Ralph Nader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Danospano said:
As of 3/5/04....

I just read a poll that said if the election were held today Bush would get 45%, Kerry 44% and Nader 6%.

It amazing that people are still standing up for Nader after the amount of press we've seen scandalize his name. I think it's great to see so many millions of Americans are still unsatisfied with Washington and are sticking to their guns, but I don't want another 4 deleterious years of the Bush Administration.

This is assuming that Nader is on a fair number of ballots. Since he's not running on the Green ticket, he's going to have a hell of a time getting on the ballots. Florida is one of the hardest states to get an independent on the ballot. The main reason Eugene McCarthy didn't really hurt Carter in 1976 was that he was on so few state ballots. A partisan lawsuit that kept him off of the New York state ballot was good for the Democrats as New York was a real battleground state that year.

I don't think that negative press coverage will have much affect on the number of people that vote for Nader, because it would be my guess that most people who would vote for Nader don't put much importance on what the mainstream media has to say anyway.

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I don't think that negative press coverage will have much affect on the number of people that vote for Nader, because it would be my guess that most people who would vote for Nader don't put much importance on what the mainstream media has to say anyway.

They don't. They get most of their news from independent lefty publications and web sites. Nader's campaign has a web site. So does the Green Party. The Greens are actually holding primaries simultaneously with the two major parties. A guy whom I've never heard of in my life is leading in the delegate count; I do know something about the guy who's currently running second, Peter Camejo. He's been in leftist politics for a long time. He's not exactly a household name, however. Some Greens are writing in Nader anyway, but he's running only fourth in the voting so far. He hasn't won a single state. The Green Party candidate is already on 24 state ballots because of 2000 and 2002 percentages. These same states were also already on the ballot for the Greens in 2000. So conceivably the hard-core leftist vote will be split or just go to the Green Party candidate because he or she will be on more ballots. I think Nader would be more of a threat if he ran on the Green Party ticket because of the ballot thing. But I don't think that'll happen now because he's pissed off the Greens in alot of ways. It doesn't help that he's refusing to run on their ticket, leaving them to run a candidate with no name recognition. I know who Peter Camejo is but most people are not going to have a clue if he's the nominee.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people in california know who peter camejo (well at least the ones who watched the ca gubenatorial debate) is because he ran for governer and was in the televised debates. I doubt that many people outside of california know him though, i had no idea who he was before.

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I think a lot of people in california know who peter camejo (well at least the ones who watched the ca gubenatorial debate) is because he ran for governer and was in the televised debates. I doubt that many people outside of california know him though, i had no idea who he was before.

Camejo's been around. He has quite a story. Personally I would not vote for the guy. He has some major skeletons in his closet.

Back
Top Bottom