Real Milk - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-19-2007, 06:38 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict
 
Laura M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,932
Local Time: 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje
Hehe. I didn't know others thought we take it to the extreme. I guess Wisconsin...I can see it. My husband's grandma is from Wisconsin and when she came for Christmas they told her how much I liked cheese. She was still surprised! My entire extended family has always loved cheese. Maybe it's a Dutch thing or family thing, who knows. We eat cheese like candy bars and even have our own special tools and utensils for properly slicing cheese.
I've never noticed Dutch people eat a lot more cheese than we do at home. They do like their bread though.
__________________

__________________
Laura M is offline  
Old 02-19-2007, 06:42 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen


I've never noticed Dutch people eat a lot more cheese than we do at home. They do like their bread though.
Yeah, I think it might be a local thing. The Dutch here have many jokes about our bread and cheese (and ham buns). My family goes to my grandparents every Sunday and the main cuisine is just white bread with lots of slices of cheese. The sad thing is I can't eat Gouda b/c it makes me really sick.
__________________

__________________
Liesje is offline  
Old 02-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #33
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 11:59 AM
I think what Lara meant was that cheese is very, very popular everywhere. Australians, for example, eat a lot of it. I personally adore it. Everyone I know loves it. I think the western world in general is very in love with cheese.
__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline  
Old 02-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #34
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 07:59 PM
i cheese.

i really do.

my favorite flavor is orange.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 02-20-2007, 04:00 AM   #35
Blue Crack Addict
 
Laura M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,932
Local Time: 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
I think what Lara meant was that cheese is very, very popular everywhere. Australians, for example, eat a lot of it. I personally adore it. Everyone I know loves it. I think the western world in general is very in love with cheese.
Yup. We're pretty fond of it too.

I'm also comparing the Dutch with the French and Spanish. The Spanish adored their cheese, we had a shelf full of cheese in our fridge in Spain. Not sliced cheese either, big blocks of the stuff. The Dutch have nothing in comparison to them.

__________________
Laura M is offline  
Old 02-20-2007, 04:22 AM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

The sad thing is I can't eat Gouda b/c it makes me really sick.
Oh that is sad. Gouda is my favourite.


On the topic of milk -- I do think, like any food, milk is best when it is minimally processed and as close to naturally produced as possible. When I was a kid we used to buy milk directly from a farmer. I would remove most of the heavy cream (it would rise to the top of the bottle) and make butter or caramels (I loved to cook and bake). That stuff made the best butter and caramels. On the rare occasion the cream would sour (I'm generally not a fan of sour cream or sour cream butter) I'd make an awesome sour cream cake.

Once I got past my teen-aged years though I lost the taste for milk to drink and I sure didn't need the calories and fat that milk provided. I do use milk in some things I cook now, but don't use it for drinking and such. I actually prefer soy milk now for cereal and occasional drinking.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 02-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra


Oh that is sad. Gouda is my favourite.


On the topic of milk -- I do think, like any food, milk is best when it is minimally processed and as close to naturally produced as possible. When I was a kid we used to buy milk directly from a farmer. I would remove most of the heavy cream (it would rise to the top of the bottle) and make butter or caramels (I loved to cook and bake). That stuff made the best butter and caramels. On the rare occasion the cream would sour (I'm generally not a fan of sour cream or sour cream butter) I'd make an awesome sour cream cake.

Once I got past my teen-aged years though I lost the taste for milk to drink and I sure didn't need the calories and fat that milk provided. I do use milk in some things I cook now, but don't use it for drinking and such. I actually prefer soy milk now for cereal and occasional drinking.



"On the topic of milk -- I do think, like any food, milk is best when it is minimally processed and as close to naturally produced as possible."

Yes
__________________

__________________
the iron horse is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com