Republicans Just Might Be Sexy After All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PLAYGIRL' EDITOR FIRED AFTER OUTING SELF AS REPUBLICAN
Mon Mar 21 2005 10:09:48 ET

**Exclusive**

PLAYGIRL editor-in-chief Michele Zipp has been stripped of her duties after she revealed how she voted Republican in the 2004 election.

Zipp, in an e-mail, claims she was fired after an onslaught of liberal backlash.

"Hello Drudge,

"After your coverage of my article about coming out and voting Republican, I did receive many letters of support from fellow Republican voters, but it was not without repercussions. Criticism from the liberal left ensued. A few days after the onslaught of liberal backlash, I was released from my duties at Playgirl magazine.

"After underlings expressed their disinterest of working for an outed Republican editor, I have a strong suspicion that my position was no longer valued by Playgirl executives. I also received a phone call from a leading official from Playgirl magazine, in which he stated with a laugh, "I wouldn't have hired you if I knew you were a Republican.

"I just wanted to let you know of the fear the liberal left has about a woman with power possessing Republican views."

:(

Gee, I better keep my views to myself...

Yet we have an open communist at work who is rather compulsive about his.

Oh my god. This is it. The end of political awareness as we know it. Come the next election, we'll all be voting on who is the most attractive candidate. :wink:

At least that ensures no one from the Bush family can get in :wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:
PLAYGIRL' EDITOR FIRED AFTER OUTING SELF AS REPUBLICAN
Mon Mar 21 2005 10:09:48 ET

**Exclusive**

PLAYGIRL editor-in-chief Michele Zipp has been stripped of her duties after she revealed how she voted Republican in the 2004 election.

Zipp, in an e-mail, claims she was fired after an onslaught of liberal backlash.

"Hello Drudge,

"After your coverage of my article about coming out and voting Republican, I did receive many letters of support from fellow Republican voters, but it was not without repercussions. Criticism from the liberal left ensued. A few days after the onslaught of liberal backlash, I was released from my duties at Playgirl magazine.

"After underlings expressed their disinterest of working for an outed Republican editor, I have a strong suspicion that my position was no longer valued by Playgirl executives. I also received a phone call from a leading official from Playgirl magazine, in which he stated with a laugh, "I wouldn't have hired you if I knew you were a Republican.

"I just wanted to let you know of the fear the liberal left has about a woman with power possessing Republican views."

If true, that's pretty shitty.

DMA,

This is typical Drudge garbage.

Her article was lame
- interjecting politics into adult entertainment?

That is a turn off.

and Eisner was let go because he was a Democrat working for Disney.

Not that it's even relevant, but this is her - she's pretty.

zipp.jpg

Now that that job might be vacant, I wonder if I should apply :wink:

Seriously that's not really my thing, I like more left to the imagination.

deep said:

and Eisner was let go because he was a Democrat working for Disney.

could i request a link? i thought he was "retiring" because his whole company was going down the drain, Disney stock was at a huge low and such...

its unbelievable that a person can get fire for their political views nowadays. think of the media outrage their would be if she was fired for race, religion, sexual preference, etc. but being fired for being a republican is perfectly fine. Aren't liberals supposed to be all about equal rights and such... and i thought they supported women in positions of power (feminist movement). this is very hypocritical of the whole party in general.

This doesn't really have to do with sexy but I read an article by a DC area dominatrix and she said her republican clients always like to really, really be denegrated.

learn2kneel said:
its unbelievable that a person can get fire for their political views nowadays. think of the media outrage their would be if she was fired for race, religion, sexual preference, etc. but being fired for being a republican is perfectly fine. Aren't liberals supposed to be all about equal rights and such... and i thought they supported women in positions of power (feminist movement). this is very hypocritical of the whole party in general.
I don't get it either.

Back
Top Bottom