related to..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I'm tracing my ancestors. I found out that one of my mother's ancestors is related to Ronald Reagan. Yikes! Is this going to get me kicked out of the liberal club here?:wink:

:yikes:

I'm related to Benjamin Harrison who was a Republican back in 1888-1892 (his term as president) but the Republican/Democratic parties were very different.

Also William Henry Harrison who was a Whig...and a great general.

Benjamin Harrison-signer of the Declaration of Independence.

Ah, yeah, Benjamin Harrison......your direct name ancestor. I also found a Democrat, Edward Sellers McCurdy. He was a slave-owner in the last century who voted against secession. He died the next year, age 56. I wonder if he got harrassed for his vote?

RedrocksU2 said:
:hmm:

I am actually related to the Gambino family. (NYC fame)
:shifty:

True.

Horrors! In my case, it can't get any worse than being related to my former governor, Fob James. He was about as bad as anyone can get. Yuck.

Ha, my mother has traced her old New England side of the family to 5 presidents, including Taft, Coolidge, somebody I always forget.... and the Bushes (not direct ancestors but decended from the same person way up there somewhere...xth cousins y times removed or something). It's shameful but it sure isn't going to affect anybody's politics.

Varitek said:
Ha, my mother has traced her old New England side of the family to 5 presidents, including Taft, Coolidge, somebody I always forget.... and the Bushes (not direct ancestors but decended from the same person way up there somewhere...xth cousins y times removed or something). It's shameful but it sure isn't going to affect anybody's politics.

No, not mine.

I'm a direct descendant of one of the people on the Mayflower. I can also trace my ancestry to the French kings Louis XVI and Henry IV, and, by extension, the rest of European nobility (considering all of their incestuous marriages!).

I'm a direct descendant (via maternal grandmother) of the Cornaro line of Venice. We have our family tree traced back to the 12th century - took my uncle a year of his sabbatical to do it.

anitram said:
I'm a direct descendant (via maternal grandmother) of the Cornaro line of Venice. We have our family tree traced back to the 12th century - took my uncle a year of his sabbatical to do it.

Interesting.

Apparently on my mom's side, we are related to Benjamin Franklin and Robert the Bruce.

We're also related to *ahem*britneyspears*ahem* but that's not one we like to talk about. :silent:

Dad's family is from Quebec and from Sicily, so perhaps I'm related to a mob boss somehow. Who knows... :shrug:

Cool thread! I'm related to no one special. Just poor Dutch peasants! Not much has changed. My ancestors worked in castles and the likes. The only thing I can think of is that my dad's cousin was the coroner who worked on Jeffrey Dahmer victims. :ohmy:

My high school best friend's mom is related to Johnny Depp. He's like her cousin or second cousin.

Ormus said:
I'm a direct descendant of one of the people on the Mayflower. I can also trace my ancestry to the French kings Louis XVI and Henry IV, and, by extension, the rest of European nobility (considering all of their incestuous marriages!).

I've found ancestors in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, and I assume they came over on the Mayflower. I've found some Valois ancestors, but not any Bourbons.

sulawesigirl4 said:
Apparently on my mom's side, we are related to Benjamin Franklin and Robert the Bruce.

We're also related to *ahem*britneyspears*ahem* but that's not one we like to talk about. :silent:

Dad's family is from Quebec and from Sicily, so perhaps I'm related to a mob boss somehow. Who knows... :shrug:

I'm descended from Malcolm Canmore. Britney Spears? Ugh. I'm glad I'm not related to her.

Back
Top Bottom