Rate and advise Bono on Meet The Press if you watched it. Add Comments please. - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Rate the effectiveness of Bono's Meet the Press interview.
Bono hit a homerun and convinced many fence sitters 8 21.62%
Bono didn't say anything new but I know his heart is in the right place and I will continue to support the ONE campaign 18 48.65%
Bono did a great job sounded intellegent swayed perhaps a few but should shave, take off his glasses, to penetrate the thick skulled conservatives that still haven't reaalized the AIDS Emergency in Africa 11 29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2005, 04:24 AM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
My point is his appearance needs a bit of polish for maximum effectiveness for those he is trying to sway.
Yes, but the right to be ridiculous is something that Bono holds dear.

I agree with your point - but Bono doesn't work that way. I think he's going to look however his mood suits him.

Old 06-28-2005, 05:17 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:17 AM
I didn't say he looks "bad" I said his usual rough/hard appearance is not very marketable, especially to the audience he's trying to reach when he does these more mainstream interviews. Someone like my mom, my aunt, my grandma - they're going to shut down when they see Bono looking like that b/c they're still getting this loud "rockstar" vibe and will have a hard time getting past that image to see what's really underneath. He's already admitted to basically being a marketing whore, using his celeb status to get some attention, so I don't see why he'd be so opposed to dressing like more appropriately when he's trying to get his point across national TV.

Old 06-28-2005, 05:36 AM   #48
Refugee

He really didn't look that bad. He could have shaved - but otherwise he's pretty cleaned up.

What's wrong with his hair Diamond?

(PS. thanks to Queen Bee for the pic)
Attached Thumbnails
meetthepress17.jpg  
Old 06-28-2005, 06:00 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

It's just so....dark. The glasses are only making his eyes look more tired and his face look heavier, the cover his eyes so then your attention is drawn downwards to his scruffiness or upwards to his forehead...imagine how much more lively and approachable he'd look sans shades and with a nice white or baby blue dress shirt. I dunno, I just prefer to be able to look people in the eye every now and then, especially when they're talking about such serious matters.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:21 AM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:17 PM
He needs aviator shades, they worked wonders for Douglas MacArthur.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:45 AM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BostonAnne

Yes, but the right to be ridiculous is something that Bono holds dear.

I agree with your point - but Bono doesn't work that way. I think he's going to look however his mood suits him.

Ecclesiates 3:1-11

A time and season for everything and in this season there is an emergency going on in Africa.

I want to help him address the emergency in the most effective way means regardless of his mood.

thoughtfully,

db9

p.s.-

LivLuvBootleg is right on target.
Bono needs to stop worrying about the flack he gets from fellow rockstars re his apperance, what polictians he mingles with. Bono needs to play the part of an ambassador a bit better when unswayed millions and
a few unswayed money holders are watching/judging him on the tube.

Its that simple, but sad in a way.
Sad because the money holders judge on appearance, simple because Bono is such an articulate salesman he can turn the tide more effectively and rapidly if he were to tweak his appearence slightly.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:56 AM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

he has such honest and soulful eyes too. I think people would be more drawn in if they could see him looking at them
Old 06-28-2005, 08:16 AM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ShellBeThere
He did seem exhausted though...was it live ( I presume so)? What the hell time was it in Dublin when it's 10:30 EasternTime in the US?!

He did seem tired and less emphatic or smily making these points than he usually does, but I thought it must be because it was 4:30 am for him, or somesuch.
cheers!
If that part of the show was live, then it was only 3:30 in the afternoon in Dublin at the time.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:17 AM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by u2bonogirl
he has such honest and soulful eyes too. I think people would be more drawn in if they could see him looking at them
Agreed, sorry to keep going on about it, but I do wish he'd ditch the shades. From all these business, marketing, and communication classes and projects I've been taking/doing lately, it's just so important to honestly be able to look someone in the eye. The shades make it seem like he's got something to hide or he's afraid of being genuine or something. If you want people to believe you and in a sense, trust you, that's not good.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:19 AM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

the room was dimly lit to begin with. Even with the blue bvlgari shades you can still see his eyes, but THOSE ones
The darkest ones he owns
Who knows, maybe he was piss drunk and didnt want anybody to know it. Thats why he couldnt hold himself up
Old 06-28-2005, 09:28 AM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
and this is exactly what the money handlers need to see.

u2bonogirl,
ppl like you me and fans already know his goodness.
for Bono to effectively proselytize the natives(conseratives) he needs to play the role, cuz they have control of the money that he needs to distrubute.

db9
Old 06-28-2005, 09:49 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

I don't think he needed to say anything new. The people he was trying to reach on Meet the Press are people that probably haven't already signed onto the one campaign. Politicians always repeat the same message everywhere they go. Boring but seems to work for Bush.

I was distacted by the sunglasses I usually like them but he may have done better without them. He did look tired but I think don't think he should change much else. He is a rock star. The one campaign has conservative representatives already. Just my 2 cents
Old 06-28-2005, 09:53 AM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by redkat
The one campaign has conservative representatives already. Just my 2 cents
yes but Bono clearly stated that he actually needed even more money now from a certain bloc of ppl, 'blochead-conseratives' , that were standing in his way..

For him to to this he will need to look a bit more the part, look a bit more approachable and a tiny bit more dapper.

Then he wins.

db9
Old 06-28-2005, 10:46 AM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

OH , that is so true, So true!!!
Old 06-28-2005, 10:49 AM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I know I couldnt say no to him if he.... heh
PLEBA talk