Rate and advise Bono on Meet The Press if you watched it. Add Comments please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate the effectiveness of Bono's Meet the Press interview.

• Bono hit a homerun and convinced many fence sitters

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Bono didn't say anything new but I know his heart is in the right place and I will continue to suppo

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Bono did a great job sounded intellegent swayed perhaps a few but should shave, take off his glasses

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
I thought Bono was right on target during the interview w Tim Russert.

Bono is articulate and eloquent in his speech and has a strong command of the issues he espouses.

Also he is wise enough to parse his words when needed and offer challenges for the USA to up their ante'

My only advice is that if when is trying to persuade a bloc of ppl i.e. (the conservatives in Washington) he may want to make his appearence more appealing to those he is trying to win over.

More like this:
6.19.99.jpg

bono_and_judd_l.jpg

Less like this:

0_21_090104_bono_450.jpg

Having grown up around conservatives, sadly I know how they think.
I offer this as only a suggestion to help him with his cause -to help him increase his milage.

I do hope that somebody passes this on to Bono and he gets to read it.

thoughtfully,
db9

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering when someone would get around to posting this in FYM.

I watched it yesterday. I thought Bono did well, although at times it seemed difficult for him to get the exact words that he wanted out. Perhaps that's because he came across a bit fatigued (although quite understandable).

He did a great job explaining what Bush needs to do, but he did it in a positive way. He praised Bush for what he has done so far, but also warned that much more was required if the U.S. was to show its support on the same levels as other countries.

The only thing that bothered me a bit was when they touched upon the rampant corruption that goes on. Bono didn't seem to have a specific answer regarding those countries in question, but then again, who does? I think it is very important that a strategy be developed where aid can be received by those in need directly, thereby foregoing the shady leaders in power. I don't know how that would happen, but there has to be a way.

There must be a way.

He did do a great job, although I don't think he said anything new. However, what he did say was intelligent. Tim Russert will harass anyone who avoids his questions, and Russert didn't have to do any harassing of Bono.

(Rumsfeld, on the other hand, avoided every question, and I enjoyed watching Russert make fun of him. :sexywink: )

Melon

I thought Bono was fantastic. I agree that he's looked better.

I think he looked like he was bracing himself - like he was in a lot of pain. I also thought his breathing sounded laboured. I'm amazed that he pushes himself and shows up no matter how he feels. :up: If you pray, pray that Bono feels better quickly!

VertigoGal said:
i agree completely diamond.

also he should try not to tilt his neck the whole interview. :wink:

yes, what is up w this head tilt.
did ali or larry tel lBono he has a good side for the camera or what?:sexywink:

suggestions for future TV pitches to to masses and conseratives that are hoarding the coinage::
1-
Clean Shaven
2-
Shorter hair like in the Beautiful Day video
3-
straight ahead answers into the camera like Adam wood.
4-
take off the damn glasses

Anne,
if Bono can bounce around on stage and pound drums like a posseseds warrior, he can adjust his posture for a half hr intrerview unless there is some phys ailment he has that i dont know about.

if you can enlighten us please do.

:)

db9
ps edited.

Last edited:
BostonAnne said:

Anne,
if Bono can bounce around on stage and pound drums like a posseseds warrior, he can adjust his posture for a half hr intrerview unless there is some phys ailment he has that i dont know about.

if you can enlighten us please do

db9

diamond said:

Anne,

if you can enlighten us please do

db9

Actually there is, he has a bad back, seemingly he has to get injections before concerts. I'm not saying that is definitely the reason but it could be.

ok fine.

before next interview

1.pain pills
2 a shave
3 a facial
4 shorter hair
5 allison keeps his shades in her purse.

db9

He did look tired, but what with being all over the place the last few months, I wouldn't blame him. Get some rest, Bono :hug:!

melon said:
He did do a great job, although I don't think he said anything new. However, what he did say was intelligent. Tim Russert will harass anyone who avoids his questions, and Russert didn't have to do any harassing of Bono.

(Rumsfeld, on the other hand, avoided every question, and I enjoyed watching Russert make fun of him. :sexywink: )

Melon

Hehe, I noticed that with Rumsfeld, too :D. But you're right with Bono, Tim didn't do that with him. As for the corruption question and stuff, it is a bit hard to have an answer, yeah, because corrupt people don't want to change their ways, so all the nice suggestions in the world could just go in one ear and out the other. Doesn't mean that Bono won't still try to stop that, though.

All in all, a very interesting show. Bono gave credit where credit was due, but also did point out the areas where work is still needed. I honestly don't know how this guy keeps up with all the stats and everything on this issue.

Also, okay, so how exactly is all this stuff next week gonna work-we've got the concert this upcoming weekend, and then what is it now that's taking place a week from Wednesday? And I recall something about a series of events...so how long is all this stuff together gonna last then?

Angela

My wife thought he had a hangover....

I thought he did alright.....not great...but alright.....

diamond said:
ok fine.

before next interview

1.pain pills
2 a shave
3 a facial
4 shorter hair
5 allison keeps his shades in her purse.

db9

DIAMOND:tsk: I have to say you are right even though I hate to admit it...but Bono was still great with his straght forward answers and he is still sexy to me ...even though he was looking a bit wore out:shrug:

^ ditto that. If I were Ali, I'd attack him with clippers and a shaver in his sleep and tidy him up. I'm a huge fan of Bono, but not a big fan of his current image. It's too rough and unkept and really is making him look older than he is (the dark shades over his eyes, slicked back thinning hair, extremely dark colored clothing...bleh).

Something a little more like this, but w/ a LIGHT colored dress shirt or suit ensemble would be a bit more marketable, IMO:
photo164.jpg

That said, I have yet to see the interview in question...

Last edited:
Well LivLuv ....if you saw him you would not be impressed, with his looks that is...what he was talking about was right ON!!! I think he just looked so woren out, unshaven and the hair style was not workin either...but I still love my Bono!!!!:slant:

Carmelu2fan said:
Well LivLuv ....if you saw him you would not be impressed, with his looks that is...what he was talking about was right ON!!! I think he just looked so woren out, unshaven and the hair style was not workin either...but I still love my Bono!!!!:slant:

Probably. I think he looks wonderful on stage, but the shades, the slicked hair, the dark black/red/purple clothes, the scruffy face....just doesn't translate well into proper business and PR attire, dear Bono. I actually told my boyfriend last week I'm going to write TLC and demand a celebrity episode of What Not To Wear with Bono as my nominee!

Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with the beef of the interview, but you can't say these things in PLEBA! :reject:

BostonAnne said:
I thought Bono was fantastic. I agree that he's looked better.

I think he looked like he was bracing himself - like he was in a lot of pain. I also thought his breathing sounded laboured. I'm amazed that he pushes himself and shows up no matter how he feels. :up: If you pray, pray that Bono feels better quickly!
I was going to say the same thing
I kepy mentioning to my dad while we were watching it that it looked like he was having back pain again :(
he was tilted the whole time and looked like he was in an invisible body cast
But he was still effing hot :p
Ive heard everything he said already, but I think its important that he get the main points across because the rest of the world isnt as bonosteeped as we are :wink:

Moonlit_Angel said:
On a sorta related note, there's a guy I talk to on another board who'd seen the show last night, too, and he really liked what Bono had to say :). He was quite impressed by him.

Angela

Yeah Bono knows his politics...I just hope and pray that sweet man feels better so he can dress himself up a bit better...I love the way he looks in a suit.:drool:

u2bonogirl said:
Ive heard everything he said already, but I think its important that he get the main points across because the rest of the world isnt as bonosteeped as we are :wink:

Exactly. And agreed, Carmelu2fan. If he is tired or feeling ill or something, I hope he does take a bit of time and get all alert and up to speed again and everything.

Do U2 have any concerts this week before the Live 8 show? If not, Bono should take some of that time and get in a nice nap or two.

Or maybe he was feeling well and it was just the lighting or an uncomfortable chair or something, too :shrug:. Who knows.

Angela

u2bonogirl said:
with his shirt unbuttoned :drool::drool:

I hear ya u2bonogirl!!!
I was trying to listen to what he said but my eyes keep going down to that chest...hehehehe:drool:

Back
Top Bottom