Read This!! Why Iraq War Is Wrong. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2004, 07:58 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 01:06 AM
Read This!! Why Iraq War Is Wrong.

Hey Everybody! IF YOU ARE INTELLIGENT, YOU'D VOTE FOR KERRY, AND HERE'S WHY.

The Iraq war was wrong for many reasons:
1) When Bush first started talks of war on Iraq, he said that war is necessary because Iraq has weapons of mass destruction and has ties with al-qaeda/9-11. When the UN weapons inspectors went into Iraq in 2002, Bush was confident that they'd find weapons, thats why he didnt have to worry about what to do if they didnt find weapons, cuz he was going to war no matter what. However, the inspectors found NO weapons. Yet still bush insisted that Iraq has weapons and went to war anyway. Meanwhile, there was no evidence of a connection between Iraq and Al-qaeda, that's why bush had to make an excuse for the war...and then came the 3rd reason: he said Saddam was a bad leader. Yes, we all agree with that, however this was just an excuse because Bush couldnt find any evidence of weapons or ties with al-qaeda.

Ok, so Saddam Hussein was a bad leader. But there are other countries that the leaders are bad AND have ties to alqaeda AND have weapons of mass destruction.

1) IRAN, for example, let the 9/11 hijackers pass through their country without stopping them

2) SAUDI ARABIA funded 9/11, most of the hijackers were Saudi.

3) North Korea. It has about 8 nuclear weapons. The leader of N.K., Kim, even admitted this. Each of these nukes can destroy New York City, and a 40 mile radius around it. Also, these nukes CAN reach west coast of the U.S. Also, even if Saddam had weapons, there would be no way they could reach the U.S.

So let's review:
1) There is no evidence found that Iraq had WMD's, says a very recent CIA report.
2) Also, the Iraqi weapons facilities are old and out of use!!! This also came from the recent CIA report.
3) The 9/11 commission concluded that Iraq had NO connection with 9/11.
4) Meanwhile, North Korea has weapons, they aren't afraid to use them, and those weapons CAN reach the U.S.
5) Also, Iran and Saudi Arabia HAVE ties with alqaeda.

Also, i'd like to add this:

Osama Bin Laden is in the mountain regions between Afghanistan and Pakistan. U.S. troops are searching for him there. However, they are only on the Afghan side of the border. Now wouldn't it help if we could search on the Pakistani side??, where there are many villages who support bin Laden, so theres a very good chance that he can be hiding there. So why don't we go onto the Pakistani side? Because Pakistani President Pervez Musharaff won't let the U.S. enter. First of all, the region where bin Laden could be hiding is not even under Musharaff's control, because of all the Radical Islamists that control it. So now the question is, why won't bush go into this region of Pakistan by using force?, if it's completely okay with him to go into Iraq, in which there was no evidence at all of bin-Laden/ties with al-qaeda, then why can't he go into a region of Pakistan, not controlled by it's President, AND in which there is a good chance of bin Laden being in??????????????

Spread this information to everyone, thanks.

VOTE KERRY/EDWARDS 2004

Old 10-07-2004, 08:00 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:06 AM
Read this!!

This thread is going to FYM.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:08 PM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 08:06 AM
Your telling us (in hindsight) why Bush shouldn't have gone into Iraq. We all know it was based on bad intelligence. The same intelligence which was shared by the rest of the free world. Your not telling me why I should vote for Kerry/Edwards. Because one person was wrong doesn't mean another person is right. This is especially true when that other person is on the record saying they would have done the same thing given the intelligence of the day.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:44 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Sorry, I don't vote for someone based on what the OTHER guy says and does.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:49 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:06 AM
they both suck, but it's a matter of who sucks less.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:52 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Is this the reasoning behind your return?

Old 10-07-2004, 09:05 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
Read this!!

This thread is going to FYM.

FYM with large capital letters, large capital letters.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:07 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

i guess if i support bush im unintelligent. thanks.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:18 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation
Well, OK.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:36 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:06 AM
Just as long as we understand you attitude.....
Old 10-07-2004, 09:50 PM   #11
Refugee

Local Time: 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation

I'm just going to bring up something interesting...not to offend but...

As my mom learned in her Ethics class at an area liberal college, generally democrats operate under the utilitarian idea, which means they rely more on emotions to make their decisions (in a nutshell). Republicans operate mainly under the contractarian idea, which means their decisions are usually based on logic.

just wanted to bring that up even though it's a little off topic...

can anyone say they at least see where this generalization comes from?
Old 10-08-2004, 12:00 AM   #12
War Child

Local Time: 04:06 AM
Blanket statements are always a bit off the mark for me. I think that's kinda saying that emotional people can't be logical and I don't agree with that. I think people that are very emotional and feel empathy for people etc can also be quite rational.

I can see where the generalization comes from and I don't think it's 100% wrong I just think it's hard to say ALL Democrates are one way and ALL Republicans are another.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:01 AM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:06 PM
Read This then!
http://www.steynonline.com/index2.cfm?edit_id=35
Old 10-08-2004, 02:07 AM   #14
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FullonEdge2
generally democrats operate under the utilitarian idea, which means they rely more on emotions to make their decisions (in a nutshell). Republicans operate mainly under the contractarian idea, which means their decisions are usually based on logic.
Logic like calling the War in Iraq a crusade?

Huh if that's logic i don't want to be called rational ever again.

Not everything you can learn in college classes is true
Old 10-08-2004, 03:29 AM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:06 PM
May I just say that "Saddam Hussein was a bad leader" does not even begin to account for the crimes of the regime. In barbarity, not magnitude, in barbarity they were on par with the Nazi's and the Soviet Union. A bad leader would be someone who runs an economy into the ground or messes up social policy, Saddam Hussein is an evil dictator responsible for the deaths of millions. To brush aside this element with a token statement of dislike is a very easy way to dismiss intervention as a pointless imperial excercise that only brings death upon people who were living peaceful and prosperous lives.

I find the concept of leaving a regime like that in power when the opportunity to remove it with substantially less casualties presents itself the right choice - regardless of WMD or Terror Links - and I stood by it before the war and after. How many innocent lives are worth paying to uphold the status quo of having a dictator murdering tens of thousands and the international community at best sitting on their hands and at worst being complicit in the crimes?

Never
Ever
Forget

http://massgraves.info/
Visit this site and look over it well, war is horror - sometimes peace is too.