Rapper Snoop Dogg converts to Mormonism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
April Fool's.

These are the same people who pulled the 'Tupac still alive!' prank--note the (fake) country-code domain and the URL on the picture. Also the fine print at the lower left.

Last edited:
The LDS Church hasn't released a statement but it looks like Yolland is right, with a quick Google search.

I do know that you cannot get baptized which is the last process of conversion if you're on parole-so that was a give away in the article.

The picture does look authentic-not photo shopped.

The real CNN Entertaimment page is here:
http://cnnentertainment.co.nr/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/01

The fake one here:

http://cnnentertainment.co.nr/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/01

Lastly stranger things have happened, but this looks to be an April Fools prank, funny to some-but not out of the realm of belief for others.

Sorry Macphisto23.

dbs

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:

Really? :eyebrow: Interesting...

yes, one has to pay their debt to society first, showing full repentance to the best of their ability and then can request baptism.

hence the scripture: repent and be baptized.

part of repentence after turning away from sin is righting the wrong you committed-sometimes that requires completed a prison sentence.

dbs

diamond said:

yes, one has to pay their debt to society first, showing full repentance to the best of their ability and then can request baptism.

hence the scripture: repent and be baptized.

part of repentence after turning away from sin is righting the wrong you committed-sometimes that requires completed a prison sentence.

dbs

So no conversions for lifers, eh?

Dunno but we believe a person can repent in the afterlife unlike Orthodox Christianity-although it's much harder to repent in the afterlife there than it is here.

dbs

from what i've read studying the data of people who passed on and came back the afterlife is either blissful, which is the case for most or agonizing beyond anyone's imagination on earth.

for those that were lucky enough to be sent back from the scary realms of the afterlife-they say it was for them to get their act together here, that it was part of God's plan and grace to get their things right here and are extremely thankful to be back-after having a peek of what they'd have to endure before meeting God.

dbs

Diamond you are on the ball, thanks for setting me straight. I wasn't sure if the article was a april fool's or what.

macphisto23 said:
Diamond you are on the ball, thanks for setting me straight. I wasn't sure if the article was a april fool's or what.

macphisto23-

Another thing it was easy to be fooled by the article at first because after reading the content of it, I'm betting the author was LDS and did it as a joke. Don't beat yourself up over this.

The author knew so much about the Church its idiosyncrasies and pecularities. The first red flag was Snoop quotes which were brilliant.

Another thing that initially sold me is that Snoop's mom is a religious woman and has been after Snoop to change his ways for years.

What tipped me off first was yolland-she's usually right about the veracity of articles. We need to tip our hat to her, I just dug a bit deeper.

Anyway have a great weekend. Are you planning to watch General Conference? My non member wife is excited about it.
She loves Thomas S Monson the new President of the Church.

We live in exciting times.

dbs
:hug:

there are loads of mormons in slovakia. young men in suits and ties go around asking people if they'd like to know more information.
one of them asked if he could take me for coffee so that i could learn more about their religion. i said no, but i'd be willing to take him for coffee to tell him all that's wrong with mormonism.
he said no, and i was genuinely surprised. don't these people love debates?

discussion we love, contention we despise.

When Christ was in the Temple at 12 of age, seperated from his parents, He didn't debate the Ellders but meekly presented what he understood and they were mesmerized.

We're encouraged to take this approach.

dbs

Back
Top Bottom