Rape Is The Weapon Of Choice In Darfur - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2005, 10:59 AM   #16
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Abomb-baby
Oh but I thought the US was supposed to keep out of all the worlds problems? Unless it is genocide or natural disasters(Tsunami) or anything else that a liberal deems righteous enough to use military might.
Wow you are just full of generalizations today...

Old 08-31-2005, 12:52 PM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 09:59 AM
Yep, at least I have the balls to admit it. Others generalize on this forum all the time. but I guess as long as their opinion agrees with yours, it's okay?Bush is a dictator, Bush is a war criminal, Bush is the devil, those aren't generalizations are they?

Old 08-31-2005, 01:00 PM   #18
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yep, at least I have the balls to admit it. Others generalize on this forum all the time. but I guess as long as their opinion agrees with yours, it's okay?Bush is a dictator, Bush is a war criminal, Bush is the devil, those aren't generalizations are they?
No they really aren't generalizations. It might be mislabeling the President, but I wouldn't call them generalizations. By the way I wouldn't use any of those descriptions for Bush except time may tell about "war criminal".

Mislabeling one individual and speaking in complete biased generaliations about a whole group are two entirely different things, but I'm glad you can admit it.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:04 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
There's a difference between giving an opinion about Bush (however misguided or poorly informed) and making broad generalisations about others posters, for example claiming that all liberals hate the military. We try to keep discussions in FYM civil and respectful and making sweeping generalisations about other posters isn't likely to further respectful dialogue.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:11 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:59 AM
there goes another one of my threads

even in a thread talking about RAPE- unbelievable

this subject has nothing to do w/ the US and Bush..cut the crap, please

I just meant one person, I hope it's obvious which one..sorry
Old 08-31-2005, 01:16 PM   #21
The Fly

Who claimed all liberals hate the military? Not me. Its funny how whenever someone doesn't agree with a majority opinion on this forum, a mod has to step in. I guess I'm not drinking enough Kool-Aid. Where were all the protestors during Clinton's Kosovo Campaign? Why is no one in the US protesting these atrocites in Darfur? Why isn't Europe doing something? Why must america always be the one to take care of the world's problems? Germany, France, UK, Spain, where are you?
Old 08-31-2005, 01:22 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

I would assume no one is protesting the atrocities because the media isn't really reporting it, which is extremely unfortunate.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:25 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Who claimed all liberals hate the military? Not me. Its funny how whenever someone doesn't agree with a majority opinion on this forum, a mod has to step in.
You made a generalisation about "liberals" who "loathe the military."

Quote:
most of the people on this forum are liberal and probably loathe the military
The mods are here to ask that people follow the forum rules and conduct themselves in a civilised manner -- whether your politics are left-wing, right-wing or otherwise makes no difference, simply abide by the forum rules and behave respectfully and the mods won't ever have cause to step in.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:30 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:59 PM
Old 08-31-2005, 01:31 PM   #25
The Fly

So which rules did I break? I have been called names in this forum and nothing ever happened to anyone. Because I disagree with someone's accusations, I'm not allowed to defend it? I respect others opinions. You claimed I made a statement claiming all liberals Hated the Military, I did not. Please re-read your post.
It was not my intent to hijack this thread with this crap but when I'm attacked I will reply in kind.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:33 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:59 PM
Quote:
You claimed I made a statement claiming all liberals Hated the Military, I did not.

From another thread......in your own words....."I know most of the people on this forum are liberal and probably loathe the military....."
Old 08-31-2005, 01:37 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:59 AM
Quote:

It was not my intent to hijack this thread with this crap but when I'm attacked I will reply in kind.
I was attempting to talk about women in Darfur being actually attacked, having their souls destroyed by a brutal act. Sorry but your worries about being "attacked" on an internet forum and replying in kind more than pale in comparison, and that's putting it mildly. So can you please stop, fizzing has asked you nicely to. I don't want this thread closed PLEASE
Old 08-31-2005, 01:37 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
So which rules did I break? I have been called names in this forum and nothing ever happened to anyone. Because I disagree with someone's accusations, I'm not allowed to defend it? I respect others opinions. You claimed I made a statement claiming all liberals Hated the Military, I did not. Please re-read your post.
If you feel someone is personally attacking you or calling you names please report it to a moderator - either by using the report post option or by emailing or PMing any of the FYM mods. (We all have email addresses in our signatures so it's easy to contact us.) Responding to inappropriate comments with more inappropriate comments isn't the way to go - let one of the mods know and we'll deal with it.

And on that happy note, let's return this thread to it's original topic. If you want to discuss this any further you're very welcome to email or PM me.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:41 PM   #29
The Fly

I said MOST not ALL and PROBABLY. No, not ALL liberals loathe the military. Enough of this get back to the subject.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:02 PM   #30
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I said MOST not ALL and PROBABLY. No, not ALL liberals loathe the military. Enough of this get back to the subject.
So if I said most conservatives are ignorant, it would be fine since I didn't say all? Give me a break.

I fucking hate this place sometimes.