Ranting bigot in new hate speech controversy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
Jesse Jackson reportedly also used n-word in off-air gaffe - CNN.com

Jesse Jackson reportedly also used n-word in off-air gaffeStory Highlights
Rev. Jesse Jackson used the n-word during commercial break, Fox says

N-word uttered in reference to black people during an off-air moment last week

Jackson apologized last week for making other distasteful remarks about Obama

Next Article in Politics »

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- The Rev. Jesse Jackson used the N-word during a break in a TV interview where he criticized presidential candidate Barack Obama, Fox News confirmed Wednesday.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson apologized to Sen. Obama's campaign last week over "hurtful" remarks.

The longtime civil rights leader already came under fire this month for crude off-air comments he made against Obama in what he thought was a private conversation during a taping of a "Fox & Friends" news show.

In additional comments from that same conversation, first reported by TVNewser, Jackson is reported to have said Obama was "talking down to black people," and referred to blacks with the N-word when he said Obama was telling them "how to behave."

Surprise, surprise.

Pure Uncle Tom territory.

No, hold on, he's on the LEFT.

So he can't be an Uncle Tom, of course.

^

Do you want to get a debate here, because I don't see how that's constructive. You seem like you want to goad people more than anything.

As for what I think - I guess I find it interesting that initially when this story got out, this part didn't. I saw the video on the evening news and thinking back to it, I guess they edited that part out. Except it wasn't that they edited it for fear of offending, but did tell the whole story. Since it seems like Fox is now confirming the story, I'd assume they are the ones who withheld the full account initially as all the other networks just got the video from them. I wonder why.

actually, it's more about him trying to get attention for himself. he's losing relevance... i think, anyway.

So we are supposed to get that Jesse Jackson is a loose cannon, right?

Duh. If you don't already know that you must be living under a mighty big rock.

Back
Top Bottom