Religion, Population, Mathematics and Condoms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
Some religions really boast of numbers - really they do. We have this million followers in the world - that they are all useless in inventing, discovering or doing anything that helps the society, humanity, technology or world..is a different story.

Suppose there are just 100 ( or 100x ) people in this world. Suppose I infect only 10 ( or 10x) of them with my religion ( call it Acrobatism ) by hook or crook..say by telling them things they want to hear, false stories..assume i am good in pyscology..and i can do it..or I do it by brute force..or incentive..some money or something like that...

But I give them one advice - reproduce ( well you know what i mean :) ) a lot and produce a lot of kids. Each couple produce 10...5 of them die - as infants ( NO PROBLEM) ..but 5 survive or something of the sort.

So assuming effectively population rate per year for Acrobatism people is 3% and the rest of 90 (or 90x) is 2%.

1) After howmany years will my followers be more than rest of others ?

2) Now assume the population rate of Acrobatism was 4% & others 2% , in howmany years will people of my religion overtake the combined sum of the rest ?

I can easily find out the answers. Now extrapolate this in the past.

And dont be surprised by the answers :)

Lets see who is 1st in giving the answers ?

AcrobatMan

AcrobatMan said:
Lets see who is 1st in giving the answers ?
I'm going to guess you will be the first one to give the answers

what will I win should I be right?

AcrobatMan said:

I think those who "invented" religions were good in Maths. They wanted the world to be like what he wanted them to be.

:wink:

atleast some of them

Uh oh! More conspiracy theories! :shifty:

But I agree with this guy. Religion is an invention. God is an invention. A microwave is an invention. But Acrobat weren't you saying the opposite in my thread?

AussieU2fanman said:
But I agree with this guy. Religion is an invention. God is an invention. A microwave is an invention. But Acrobat weren't you saying the opposite in my thread?

About God - it depends on how to define it. So I dont agree with that part.

And I didnt say the opposite in that thread. Read all my posts again

- AcrobatMan

You expect me to think on a Saturday??? What kind of heretic are you? And math...I can do it, but do you have any idea how hard I worked finding a college that didn't require me to take a single math class? I even went to religious schools to avoid math!!

Umm...but I agree with your basic precept.

Hey! Wait a minute...I thought we were supposed to be talking about condoms here!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom