Re: NBC's David Bloom Dies In Iraq

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diane L

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Freaked out in a Moonage Daydream, oh yeah!
Re: NBC's David Bloom Dies In Iraq

David Bloom, who really seems to have made a big impression with his reporting from Iraq for NBC, died of a pulmonary embolism early today. The cause of death wasn't due to combat. He would have been 40 next month.

David is survived by a wife, Melanie, and three daughters.

This is shocking news. He really did a good job with his reporting, and was featured a lot on NBC and MSNBC.

:hug: to David Bloom's family.

mdf250616.jpg

The full story of his accomplishments in Iraq and reporting career can be found here

i thought he was doing such an amazing job. he was one of my favorites.

:sad:

God bless him and his family...

I hadn't heard this yet...I haven't watched much news today

he was so young :sad:

:bump:

With MSNBC's coverage of the anniversary in Iraq they've been showing a lot of David Bloom in Iraq...his loss is still being felt.

I really don't have much to say...I just wanted to bring this up again, and see how people feel 4 years later.

:( Very sad thing to remember

I got Bob Woodruff's book, I haven't started it yet. But I have seen him on several shows and I can't believe he is still alive, I had no idea it was that bad. They literally cut his head to let his brain swell out of it :|

Also David's widow is still doing work on behalf of DVT awareness, now they are talking about DVT risk for office workers. So that is so important. And the Woodruffs are doing that for TBI and for wounded vets-that special he did a few weeks back was very good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom