Rate and advise Bono on Meet The Press if you watched it. Add Comments please. - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Rate the effectiveness of Bono's Meet the Press interview.
Bono hit a homerun and convinced many fence sitters 8 21.62%
Bono didn't say anything new but I know his heart is in the right place and I will continue to support the ONE campaign 18 48.65%
Bono did a great job sounded intellegent swayed perhaps a few but should shave, take off his glasses, to penetrate the thick skulled conservatives that still haven't reaalized the AIDS Emergency in Africa 11 29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2005, 11:56 AM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:13 AM
call me crazy but BONO is sexy no matter what he has on..... I do agree he did look tierd, but he looked tiered and sexy (if that is possible) I almost cold not concentrate on the interview because he had his top 3 buttons undone...I know shame on me!!!

Old 06-29-2005, 12:22 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:13 AM
Since when can´t a conservative businessman wear a full grown beard? Excuse me, Edgar Bronfman Jr.?

Some of you sound like a bunch of arrogant yuppies; you really frighten me at times. I know business rules, but the decision makers will not base their decision on Bono´s looks.

Old 06-29-2005, 12:37 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

Agreed, sorry to keep going on about it, but I do wish he'd ditch the shades. From all these business, marketing, and communication classes and projects I've been taking/doing lately, it's just so important to honestly be able to look someone in the eye. The shades make it seem like he's got something to hide or he's afraid of being genuine or something. If you want people to believe you and in a sense, trust you, that's not good.
I took about the same classes as you I guess. And what can I say to you? My opinion is they are wrong.

Sure it is important to look someone in the eye. But so many deals are closed by email communication those days, in my managing experience, sometimes you don´t even meet the decision-maker whom you want to sell your latest companies´product.

I also wouldn´t go to a business meeting with sunglasses, but Bono can´t totally give up his rockstar image. He has to be credible for his fans first, and then for some business people he is trying to influence. Guess how many articles would critisize his new appearance if he dresses and behaves like a broker on Wall St.!

As to the marketing etc. classes: they want to create a totally perfect picture or the perfect streamlined busnessman/ woman and to transport that image to you. What they totally overlook is that most people are not perfect. We all know that people over 40 are too old for the job market, that women still get paid considerably less for the same work, etc. etc. We are all against those unfair exclusions of the job market. Oh, but for a marketing company it´s all different, no? It would be great if we were all models, jumped out of the next TV ad, and oh we´re all young and dynamic and whatnot. Next thing is that men under 6 feet or fat women can´t get a proper management job.

So all of that to say that.. I belive you learn this in your courses, because I did the same.. but those people are exaggerating in many of their views. In my opinion, it is much more important to prove you´re a mover and shaker in the biz. Sales numbers count, not the length of your hair (except in military).

Back to Bono: he has proved he´s a mover and shaker. The conservatives will have to think two times before they can afford to take him less serious because of his looks on a TV show.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:17 PM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

Sure it is important to look someone in the eye. But so many deals are closed by email communication those days, in my managing experience, sometimes you don´t even meet the decision-maker whom you want to sell your latest companies´product.
I agree. I'm a computer repair tech and about 1/2 of the work I do is through e-mail or over the phone, but I was more referring to this specific instance because Bono was being interviewed on TV, so phones and computers don't apply. I just feel like the image he's trying to create for himself when he's in his humanitarian role is not the image he's actually projecting to the audience.

I guess in general, I'm sick of Bono wearing the shades in ANY of his roles be it rockstar, humanitarian, dad, whatever. He seems to reinvent himself and his image for each album/tour, but somehow the stupid shades are STILL leftover from The Fly and to me it's getting old.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:13 PM   #80
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:13 AM
Brother Hiphop,
You missed the point completely.
The knuckleheads w the money arent as open minded as you.

db9
Old 06-29-2005, 03:24 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Brother Hiphop,
You missed the point completely.
The knuckleheads w the money arent as open minded as you.

db9
weeeelllll if i would critisize one thing it would be his suit. you just don´t wear suits with stripes that extreme. the original style is when you don´t really see the stripes, they have do be in the background.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:27 PM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

and maybe he should close one button of his shirt its not like he is fucking john gotti
Old 06-29-2005, 04:48 PM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars
and maybe he should close one button of his shirt its not like he is fucking john gotti
Old 06-29-2005, 06:58 PM   #84
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:13 AM
Au contraire, he should definitely leave the shirt open.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:15 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherry Darling
Au contraire, he should definitely leave the shirt open.
lol oh yeah just for you probably
Old 06-30-2005, 05:42 AM   #86
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:13 AM

Old 06-30-2005, 05:47 AM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherry Darling

Old 06-30-2005, 08:16 AM   #88
Refugee

Local Time: 09:13 AM
It would have been nice if Bono did clean up just a bit, at least get rid of the shades. They've grown so tiresome. I want to see his blue eyes. They're mesmerizing.

Anyway, looks aside, I thought Bono did a wonderful job. He was articulate, informed, and compassionate. I'm so glad he was interviewed by Tim Russert, a true journalist.

However, I did find the tilting a bit off-putting. Since when is Bono Vincent D'Onofrio from "Law and Order: Criminal Intent?"

Ooh, Bono and Vincent D'Onofrio...
Old 06-30-2005, 10:57 AM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

You are so cool Golightly Grrl...I think Vincent D'Oniofrio is hot too, he is scary hot!!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 01:12 PM   #90
Refugee

Local Time: 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carmelu2fan
You are so cool Golightly Grrl...I think Vincent D'Oniofrio is hot too, he is scary hot!!!!
And today is Mr. D'Onofrio's birthday!