Republicans for Kerry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThatGuy

Refugee
We are ordinary Republicans from across the political spectrum -- moderate, conservative, and progressive -- who believe in the sanctity of our Constitution and Bill of Rights. This unites us in our desire to return our country and our party to the traditional values that have been abandoned by the present extremist administration and their exclusionary allies in Congress. We have taken the unusual step of supporting a Democrat, John Kerry, because we believe he more honestly represents these values so vital to the health and well-being of our democracy. On the important issues of foreign policy, fiscal responsibility, tax policy, energy, the environment, media consolidation, civil liberties and trust, history has shown us all too clearly that John Kerry will be a far better steward than the present administration. We believe that all Americans should heed George Washington's wisdom and put country before party

http://www.republicansforkerry04.org/

Republicans: Now will you vote for Kerry?
Democrats: Now will you vote for Nader? ;)

No big surprise. There were plenty of Republicans for Clinton in traditional Republican strongholds.

You do raise a good point. Kerry is far enough to the right to attract Republicans. He appeared very hawkish at the convention. Is this what traditional democrats want?

Dude, c'mon now, of course there are going to be some GOPers for Kerry and of course there will be some Dems for Bush. Let's be real... How about the Mayor of St. Paul:

Sunday, August 01, 2004
St. Paul Mayor, a Democrat, will back Bush

Another Democrat wises up as to which candidate to back in the upcoming election.

"George Bush and I do not agree on a lot of issues," Kelly said in a statement. "But in turbulent times, what the American people need more than anything is continuity of government, even with some imperfect policies."

Kelly, who said he's remaining a Democrat, said the economy is going in the right direction. "There's no reason to believe a change of course will produce better or quicker results," he said.

And the mayor said the United States will bring the troops home from Iraq a lot sooner if "we don't try to bring in a whole new leadership team to run the show. We must stay the course."

I know that there are Democrats who support Bush. Heck, I'm surprised Lieberman hasn't endorsed him. I just thought it was interesting to see the reasons these Republicans have for supporting Kerry. Feel free to post any "Democrats for Bush" sites, as well.

ThatGuy said:
I just thought it was interesting to see the reasons these Republicans have for supporting Kerry.
I agree
they mentioned just about every major issue I would come up with

So how do we know the people who run this website are in fact true Republicans? Not saying their not. But I do see Democrats doing all kinds of strange and unusual things to get Bush out of office this year. Certainly, promoting the idea that even red blooded Republicans are against Bush helps.

Damn those Democrats and their talking points, why can't we get back to the usual Republican talking points?

I almost hope Republicans for Kerry is a Democrat initiative - at least it would show they know how to put up a fight in this year of dirty fighting. Alas I would bet it's probably what it claims to be.

Could be a fake. Wouldn't be any more strange and unusual than helping a third party candidate get on the ballot to draw away votes or starting a group to attack Kerry that falsely claims to be made up of men who served with him on his swift boats.

I guess we can call/write/e-mail the guy who registered the domain name. You can find his info here. or visit his website.

Sadly, whoever registered democrats4bush.com chose not to list their contact information. Just as well, as the first two comments on their Supporter Comments page read like they were written by a pr person.

Last edited:
While not a 100% backing of Kerry, John McCain is not a very staunch Bush supporter either. From the Boston Globe:
http://www.boston.com/dailynews/218/politics/McCain_condemns_anti_Kerry_ads:.shtml

McCain condemns anti-Kerry ads, calls on White House to follow suit

WASHINGTON (AP) Republican Sen. John McCain, a former prisoner of war in Vietnam, called an ad criticizing John Kerry's military service ''dishonest and dishonorable'' and urged the White House on Thursday to condemn it as well.

The White House declined.

Marty

I'm not sure we want to require politicians to evaluate each form of speech that takes place.

Should Kerry denounce Moore's film for its inaccuracies?

It's called voting based on the issues. Rather than blindly supporting a candidate based on party affiliation, maybe these "Republicans for Kerry" are a bit smarter than that.

Maybe they've *gasp* looked at the issues and where each candidate stood and decided that Kerry is their man.

I know this is a strange and sometimes difficult to understand concept, but it is a breath of fresh air.

nbcrusader said:
I'm not sure we want to require politicians to evaluate each form of speech that takes place.

Should Kerry denounce Moore's film for its inaccuracies?

You make a good point.

JessicaAnn said:
It's called voting based on the issues. Rather than blindly supporting a candidate based on party affiliation, maybe these "Republicans for Kerry" are a bit smarter than that.

Maybe they've *gasp* looked at the issues and where each candidate stood and decided that Kerry is their man.

I know this is a strange and sometimes difficult to understand concept, but it is a breath of fresh air.

Please don't try to inject logic and reason into FYM.

Back
Top Bottom