RATE THE SPEECH.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Lilly:
I could NOT believe some of the things he was saying.

Case in point, the Phillippines. Terrorists are there and we are there fighting them. Now Bush has the fantastic
rolleyes.gif
and *ORIGINAL* idea! Train the Philippinos to fight for themselves. HEEEELLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Remember Ronald Reagan?! Maybe oh I dunno, THE SCHOOL OF AMERICAS!!!???
mad.gif
Ohhh, wait maybe it will be more like the time we trained the Afghanis to fight the Soviets with *OUR* tactics. Beep beep back the truck up, those are the same people FIGHTING US NOW!!

This training thing may seem to be a good idea, but it DOES NOT work! I cannot believe Rumsfeld wants to do this! Did they skip over the 80s and early 90s (when SOMEONE'S dad was President) in their history books?
mad.gif
If we carry this out it will be asking for people to attack us in the future.

And your solution is -- what, exactly?

It seems to me the only course left are sending in our own troops or doing nothing.

If we send in our own troops, those who complain now will be screaming "Vietnam" all over again.

And if we do nothing substantial, then we'll be inviting more terrorism, just as Clinton's non-responses to attacks on U.S. embassies, bases, and naval vessels did nothing to deter the terrorists from attacking our office buildings in New York.

History teaches us many things, including the simple fact that these thugs who attacked us understand one thing: brute force.

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:

And if we do nothing substantial, then we'll be inviting more terrorism, just as Clinton's non-responses to attacks on U.S. embassies, bases, and naval vessels did nothing to deter the terrorists from attacking our office buildings in New York.

Just out of interest, what response would you have liked to have seen from Clinton in response to those incidents? Are you talking about military force and if so, who should it have been directed against?

[This message has been edited by FizzingWhizzbees (edited 02-03-2002).]

What response? What we're doing now, against al Queda.

The Clinton Administration knew bin Ladin was behind the attacks - hence the two (and only two) cruise missles. We should have showed more teeth when our embassies and military bases were attacked.

Originally posted by U2live:
all he was doing is reading a teleprompter from what Dr. Rice wrote for him to say.

LOL! really, though, she is an incredible woman.

------------------
"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It's clear, though, that even if presidents have speech writers that they ultimately approve the final draft.

No one simply said to President Bush, "Here's the speech, read it."

Back
Top Bottom