Reason Why We Deserve To Die #6281

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
A VIDEO by an al-Qaeda member posted on the Internet overnight calls on Muslims to attack Denmark, Norway and France for publishing cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed.

"Muslims avenge your Prophet .... We deeply desire that the small state of Denmark, Norway and France ... are struck hard and destroyed," said Libyan Mohammed Hassan, who escaped from US custody at Bagram airbase in Afghanistan last July.

"Destroy their buildings, make their ground shake and transform them into a sea of blood," said Hassan, dressed in military fatigues and a black turban, and holding an assault rifle.

Hassan, also known as Sheikh Abu Yahia al-Libi, was one of four Arab terror suspects who broke out of the high-security detention facility at Bagram, the main US military base in Afghanistan.
link

Utterly incapable of coexistence.

*Utterly incapable of coexistence.*

this song came to mind:

press>>>play

Well, the neighborhood bully, he's just one man,
His enemies say he's on their land.
They got him outnumbered about a million to one,
He got no place to escape to, no place to run.
He's the neighborhood bully.

The neighborhood bully just lives to survive,
He's criticized and condemned for being alive.
He's not supposed to fight back, he's supposed to have thick skin,
He's supposed to lay down and die when his door is kicked in.

The neighborhood bully been driven out of every land,
He's wandered the earth an exiled man.
Seen his family scattered, his people hounded and torn,
He's always on trial for just being born.

Well, he knocked out a lynch mob, he was criticized,
Old women condemned him, said he should apologize.
Then he destroyed a bomb factory, nobody was glad.
The bombs were meant for him.
He was supposed to feel bad.

Well, the chances are against it and the odds are slim
That he'll live by the rules that the world makes for him,
'Cause there's a noose at his neck and a gun at his back
And a license to kill him is given out to every maniac.

He got no allies to really speak of.
What he gets he must pay for, he don't get it out of love.
He buys obsolete weapons and he won't be denied
But no one sends flesh and blood to fight by his side.

Well, he's surrounded by pacifists who all want peace,
They pray for it nightly that the bloodshed must cease.
Now, they wouldn't hurt a fly.
To hurt one they would weep.
They lay and they wait for this bully to fall asleep.

Every empire that's enslaved him is gone,
Egypt and Rome, even the great Babylon.
He's made a garden of paradise in the desert sand,
In bed with nobody, under no one's command.

Now his holiest books have been trampled upon,
No contract he signed was worth what it was written on.
He took the crumbs of the world and he turned it into wealth,
Took sickness and disease and he turned it into health.

What's anybody indebted to him for?
Nothin', they say.
He just likes to cause war.
Pride and prejudice and superstition indeed,
They wait for this bully like a dog waits to feed.

What has he done to wear so many scars?
Does he change the course of rivers?
Does he pollute the moon and stars?
Neighborhood bully, standing on the hill,
Running out the clock, time standing still,
Neighborhood bully.

~b dylan

I was stabbing at the sad conclusion that this mindset, which by no means characterises all Muslims, will never accept the long term existence of unbelievers and violence will perpetually ensue.

After researching into many of the worlds main religions, I've come to the conclusion that Christianity is really the ONLY religion that works (despite how I am very much anti-Christian and realise the whole foundation is based on a lie). Nevertheless, in terms of a functioning society, it seems that Christianty is almost flawless with their idealogies and outlooks on life (except maybe the intention of promoting communism with the whole 'rich should give to the poor to eliminate the class system' notion.)
Anyone else agree that Christianity compared to the other main religions is "the best" in layman terms?

AussieU2fanman said:
After researching into many of the worlds main religions, I've come to the conclusion that Christianity is really the ONLY religion that works (despite how I am very much anti-Christian and realise the whole foundation is based on a lie). Nevertheless, in terms of a functioning society, it seems that Christianty is almost flawless with their idealogies and outlooks on life (except maybe the intention of promoting communism with the whole 'rich should give to the poor to eliminate the class system' notion.)
Anyone else agree that Christianity compared to the other main religions is "the best" in layman terms?

I'm not sure about Christianity as a whole, but I am a lifelong admirer of Calvinism because there are NO loopholes, none. Every single aspect of Calvinist theology points back to the same two basic principles: the supreme authority of God and salvation through the grace of Christ alone. I've taken a lot of courses in history, world religions, and Christian theology and I keep coming back to Calvinism. I'm a black-and-white kind of person, so it works well for me.

AussieU2fanman said:

No.

I actually found what LivLuv said to be interesting because to me, everything in life is grey and that's why a black/white approach in religion has me running in the other direction. So it's interesting how our own personalities come into play.

I have a lot of respect for eastern religions. I don't see why Christianity is "better" than say, Mahayana Buddhism.

anitram said:

No.

I actually found what LivLuv said to be interesting because to me, everything in life is grey and that's why a black/white approach in religion has me running in the other direction. So it's interesting how our own personalities come into play.

I have a lot of respect for eastern religions. I don't see why Christianity is "better" than say, Mahayana Buddhism.

So true. If I'm dedicated to something to the point where I'd literally bet my life on it, I need it to be black and white. But what works for me may only work for me and that's fine. I don't expect anyone else to feel the same way, or judge be because it's the way I feel.

I've always struggled with eastern religions because of the shades of gray.

religion :madspit:

people like these will never really be caught, always someone else willing to take the bullet for their asses.

The Prophet Muhammad in his farewell address: "I was ordered to fight all men until they say, 'There is no god but Allah.'"

Saladin (great 12th-century founder of the Ayyubid dynasty that included Ayyubid Egypt, Syria, Yemen, Iraq and much of present-day Saudi Arabia): "I shall cross this sea to their islands to pursue them until there remains no one on the face of the earth who does not acknowledge Allah."

Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini (father of the Islamic revolution in Iran): "We will export our revolution throughout the world . . . until the calls 'There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah' are echoed all over the world."

Osama bin Laden in November 2001: "I was ordered to fight the people until they say 'there is no god but Allah, and his prophet Muhammad.'"

Just a quick question, does anyone remember a thread a while ago which related to a review posted on the net by a strict Christian who went to a U2 concert and was sickened when Bono wore the Co-exist band, repeating "Jew, Mohammed, Jesus-all ture"?

She was obviously one of those Christians who believe their way is the only way. We don't know what is true. Maybe all of them have elements to the "one true way", maybe this way is yet to be discovered. I mean, I'm a Christian, but I have a few Muslim friends and I used to live with two last year. We used to spend hours discussing these things. I was generally interested in Islam, and how like Christianity, there are many different methods in teaching and rules regarding living.

My best friend is a pagan or white witch. I have many more who are athiest. I don't get into an argument with them because you cannot and should not change people's minds

Back
Top Bottom