Republican/Democrat Lovefest At WH Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/06/14/clinton.portraits/index.html

:heart: Bill Clinton could always see a better day ahead and Americans knew he was working hard to bring that day closer," Bush said. "Over eight years it was clear that Bill Clinton loved the job of the presidency. He filled this house with energy and joy. He's a man of enthusiasm and warmth, who could make a compelling case and effectively advance the causes that drew him to public service." :heart:

I'd love to hear what was really said in private :evil:

The portraits look lovely..

mdf596908.jpg

I loved this line

"Clinton said he hoped to "live long enough to see us return to vigorous debates where we argue who's right and wrong, not who's good and bad."

I saw a talk he and Dole gave recently and working together reasonably was the theme of both of their speeches.

Scarletwine said:
I loved this line

"Clinton said he hoped to "live long enough to see us return to vigorous debates where we argue who's right and wrong, not who's good and bad."

I saw a talk he and Dole gave recently and working together reasonably was the theme of both of their speeches.

you know, if it is "good vs. evil"

the clintons are "evil".

Did anyone ever stop to think that Bush just may have been sincere with his remarks? That perhaps, just maybe, after a week where the country mourned the death of former President Reagan and put aside partisan politics for a few days, that perhaps Bush was simply continuing in this same vein?

Zoocoustic said:
Did anyone ever stop to think that Bush just may have been sincere with his remarks? That perhaps, just maybe, after a week where the country mourned the death of former President Reagan and put aside partisan politics for a few days, that perhaps Bush was simply continuing in this same vein?
:lmao:

Sorry maybe I've become too cynical about politicians.

I guess that the two men have more in common in terms of experience than they do to others within their respective parties. I think that Clinton understands Bush's motivations better than many would have us believe.

A_Wanderer said:
I guess that the two men have more in common in terms of experience than they do to others within their respective parties. I think that Clinton understands Bush's motivations better than many would have us believe.

I'm sorry but exactly how did you get that from the quotes posted here. I'm just curious, I'm not trying to attack here, I just can't see that in these quotes.

In that picture above, it's the exact moment where Clinton is thinking "Shit. Of all the tie's to wear today..."

I'd love to be a fly on the wall if those two (Clinton/Bush) were ever in a room alone. I truly wish it had somehow worked out so that it was Bush vs Clinton at an election. Would have loved to see those two debate.

I've read a bit of 'insider' memoirs etc from the Clinton Administration, and I think it's fairly safe to say that saying Clinton didn't like Bush one bit is an understatement. I'm sure it's returned as well. You couldn't get two more opposite visions.

Zoocoustic said:

That's a nice thought :) I give him the benefit of the doubt that he was

Or maybe he got confused and thought he was giving Clinton's eulogy too ;) :D

They made a big deal on the news that it was the first time a First Lady posed for her portrait in a pantsuit :rolleyes:

Actually the best story is that of the artist - self taught and the first African American to be chosen to do the portraits I forget who President Clinton said recommended the artist to him..

My one about experience above is in relation to holding that position and not their personal history. I think that Clinton can appreciate Bush's own situation better than most considering he held the same office and was privy to the same information and given the same choices for 8 years.

Zoocoustic said:

Perhaps this is true. I believe the individual leaders are better than we give them credit. Elements of both parties would prefer to keep the partisian hatred alive to help keep the ranks in line.

Zoocoustic said:

Yes. In a way being a President or having been a President makes these guys members of a special group. They've all been in the same place. They've all faced the special stresses, the pressures, stuff that most of us don't put up with in our worst nightmares. Bush and Clinton have this in common even if they are from different "sides".

A_Wanderer said:
My one about experience above is in relation to holding that position and not their personal history. I think that Clinton can appreciate Bush's own situation better than most considering he held the same office and was privy to the same information and given the same choices for 8 years.

This I can agree with but I have a hard believing that Clinton understands "Bush's motivations" just because they shared the same position. Just my opinion...

Back
Top Bottom