Ramsay Clark trying to impeach Bush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dread,

I expected some strong reactions to my post. What possessed me? Well, I will try and explain my thinking when I posted it.

I remember the Nixon impeachment proceedings that lead to his resignation and the Clinton impeachment that lead to the senate not removing him from office. I was 17 when Nixon was elected to his second term. I was raised in a political environment that was very conservative. I remember arguing with co-workers and fellow students at the time about Nixon. I said he was a devout religious man (Quaker) and these accusations were false, planted by liberal Nixon haters. Having sex in the Oval office, was not the controversy then. It was cursing up a blue streak, using filthy language in the sacred Whitehouse, which stunned his followers. When the tapes were released it was difficult for his supporters to continue on.

I had a similar experience supporting Reagan in the 80?s. That he would trade arms to the Ayhatolla in Iran, had to be liberal lies. Like Nixon he came on TV, looked the American people in the eye and said it was not true. I believed Reagan and defended him. Well, again I was let down. Many in the Republican party thought it would lead to his impeachment, (Iran-Contra hearings).

Skip ahead to the 90s. Clinton said he did not have sex with Monica. Did I believe him? Well, I did not care and did not argue either way. However his followers, even his closest advisors did believe him. I could relate to their feeling of disappointment when I would see them on TV after they had they defended him.

What I learned with Nixon and Reagan is that blind allegiance can lead to disenchantment with our political system. Many Democrats learned this Clinton. My life experience has taught me to be skeptical and not except everything that is presented to me by a politician I may have supported.

Back to my post. I believe Laura Bush has tremendous remorse concerning this tragic event. When Bush was Governor of Texas he supported laws to try juveniles as adults. The double standard takes credibility from GW Bush. The appearance is that W, Cheney and Laura Bush got preferential treatment for their serious offenses. Of course this goes both ways. I believe William Kennedy Smith got acquitted of rape because of his status.

Hillary was accused of being connected to Foster?s death without any evidence by many on the right.
Have any of you even ever heard about the Laura Bush manslaughter incident?

Concerning impeachment: if Nixon had the Patriot Act and other powers the Administration now posesses he would never have had to resign. There would have been no cover up, because he would have been able to wire tap and eavesdrop under the guise of homeland security.

If Clinton had the powers ceded, or usurped by GW he would never have been impeached. Clinton would have heard Lucianne Goldberg handling Linda Tripp and advising her to save the dress.

As I stated previously, every impeachment process began with people saying how absurd it was. Do I buy R. Clarks arguments? Most of them, no.

elfyx said:

I am genuinely concerned, aside from politcs -there are actually several republican issues I agree with- but I can not personally sit aside and be silent about what I have reasoned, researched, analyzed, think and feel. To do otherwise, would be a disservice to myself and my country.

Thank you:hug: :sexywink:

Exactly. I see Bush as a real threat to the peace and prosperity of the future of the US.
Everything I read points to a subverted reasoning among his cabinent and the advice he is given. For one, why would a modern, unifying President appoint such a rightest, hawkish cabinent. I'd rather have Barbra :censored: in the Lincoln bedroom, than be so marinated in oil.

So basically, Laura Bush has nothing to do with impeachement.

I am sorry for my personal attack.

However, the post itself is inappropriate for this thread. It has nothing to do with the topic, nor with the charges as detailed above from the original article.

Dread,

Apology accepted, no big deal.

These threads do tend to vary from the topic often. It is fair for you to request to get back on point.
I admit there is no connection to the Laura Bush incident and any impeachment of Bush,

I do hope my other remarks concerning my personal perspectives about impeachment are ok.

I did respond (briefly, lol) regarding R. Clark?s charges.

What is amazing to me is being able to remember Watergate. I was born in 1968 and I guess I had a interest in politics then too. I remember watching Vietnam and Watergate on TV.

There was so much political discussion in my house my fist memory is the 1960 election, I was five years old. I remember looking out the window and seeing young girls peeling off the Nixon stickers from my dad's car. He told me thats ok, they are probably Catholic, they don't know any better.

On point, most of R. Clarks charges are laughable.:wink:

LOL. You are fortunate to remember that far back.
I remeber the day of Kennedy's assasin. I was a toddler, but the day is in my memeory because it is the first time I saw my mother cry.
I think I laughed and tried to cheer her up.
The other incidents have been burned on my memory. We watched the Watergate hearings in school and the Iran-contra after school.
I'm sick to death of the Clinton shit. Move on people. That doesn't counteract the stupidity of the present administration.

Back
Top Bottom