Registered to vote in two states????? Shame on you Mr. Moore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0628041moore1.html

Never mind..LOL

[Q]I Will Spend One Weekend In October In a Swing State.

Plan your fall color vacation trip now with the family! Nearly all of us live within driving distance of at least one state where the vote is expected to be extremely close. Make it a fun weekend. Pick a town, book a room, and show up at the local party or candidate's headquarters and let them put you to work (going door to door, leafleting shopping centers, making calls to voters, etc.). If you already live in a swing state, make it two weekends in October! DrivingVotes.org can even help you plan your trip!

The important thing is, if you live in a place like New York or Texas, you gotta head over to Pennsylvania or New Mexico. That's where they need the help (note to my Dean friends: leave the orange stocking caps at home).

Here are the swing states for the 2004 election, listed in order of importance:

1. Florida
2. New Mexico
3. Wisconsin
4. Louisiana
5. Oregon
6. New Hampshire
7. Minnesota
8. Missouri
9. Ohio
10. Nevada
11. Pennsylvania
12. Maine
13. Michigan
14. Arkansas
15. Washington
16. West Virginia
17. Arizona
18. Tennessee
[/Q]

Smart move. I admire him for it.

Last edited:
So we're going to "expose" him for a pencil mark he make 12 years ago. How many times have you changed your mind in 12 years?

And please explain to me how you can be registered in two states? As soon as I registered in Il, it automatically voided my TX registration.

I thought anyone even attempting to vote twice automatically got busted for a felony. I also didn't think you could legally be registered to vote in two states. Am I wrong? I've never been registered to vote in any other state besides Alabama.

It is a felony - however, there are no "automatically busted" laws. Getting caught voting more than once depends on the strenghth of administrative record keeping and the willingness and ability to prosecute.

1st of all, Mr. Moore has property in NY and in MN. 2nd of all, the issue was he claimed to be non-partisan and not registered in one party or the other. Reporters found not only was this not true, he is a registered Democrat in NY, but that he registered in two states.

It is an issue, if he is planning on voting in NY as he is urging others to do, which is work the swing states.

I can't vote in a swing state. My state, Alabama, is going for Bush. I'll predict that this far in advance of the election; it hasn't gone for a Democrat since 1976 and then that was for Georgian Jimmy Carter. My vote for Kerry probably won't count. I am not a big fan of the Electoral College but that's where elections are won and lost.

I'm still registered to vote in Kentucky, even though I haven't lived there in over three years and don't have a Kentucky address.

i still get voter cards from my old illinois address even though i'm reregistered in chicago.

i know of old stories from my parents' friends who found out they "voted" for kennedy in chicago even though they hadn't lived there in decades and were registered republicans. it's pretty crazy.

as they say in chicago, vote and vote often.

:wink:

Vote EARLY...Vote often!

Dreadsox said:
1st of all, Mr. Moore has property in NY and in MN.

Moore has property in MINNESOTA? :hmm:

I didn't see that in the article anywhere. I hope Mr. Dreadsox never has to mail anything to Michigan (MI), cuz his mail just might end up in MINNESOTA (MN). :wink:

Now that I am done busting your chops...I am on the voting records in two states (I am not currently registered in the state that I live in, but will as soon as my company decides where I am living come November). My dad told me I am still on the rolls in New Jersey (Haven't voted there since 1990). And I cannot imagine how many areas I may be logged in Minnesota. :D

Once again a pencil mark done twelve years ago and something that many including myself are guilty of. I'm technically registered in two states, nothing I can do about it, but if he acts on then you can complain. If this is all we can come up with after the weekend F 9/11 had then I'm not worried.

Re: Vote EARLY...Vote often!

zoney! said:

Moore has property in MINNESOTA? :hmm:

I didn't see that in the article anywhere. I hope Mr. Dreadsox never has to mail anything to Michigan (MI), cuz his mail just might end up in MINNESOTA (MN). :wink:

You try typing while taking demerol:wink:

I am so loaded on medications I cannot drive right now. Day three of a migrane attack that would knock most mortals to the ground.

Sorry about the typo:mad: Good to see I have fact checkers.

verte76 said:
I am not a big fan of the Electoral College but that's where elections are won and lost.

I am a HUGE fan of the electoral college. Just because it confuses the heck out of the rest of the world, and it gives me a great lesson to teach in social studies.

I'm registered to vote in my hometown and the town I live in for college. :shrug:

As for the "he says he's independent but 12 years ago he was a democrat" argument -- I'd now describe myself as an independent but two years ago I was a member of the Labour party. Does that mean I'm lying when I describe myself as independent today?

Fizz are you running around claiming to have ALWAYS been something else? If so you are indeed a liar.:mad:

But knowing you as I do here in FYM I doubt you are.

Plan your fall color vacation trip now with the family! Nearly all of us live within driving distance of at least one state where the vote is expected to be extremely close. Make it a fun weekend. Pick a town, book a room, and show up at the local party or candidate's headquarters and let them put you to work (going door to door, leafleting shopping centers, making calls to voters, etc.). If you already live in a swing state, make it two weekends in October! DrivingVotes.org can even help you plan your trip!

Is anyone else laughing at this?

Re: Re: Vote EARLY...Vote often!

Dreadsox said:

You try typing while taking demerol:wink:

Sorry about the typo:mad: Good to see I have fact checkers.

anytime you need a fact checker! :D

Wait...isn't your state abb. MS - or am I thinking of another dysfuctional state? :wink: :D

Re: Re: Re: Vote EARLY...Vote often!

zoney! said:

anytime you need a fact checker! :D

Wait...isn't your state abb. MS - or am I thinking of another dysfuctional state? :wink: :D

Its only my state abbr. when I have a headache!

I'm still registered as a Republican. :reject: Though I know a lot of Republicans who are registered as Democrats so they can vote in the Democratic primaries.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom