Refinery Explosion Staten island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl91289

War Child
OMG. I'm looking out my window & seeing black smoke coming from Staten island. Apparently there was an explosion on a barge at the Hess Refinery. The newspeople say that the explosion also has something to do with a gas tank at the refinery. I'm not 100% sure yet, because it only happened 45 minutes ago. My mom thinks it was a terrorist attack. Just thought I'd ket everyone know, and let's pray for the safety of the poeple at the refinery and on Staten island.

Horrors. I get so nervous any time something happens in New York. I have two sisters who live in Brooklyn. I'm not liking the news from New York these days, generally speaking. It's scary.

explosie_newyork,0.jpg

Dutch newspaper says there's no reason to assume that this is a terrorist attack.

DrTeeth said:
Dutch newspaper says there's no reason to assume that this is a terrorist attack.

I don't think it was a terrorist attack, but it still makes me nervous. my mom is practically paranoid, and automatically assumed it was an attack. In New York, you have to be careful, but not paranoid. We have lives to live, and can't go around thinking that everything that goes wrong is an attack.

Yikes! I saw it on the news! Close up your windows, seal up your food (in plastic bags or tupperware, don't go outside unless you have somewhere to go...

this happens (at a smaller scale) occasionally in Richmond, north of Oakland and East of SF, where the gasoline refineries sometimes have accidents, like employees who aren't paying attention, or valves that fall off, etc. Call up Kaiser over there (don't know the area code!) they may have some real helpful tips :lol:

Back
Top Bottom