Reply to the communist-thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the soul waits

New Yorker
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
I learned in Boot Camp...

What makes the grass grow?

Blood Blood Blood

What Kind of blood?

Commie Blood.

At least that is what my Drill Instructor told me.

God Bless theUnited States Armed Forces.

This bit of nationalism....brought to you by....Dreadsox

Irvine said :

oh my.

Dread, you know i love many of your posts, but this one ... my goodness, as an American, it behooves me to say that i in no way support the above sentiments.

to each his own, to your drill instructor the right to say all of that, but please -- to the non-Americans out there -- this does not speak for many of us.

Pax, I know you closed the thread for obvious reasons, and I'm not trying to stirr anything up by quoting this piece of the communist thread, I just wanted to say to Irvine and other US-ers here that as a European, I do not hate the USA and can place the above quote in the appropriate context.
I can only speak for myself, but I can tell you that I am not one to make generalizations on the entire USA based on the way the military goes about dealing with problem-situations.

Also : needless to say we have our own "chudder and cringe"-moments here with european and national politics, which more than once made me ashamed of being Belgian.

Thread can be closed, Pax, no problem, just really wanted to state this.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I do have to close this thread because we don't allow threads about closed threads, as I guess you know. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom