Reaching Out to Dems - Bushit - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2005, 10:39 PM   #166
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Yeah I can see some like LL Cool J (just from interviews I've seen) that just vote Republican based on their wallets.
Looked around, didn't see any that suggested that. He claims not to stand for a particular party, and all that jazz. He's concerned about how the candidates will provide for him, and this doesn't always have to mean financially. He's one of the more decent rappers in the industry, I wouldn't be so hard on the guy. Didn't he appear at the 2000 DNC? What interview prompted you into thinking this?

Old 01-16-2005, 01:03 PM   #167
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by drhark
We all vote by our wallets to some degree.

I vote Republican by my wallet, and others vote Democrat by my wallet. Still others vote Green by my wallet.

I thought I sort of knew what the label NeoCon was supposed to mean until I read the last post
Um no, if I were to vote by wallet I'd be voting Republican.

Old 01-16-2005, 01:07 PM   #168
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
Looked around, didn't see any that suggested that. He claims not to stand for a particular party, and all that jazz. He's concerned about how the candidates will provide for him, and this doesn't always have to mean financially. He's one of the more decent rappers in the industry, I wouldn't be so hard on the guy. Didn't he appear at the 2000 DNC? What interview prompted you into thinking this?
Why is this being hard on him? I just remember reading an interview recently in GQ or Details can't remember where, he said he votes to protect his investments, he's big in investments talked about his first stock was Wal-Mart. He said he didn't see politicians doing anything real socially so he was just going to look out for number one, he said some may see that as selfish, but that's how he got this far.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:40 PM   #169
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Um no, if I were to vote by wallet I'd be voting Republican.
It was sort of a joke, but not really. I vote Republican by my wallet, and others vote Democrat by MY wallet. Still others vote Green by MY wallet.

You probably don't think it's funny. I do.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:05 PM   #170
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

It's that liberal Narderist "evil corporation" buzzword that gets that started. Evil corporation, such as... the one I work for, the one my dad worked for, and the one you work for. Oh wait, you don't have a job.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:25 AM   #171
War Child

Old 01-17-2005, 06:57 PM   #172
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by drhark
We all vote by our wallets to some degree.

I vote Republican by my wallet, and others vote Democrat by my wallet. Still others vote Green by my wallet.

I thought I sort of knew what the label NeoCon was supposed to mean until I read the last post
It means that most Neo-cons think that , most poor people are poor by their own fault. Often they are too lazy, too stupid, or some other nasty/arroganrt label they come up with or nearly impossible stardard to have [esp uinder unfortunate conditions].

Or if the neoCon is of Calvanistc persuasion they have a sort of circular reasoning that involves wealthy = deservedness/ worthiness.
>Therefore if one is born into a rich family they are automatically worthy.
>A poor person is poor because they are inherently unworthy.

The USA is not just a nation of individualists, we also have a certain amout of [small letter] commonweal(th)....of Community. ANd in most communities the rule of helping the least among us has alway applied.

But not so under Neocons

Ah...I finally remebered the a phrase more than one person has uttered.... Neo-cons are Social Darwinists .

They are Social/Community Scrooges.......
'"better off they go and die & be done with it''[paraphrasing Ebeneezer here] I believe he [in film- alister sims version] is refering to those who are in, or about to go into the poor houses because of bad times come upon them, of whom some would rather 'die' than go into a poorhouse.

You see most Neo-cons Social Scrooges/Darwinists tend to only see the 'outisde' of the person and their current circumstances.

Under what troubles and difficult circumstances a person may display at a 'point' in time maybe, months, even years....they don't see that a person might have things of worth to offer a community.... even intangible things such as kindeness, watching out for others, good laughter to share, then more 'concrete' things as talents/intellegences that may have been thwarted/stymied etc due to outside circumstances, sudden situations, illnesses, accidents and economic downturns.

A person who says they've done everything themselves [to pull themselves up] is [U]still standing on the shoulders of others before them[U/] who fought for/ or invented things, helped bring about circumstances & things that they often take for granted.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:54 PM   #173
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I'm sorry you feel that way dazzled, but it would put light on the subject if you can sight a specific example of how conservatives (or as you put it, neocons) think that "most poor people are poor by their own fault." Of course you used the word "neocon", which isn't how I would classify myself. Neocon is a bit of a twisty term, so it would help if you defined what it is and what a neocon stands for.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:25 PM   #174
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:33 AM
Neocons are social darwinists? Are you saying that neocons subscribe to the idea that people are poor because they are less genetically fit as the rich, because if that is what you are saying then I think that you are defaming those who subscribe to that ideology.

You assume that there is a universal neocon concept of what role welfare plays in society and then take the most extreme view as the mainstream, this is a generalisation that overlooks the benefits of doing things like encouraging economic growth instead of dishing out lots of welfare.

Just read the Kristol article, it goes over what neoconservatism is as a school of thought. way.http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...tzmlw.asp?pg=1

The way that neoconservatism is treated by the media and left you would think that it is the ideological equivalent of Nazism, that it is a warmongering and authoritarian system that wants to make rich wall street bankers richer and make every minority group and poor person suffer untold pains.