Republican/Democrat Lovefest At WH Today - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 06-15-2004, 09:53 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Zoocoustic
Did anyone ever stop to think that Bush just may have been sincere with his remarks? That perhaps, just maybe, after a week where the country mourned the death of former President Reagan and put aside partisan politics for a few days, that perhaps Bush was simply continuing in this same vein?
Yes. In a way being a President or having been a President makes these guys members of a special group. They've all been in the same place. They've all faced the special stresses, the pressures, stuff that most of us don't put up with in our worst nightmares. Bush and Clinton have this in common even if they are from different "sides".

Old 06-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 09:15 AM
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
My one about experience above is in relation to holding that position and not their personal history. I think that Clinton can appreciate Bush's own situation better than most considering he held the same office and was privy to the same information and given the same choices for 8 years.
This I can agree with but I have a hard believing that Clinton understands "Bush's motivations" just because they shared the same position. Just my opinion...