Ramsay Clark trying to impeach Bush - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2003, 05:52 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:38 PM
Ramsay Clark trying to impeach Bush

From the DRUDGE REPORT:

Meeting Assembled By Conyers Mulls Seeking Bush's Impeachment Over Iraq
Thu Mar 13 2003 10:30:03 ET

House Judiciary ranking member John Conyers (D-Mich.) assembled more than two-dozen prominent liberal attorneys and legal scholars on Tuesday to mull over articles of impeachment drafted against President Bush by activists seeking to block military action against Saddam Hussein. ROLL CALL is reporting on Thursday.

MORE

The two-hour session, which featured former attorney general-turned-activist Ramsey Clark, took place in the downtown office of a prominent Washington tort lawyer. Participants said Conyers, who hosted the meeting, was the only Member of Congress to attend. 'We had a pretty frank discussion about putting in a bill of impeachment against President Bush,' said Francis Boyle, an Illinois law professor who has been working on the impeachment language with Clark.

Developing...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could not resist posting this.

Old 03-13-2003, 05:57 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

http://votetoimpeach.org/

Old 03-13-2003, 06:18 PM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 09:38 PM
In the early 70s people laughed when they filed impeachment papers on Nixon.

Bush is probably more deserving of impeachment than Clinton was.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:35 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:38 PM
It was bound to happen.....
Old 03-13-2003, 06:52 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

omg how lame.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:58 PM   #6
War Child

I signed my support a couple of weeks ago. I read just the other day an article detailing how there is actually a kind of growing, yet silent support for this impeachment by many in Congress. Many congressmen are supporting the effort, but because of the new political galug that is Congress these days, they are understandably quiet about the matter. Nonetheless, there is a serious effort underway. I will try to dig up that article and post it if I find it again.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:40 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep in HELL
Bush is probably more deserving of impeachment than Clinton was.
Agree.

Impeaching Bush would be a dream come true for me...

Angela
Old 03-13-2003, 07:47 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

yeah that's what our already unstable country needs right now. an impeachment.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:50 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Sometimes it is a lot safer if you take the car keys away.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:54 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

and sometimes it's less safer to change drivers in the middle of the ride.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:01 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:38 AM
When they´re drunk, its better to get some other drivers though. After all, everyone might end in a car crash.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:35 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Bush has overstepped his bounds many times, and his lack of respect for the separation of powers written in the Constitution is blatantly obvious. Considering the utter stupidity that brought impeachment for Clinton, I think this is a far better application for this process.

However, I think it is a fat chance in hell that Bush will actually be found guilty. We all know it is a partisan tool anyway.

Melon
Old 03-14-2003, 03:25 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Flower
and sometimes it's less safer to change drivers in the middle of the ride.
SF,

Because I have been around longer than most here I have personal recollections of historical events.

In 72 one of Dick Nixon's campaign slogans was "Don't change horses midstream". His opponents revised it to "Don't change dicks in the middle of a scr*w"
Old 03-14-2003, 05:44 PM   #14
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars
When they´re drunk, its better to get some other drivers though. After all, everyone might end in a car crash.
Yeah Bush doesn't have quite the clean record with drunk driving, symbolism aside. But I do wonder what Freud would have to say about this lol.

Bush DUI
What Drinking Will Do (QuickTime)

And! He's in good company!

Cheney DWI 1
Cheney DWI 2
Old 03-14-2003, 05:58 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

there are many who said Hillary Clinton killed Vince Foster.

There was no evidence to support this.

Sadly the evidence for W's wife is there.

(Speaking of slamming the door shut on possibly damaging information – several newspapers broke a story in March about Laura Bush which involved vehicular manslaughter. Apparently, back in 1963, then seventeen-year-old Laura was driving her Chevrolet sedan and ran a stop sign, killing another seventeen-year old [he was thrown from his doorless Jeep]. The Bush camp thwarted the Freedom of Information Act by making the particulars of the story “unavailable.” Further, they said, this “unfortunate” incident happened thirty-seven years ago and should have no bearing on the person Laura Bush is today. Oh yeah, causing another person’s death – even thirty-plus years ago should no longer be blip on anyone’s radar. Somehow, I don’t think the boy’s parents have ever gotten over the tragedy as well as Laura has. My point is, however, that should Hillary Rodham Clinton have had something of this kind in her past, do you think the Republicans would be as…forgiving? No, I think we’d still be hearing about it – all eight years’ worth.)

Quote:
Laura Bush ran stop sign in 1963 fatal accident
JIM VERTUNO
Associated Press
AUSTIN, Texas ---- Details in a 1963 accident report say that Laura Bush, then 17, ran a stop sign in the Texas crash that killed a friend in another car. The report, adding information to previous reports of the crash, was released to The Associated Press on Wednesday.
Bush now is the wife of Republican presidential nominee-to-be George W. Bush, the Texas governor.

"It was a very tragic accident that deeply affected the families and was very painful for all involved, including the community at large," said Laura Bush's spokesman, Andrew Malcolm. "To this day, Mrs. Bush remains unable to talk about it."

She did say in March, when asked at a campaign stop about the crash, "I know this as an adult, and even more as a parent, it was crushing ... for the family involved and for me as well."

There had been published accounts of the accident, but city officials had declined to release the records because those involved were under 18. The police report was released Wednesday in response to an open-records request that was submitted to Midland officials in March.

According to the two-page accident report, Laura Welch was driving her Chevrolet sedan on a clear night shortly after 8 p.m. on Nov. 6, 1963, when she drove into an intersection and struck a Corvair sedan driven by 17-year-old Michael Douglas.

Although previous news accounts have reported Douglas was thrown from the car and broke his neck, those details were not in the report.

The speed of Laura Bush's car was illegible on the report. The speed limit for the road was 55.

Laura Bush and her passenger, Judy Dykes, also 17, were taken to a hospital and treated for minor injuries, according to an accident account printed at the time in the Midland Reporter-Telegram.

The police report indicates no charges were filed. That section of the report was left blank.

"As far as we know, no charges were filed," said Midland city attorney Keith Stretcher.