owe one for Kosovo. EU needs green light NATO into Iraq and send a contingent of useful idiots - I mean peace protestors - to go to Pyonyang protest against nuclear devolments by the regime.

/Sarasm - did you really have to ask yourself?

which reminds me that australia gets the 3rd war on wrong doers
perhaps we can also get asia into this deal so that we have some time to strengthen our armies again for the next one :up:

Back
Top Bottom