Religious Fanatics Demand Government Coercion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
Those who blaspheme Christ and get away with it are exploiting the Christian readiness to forgive and to love even those who insult us. There are some other religions which if you insult their founder they will not be just talking. They will make it painfully clear to you...Christians must not just sit back and say it is enough for us to forgive and to forget...Sometimes it is our duty to do something practical. So it is not I who will tell all Christians what to do, but some know legal means which can be taken in order to get the other person to respect the rights of others...This is one of the fundamental human rights: that we should be respected, our religious beliefs respected, and our founder Jesus Christ respected.
link

Wrong, wrong, wrong - there is no right to be treated with respect or have religious beliefs respected and there is definitely no right to respect a character who may or may not have even existed. I bet they wish their religion was like Islam, it's easy to criticise when they don't bite (or shoot and then slice) back - but this little broadside shows the mentality.

As for the use of the word fanatic - is it any more stupid than using the word activist to describe Hamas bombers? or Saudi Dissident to describe Osama bin Laden?

Last edited:
A_Wanderer said:

This is one of the fundamental human rights: that we should be respected, our religious beliefs respected, and our founder Jesus Christ respected.

looks like a joke to me !!

in a free , secular and civilised state..

religion has no meaning, regional is personal...best kept within the doors of ur house...or ur worship place

Back
Top Bottom