Republicans dip freedom fries in "W Ketchup", not Heinz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anitram

Blue Crack Addict
Story can be found here.

Snippet:

WASHINGTON, (AFP) - Americans allergic to the subtle Democratic flavor of Heinz ketchup can now plunge their "freedom fries" into a 100-percent guaranteed, patriotic alternative: "W Ketchup."

"You don't support Democrats. Why should your ketchup?" says the W Ketchup Internet site wketchup.com, which promises a totally US-made condiment, right down to the bottle.

It's probably the only Republican thing that's still American-made. They were too busy outsourcing all the rest of the employment in the U.S. to care. Now if only they actually gave half a damn about this nation, outside of petty swipes at Kerry...

Melon

Remember when the company making the GWB hats or T-Shirts was acually using slave labour in Burma, Doh'. I weep at that not this.

what exactly does "American" taste like?

Is it bitter from governmental corruption?
does it leave a bad taste...like partisan bickering?
does it taste like the salty tears of the disillusioned
like blood?
like oil?
maybe like money, in honor of the insane amount of money spent on elections...
how bout like sweat, in honor of all the over-worked and severely underpaid blue collar people breaking their backs just to survive...

At one time I would have maybe asked if it tasted sweet like knowing you are free to do and say as you wish.....ah, but then came the patriot act.....maybe it tastes like artificial sweetener then....looks sweet, should be sweet but leaves a funny taste after you swallow it blindly.

No, I don't think I will be trying "American" flavored ketchup

it's sort of funny

well, not really funny

but I hope they were just trying to be funny

yes

I think this is what is great about America. Seriously, I hope people from both parties come up with inventive things like this. Yeah, it's lame but it is also humorous. Where has everyone's sense of humor gone?

Ft. Worth Frog said:
I think this is what is great about America. Seriously, I hope people from both parties come up with inventive things like this. Yeah, it's lame but it is also humorous. Where has everyone's sense of humor gone?

Ah...you're right on the mark. I think sometimes it is this forum; it is a very unfunny place.

Melon

Ketchup is ketchup, folks. If your crazy Fox-News-watching father in law or aunt is that upset, just peel off the Heinz label and stick on a picture of Dubya (cut out of a magazine perhaps).

Capitalism at its finest may be fine as far as it goes, but what's the bet the makers of W Ketchup go broke before too many years have passed. I mean, isn't it a bit too topical to have lasting market power? This is a serious question, ladies and gentlemen.

Well now there's something humourous, if this is capitalism at it's finest and the odds are the company will bust in a couple of years (and it will because as you say topical has a Best Before date).

I wouldn't know Ketchup if it rained on me though. I'm not about to start giving a shit either.

Kieran McConville said:
Capitalism at its finest may be fine as far as it goes, but what's the bet the makers of W Ketchup go broke before too many years have passed. I mean, isn't it a bit too topical to have lasting market power? This is a serious question, ladies and gentlemen.

Of course it won't last long. It's a niche product that will sell through the election.

Once Kerry is out of the picture, ketchup won't be of any interest :wink:

22704.gif

LoveTown said:
this is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard....

No no, the stupidest thing ever heard was when, instead of trying to, you know, find alternatives to a great big bloody war in Iraq, Congress wasted time and money to change french fries to "freedom fries" in the House cafeteria.

I hope the fatuous, moronic Republicans who came up with that bill suffer a mild heart attack from chowing on their freedom fries and freedom toast. </half-joking>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom