Religion as a Mental Illness - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2005, 05:24 PM   #106
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by thrillme

btw, U2.com has interference beat on one thing, timing. I once started typing up a post on Zootopia, but I had to go do something took about 45 minutes, I came back, knowing I might have to retype it, and posted it. Posted succesfully, didn't time out. I hate that, and it's not just interference that this happens. Good or bad, the Zoo was made for people who like to type up long posts, and take a lot of time to do it.

I have to copy and paste so much at other boards.
My first post in this thread.... and it's completely off the subject. (just as well, really.... )

Time out while posting here? Really? I've never timed out completely here while posting (although I have typed up long replies only to find out when I try to post that the thread has been closed Arrggghh....what a waste of effort and my invariably brilliant replies! ), and I've gone off and posted on other boards, engaged in chat conversations, cooked dinner, etc., all while working on a reply of some sort here. On the rare occasions I have to sign back in before it will let me post, I just sign in and then hit the back button until I'm back to the reply to thread window, and there is what I wrote, still waiting to be posted. Then all I have to do is hit submit reply again.

Old 05-31-2005, 05:54 PM   #107
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:16 AM
History has proven to us time and again that you don't have to be a believer or a disbeliever to commit atrocity.

The mess of it all is that people who wish to do something that would ordinarily be considered beyond the beyond, twist a convenient religion into a justification. The only thing worse than that is that some people then come to believe their self-serving justification and take up the sick cause. This is not the fault of religion: it is a fault, a flaw of humanity that we can and will and do use a good thing as the argued basis for all sorts of evil and criminality.

(On a smaller-than-historic scale, many murderers also justify their actions with another thing we generally like to consider good--love. 'I loved her; I had to kill her. It was for her own good'--or variations thereof.)

Old 05-31-2005, 11:27 PM   #108
Refugee

Local Time: 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra

My first post in this thread.... and it's completely off the subject. (just as well, really.... )

Time out while posting here? Really? I've never timed out completely here while posting (although I have typed up long replies only to find out when I try to post that the thread has been closed Arrggghh....what a waste of effort and my invariably brilliant replies! ), and I've gone off and posted on other boards, engaged in chat conversations, cooked dinner, etc., all while working on a reply of some sort here. On the rare occasions I have to sign back in before it will let me post, I just sign in and then hit the back button until I'm back to the reply to thread window, and there is what I wrote, still waiting to be posted. Then all I have to do is hit submit reply again.
Wha? Really, I tried that, but all I get is the empty reply window.

Last night, I typed up this long post saying how Adam is a valuable and irreplaceable member of U2, and well it was a little long, took some time, and when I tried to post, I had to log back in, and had to redo it. Tried going back, but what I typed up was gone.

So far, Zootopia is the only message board I've posted at, that doesn't time out that way. I made a necklace out the membership card too. Found this silver chain that looks great with it.

-----------

Back on topic, I agree with that Echo0001.