Reality and what Bush supporters believe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anitram

Blue Crack Addict
New poll by the U of Maryland was published.

Some "surprises" include (I put Kerry supporter numbers in the brackets following each breakdown):

IRAQ:
20% of Bush supporters believe Iraq was directly involved in 9/11. (8%)

Another 55% of them believe Iraq provided substantial aid to Al-Qaeda. (22%)

WHAT 9/11 COMMISSION CONCLUDED:

13% believe the commission concluded that Iraq was directly involved in 9/11. (7%)

43% believe the commission concluded that Iraq provided substantial aid to Al-Qaeda. (20%)

GLOBAL PUBLIC OPINION ON IRAQ:

26% feel that the majority of the global public favoured the invasion. (5%)

42% feel that the global public was evenly divided regarding the invasion. (20%)

31% feel that the majority of the global public opposed the invasion. (74%)

GLOBAL PUBLIC OPINION ON US ELECTION:

57% believe that the majority of the global community supports Bush re-election. (1%)

33% believe the global community is divided on the US election. (30%)

9% believe that the majority of the global community supports the election of John Kerry. (69%)

HOW WELL INFORMED SUPPORTERS ARE OF THEIR CANDIDATE'S ISSUES:

The majority of Bush supporters is wrong on believing:

That Bush supports the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (69%).

That Bush supports the Kyoto Accord (51%).

That Bush supports the Land Mine Treaty (72%).

That Bush supports including labour and environmental standards in agreements regulating trade (74%).

The majority of Kerry suporters was CORRECT in all these instances regarding their candidate's position.

-------

Grim.

I do wonder if I were to do such polls on Kerry or Nader supporters the results that I would get. Questions like:

- Do you believe that Bush knew about September 11 in advance.
- Did Iraq ever kill an American citizen.
- Did Iraq sponser terrorism
- Do the majority of Iraqi's want the US in Iraq
- Are most Iraqi's somewhat or much better off after the invasion.
- Is "Al Qaeda" the principle threat to the United States
- Are the terror warnings politically motivated.
- Does the US support Israel too much.
- Do you believe that there will be another draft.

I suspect that one could get some interesting results. There are ignorant people who support President Bush, there are misinformed people who support President Bush, but this does not mean that all people who support President Bush are ignorant or misinformed.

A_Wanderer said:
I do wonder if I were to do such polls on Kerry or Nader supporters the results that I would get. Questions like:

Problem is most of your question are pointed and can't be measured.

They can be answered yes or no and they can be supported using statistics, history and statements, except for the US support for Israel one.

A_Wanderer said:
They can be answered yes or no and they can be supported using statistics, history and statements, except for the US support for Israel one.

How can you answer whether terror warnings are politically motivated and measure that against the "truth"? Like Karl Rove's gonna say yes. :eyebrow:

shart1780 said:

Are you saying he knew there would be an attack?

LOL.

There is a picture of him sitting behind his desk in the whitehouse.

On the desk is a calendar with the month of September on it. The 11 is clearly visable.

A_Wanderer said:

1. This will never be answered 100% honestly. Do we know he had some type of warning? Yes. But it's a loaded question.

2. What about other countries...once again loaded.

3. Loaded, but this wasn't what was claimed. You're confusing the issues.

4. Could be measured but doesn't really answer any questions. Does Africa want our help? Anyone else out there?

5. Are we speaking as of right now?

6. How will this be measured?

7. How will this be measured?

8. Once again...measure.

9. This is probably the most loaded question. No one is claiming that either politician wants a draft. That's just ridiculous. The quesion is will we be prepared if something beyond our vision happens in the next few months?

deep said:

On the desk is a calendar with the month of September on it. The 11 is clearly visable.
seesh u had some of us worried.:)

db9

deep said:

Sounds like

you should

put your

tinfoil hat on.

anitram said:

How can you answer whether terror warnings are politically motivated and measure that against the "truth"? Like Karl Rove's gonna say yes. :eyebrow:

How do you know what he is gonna say? Do you read minds; or are you just that partisan that you think you can?

Is John Kerry for the war, if you answered YES then you are correct, if you answered NO then you are correct, if you answered DON'T KNOW then you are correct - simple really.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

1. This will never be answered 100% honestly. Do we know he had some type of warning? Yes. But it's a loaded question.

2. What about other countries...once again loaded.

3. Loaded, but this wasn't what was claimed. You're confusing the issues.

4. Could be measured but doesn't really answer any questions. Does Africa want our help? Anyone else out there?

5. Are we speaking as of right now?

6. How will this be measured?

7. How will this be measured?

8. Once again...measure.

9. This is probably the most loaded question. No one is claiming that either politician wants a draft. That's just ridiculous. The quesion is will we be prepared if something beyond our vision happens in the next few months?

In response to your #9, the majority of US combat brigades, 55, are currently at home in the United States. So yes, the United States is prepared to respond to multiple contingency's around the world in the next few months and years.

26% feel that the majority of the global public favoured the invasion. (5%)

42% feel that the global public was evenly divided regarding the invasion. (20%)

31% feel that the majority of the global public opposed the invasion. (74%)

57% believe that the majority of the global community supports Bush re-election. (1%)

these were some of my favorites. :up:

This is as ludicrous as Kerry claiming we can get cheaper drugs from Canada and demonizing US drug companies. Due to federal pressure all the US drug makers realized flu vaccines would no longer be profitable and just stopped making; hence, the outsourcing and our current shortage. Canada is already voting to stop demostration projects for new US states who want to officially purchase drugs because it is causing shortages and driving up prices at home. In effect, there will be no mass sales of these drugs to the US public in any official capacity. If we directly pressure US drug companies on other meds, they will follow the path taken for the flu shot. Given this, Kerry still believes this is a viable alternative.

Similarly, his whole plan for getting other nations and the UN involved in Iraq defies any common sense. Are we going to depend on nations and organizations that were directly selling arms to Iraq or financing this activity at the same time they were supposedly acting as our allies? Even Mr. Putin has claimed that he believes the election of John Kerry will be considered an asset to global terrorism. Publicly saying the war wasn't a good idea in the first place and then asking people to join you is just a losing proposition.

If Kerry has nothing to hide about his military record, why won't he sign the release to make all his records public? Doesn't that seem strange to anyone? Why there was a board of inquiry at his separation? Why did it take years for him to get an honorable discharge?

Bush has his own issues which are obvious. I am just amazed when people turn a blind eye to the alternate realities we are facing.

It's a sad state of affairs that so many are uneducated about their candidates actual positions on important foreign affairs.

The UofM thinks they are unable to face the reality of Bush's positions.

you guys should take a look at even more basic statistics about the american public as a whole. my fav: roughly 50% of the US public cannot name the vice president.

Anirban said:
you guys should take a look at even more basic statistics about the american public as a whole. my fav: roughly 50% of the US public cannot name the vice president.

It is either Tom DeLay or Rumsfeld.

We all know Cheney is the President.

"It's a sad state of affairs that so many are uneducated about their candidates actual positions on important foreign affairs."

I agree. I just think that people should look closely at both candidates. A lot of people know why they shouldn't vote for Bush, but really don't know why they should vote for Kerry. There is a lot to the man that hasn't been portrayed in the main stream media. A lot, which as a veteran, I quite frankly find offensive. I think a lot of people are buying the meal based on its presentation and in reality will be left with a bad taste in their mouth.

Boston01...
I may be mistaken, but I think Kerry is simply saying we as American citizens should have the CHOICE to buy drugs from Canada. Governments are not supposed to limit our market.

I agree that more needs to be said about how other countries will be drawn in. Still, he has a rather lengthy plan on his website and a tentaive timeline for gradual withdrawal of troops, as well as a *promised* ;) increased rate of training of Iraqi soldiers and policemen. At least he seems to have a plan to speed up the process. And Putin is a corrupt dictator run by the oil companies, who has jailed his political opponents and overseen Part 2 in a dirty war in Chechnya that has left up to 250,000 civilians dead, as many as 42,000 of them schoolchildren. I would not be seeking advice from him.

Quote:
Originally posted by Anirban

It is either Tom DeLay or Rumsfeld.

We all know Cheney is the President.

LMAO.:wink:

Anybody with time and a basic knowledge of statistics can "match" statements and beliefs to paint any picture they want.

The left has been dipping into the "we're smarter than they are" trough quite a bit this election cycle.

A_Wanderer said:
Is John Kerry for the war, if you answered YES then you are correct, if you answered NO then you are correct, if you answered DON'T KNOW then you are correct - simple really.

:up: :up: :up:

Best post of the day.

nbcrusader said:
Anybody with time and a basic knowledge of statistics can "match" statements and beliefs to paint any picture they want.

Well, that's quite specious. Perhaps you can show us how this poll got it wrong.

Back
Top Bottom