religion brainwash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
I was watching a quiz programm on television which involved kids aged 8-12. I was just skipping channels.. I was seeing the introduction of the kids.

Kid A : Hello My name is XYZ. I am the topper in my class in my school ABC . And I want to become a scientist.

Kid B: Hi I am QWE. My favorite subject is mathematics and when I am grown up, I was to look for another galaxy..

Good ..Good :) .. I started liking this show...until

Kid C ( aged 8 or 9) : My name is ZXC. I study in YUI school and I want to something for my religion...

Hello?? what did you say ?

I was shocked.. What kind of religious brainwash was is THIS ????
Is brainwashing your kid about any religion when he or she is unable to judge properly ethical ?

I was happy ( and not surprised) when the utterly religious kid got eliminated in the 1st round.

AcrobatMan

AcrobatMan said:
Kid C ( aged 8 or 9) : My name is ZXC. I study in YUI school and I want to something for my religion...

Well if s/he really did say this then I think his/her inability to construct a coherent sentence is probably of more concern than any alleged religious indoctrination. :shrug:

Last edited:
I'm confused...... you think the kid was brainwashed b/c he wants to be a pastor/missionary/theologian/whatever?

I don't even want to get involved in this, but the fact that he said something like that doesn't mean he was "brainwashed". I went to CCD classes and was taken to church/taught things by my Mom. But I can also think for myself and took these things in while forming my own thoughts and opinions about them.

Perhaps your bias makes you feel he is "brainwashed".

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I don't get where you're going with this, AcrobatMan... :scratch:

Maybe he really wanted to do something for his religion?

Yes, I am really confused as well; maybe I'm missing something? Just because a young religious person aspires to "do something for his religion" doesn't mean he's brainwashed. If so, then are farmers' children who want to take over the family farm brainwashed? Are med students who come from a family of doctors brainwashed?

brainwashed? I dunno about that one.

On a personal note, I think it's pretty cool that a kid that young would want to do something for his/her religion. Faith is not a bad thing it just gets a bad reputation sometimes because of the actions of certain people affiliated with specific religions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom