R.I.P. For The Departed Souls Of 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
My fourth annual thread. I guess I'm starting it a bit early this year. This is the longest list I've ever done for one of these. In years' past, I had found a long list of all deceased celebrities from whichever year, and then I'd weed throught it and pick out the 20-30 or so best known, but I just felt that it was silly to ignore all of the other celebrity deaths just because they were lesser known, or from another era that the younger of us(including myself) may not be so familiar with, so I've decided to include all 165 names on the list I used this year, plus I even added one more that failed(inexplicably) to make the list(Joe Nuxhall). Because the list is that much lengthier this year, I've underlined the 'big' names for efficiency(if you don't want to read through the whole list or something). In chronological order of death, here it goes...

For The Departed Souls Of 2007:

Del Reeves - Grand Ol' Opry member and classic country music legend
Yvonne de Carlo - Actress best known for her role as Lily Munster in "The Munsters"
Ray Beck - Former professional football player for the New York Giants
Michael Brecker - Grammy-wining saxophonist
Darlene Conley - actress, best known for her long-time role on the CBS soap "The Bold And The Beautiful"
Ron Carey - comic character actor, best known for his role in "Barney Miller"
Art Buchwald - columnist and political satirist
Denny Doherty - Pop/rock legend, former founding member of the Mamas and the Papas
Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow - professional wrestler
Vern Ruhle - former New York Mets pitching coach
E. Howard Hunt - Watergate burglar, former CIA operative
David "Disco D" Shayman - hip hop producer
Tige Andrews - television actor, best known for his role as Capt. Adam Greer in "The Mod Squad"
Marcheline Bertrand - mother of actress Angelina Jolie
Vaugn P. "Bing" Devine - former New York Mets an St. Louis Cardinals general manager
Art Fowler - former New York Yankees pitching coach
Barbaro - 2006 Kentucky Derby-winning horse
Sidney Sheldon - author, broadway playwright, and tv producer(Patty Duke Show, I Dream Of Jeanie, Hart to Hart)
Molly Ivins - liberal columnist, author
Lee Bergere - actor, best known for his roles in "Dynasty" and "Falcon Crest", as wellas Abraham Lincoln in a 1969 episode of "Star Trek"
Billy Henderson - member of the 70s soul group "The Spinners"
Barbera McNair - actress, singer
Frankie Laine - singer
Anna Nicole Smith - spokesmodel, sociallite, playboy playmate, actress
Ian Richardson - British actor
Walker Edmiston - actor and voice-over artist, best known for being the voice of Ernie the Keebler Elf in Keebler commercials
Ray Evans - songwriter, one-halfof the team(with Jay Livingston) that wrote hits "Buttons and Bows", "Mona Lisa", "Que Sera Sera", "Silver Bells", and theme songs for "Bonanza" and "Mr. Ed"
Ernest and Julio Gallo - co-founders of the E&J Gallow Winery
Mary Kaye - rock and roll singer - one of the pioneers of the Vegas lounge scene
Daniel McDonald - Actor best known for his roles on Sex and the City, CSI Miami, and Broadway's 'Mama Mia'
Siegfried Landau - founder of the Brooklyn Philharmonic
Herman Brix - silver medal-winning Olympic shot-putter
Mark Spoelstra - folk singer, Greenwich Village mainstay
Arthur Schlesinger Jr. - author, historian
Thomas Eagleton - former U.S. Senator and 1972 Vice Presidential nominee
Brad Delp - rock musician, lead vocalist of 'Boston'
Richard Jeni - stand-up comedian, actor
Betty Hutton - actress, singer
Bowie Kuhn - former Major League Baseball commissioner
Stuart Rosenberg - director, best known for "Cool Hand Luke", "Brubaker", "Amityville Horror", and the "Twilight Zone" series
Larry 'Bud' Melman - actor/comedian famous from appearing on David Letterman's late night programs
Edward Mallory - actor, 1960s/70s soap opera star
Johnny Hart - cartoonist, created the strip "B.C." and co-created the stip "Wizard of Id"
Barry Nelson - actor, first person to play James Bond on screen
Roscoe Lee Browne - actor, famous for his deep voice
Kurt Vonnegut - author
Don Ho - singer
Kitty Carlisle Hart - actress, TV personality
David Halbertam - author
Boris Yeltsin - first president of the post-Soviet Russia
Bobby Pickett - Disc Jokey, one-hit wonder with "Monster Mash"
Jack Valenti - long-time head of the MPAA - Motion Picture Association of America
Dabbs Greer - character actor
Tommy Newsom - saxophonist, substitute conductor/member of the NBC Orchestra on "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson"
Tom Poston - actor, best known as handyman George Utley on "Newhart"
Gordon Scott - actor, best known for playing the title role in five "Tarzan" films in the 1950s.
Zola Taylor - member of early rock group "The Platters"
Wally Schirra - Gemini and Apollo astronaut
Yahweh ben Yahweh - cult leader
Jerry Falwell - famous and largely polarizing televangelist
Yolanda King - eldest child of the late great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Coretta Scott King
Carl Wright - actor, dancer
Charles Nelson Reilly - TV comedian, best known for "Match Game"
Gretchen Wyler - Broadway actress
Steve Gillard - political blog pioneer, influential left-wing voice in the blogosphere
Clete Boyer - former professional baseball player, Yankees third-basemen in the 60s
Frankie Abernathy - costar of MTV's "Real World San Diego"
Mala Powers - actress
Don Herbert - TV's "Mr Wizard"
Ruth Grahm - wife of Rev. Billy Grahm
Kurt Waldheim - former secretary general of the United Nations, 9th president of Austria
Claudia Cohen - famous sociallite in Manhattan and the Hamptons
Bob Evans - founder of the "Bob Evans" restaurant chain
Chris Benoit - professional wrestler
Liz Claiborne- legendary fashion designer
Leo Burmester - veteran character actor
Joel Siegel - famed film-critic, well known as the in-show film-critic for ABC's "Good Morning America"
Beverly Sills - soprano, one of the best known opera performers ever
Boots Randolph - country saxophonist
Bill Pinkney - last original member of the "The Drifters"
Kervin Matthews - actor, best known for the title role of "The Seventh Voyage Of Sinbad"
Charles Lane - actor
Doug Marlette - Pulitzer Prize-winning cartoonist
Lady Bird Johnson - wife of President Lyndon Johnson
Jerry Hadley - world-renowned operatic tenor
Tammy Faye Bakker Messner - evangelist, Christian singer, talk show host, TV personality, entrepreneur
Michael Serrault - actor, best known for his role in "La Cage aux Folles"(The original "The Bird Cage")
Tom Snyder - legendary TV host
Ingmar Bergman - famed Swedish director, often cited as one of the greatest film diirectors to ever make a film
Bill Walsh - former NFL and NCAA coach, best known for popularizing the "West Coast Offense"
Michelangelo Antonioni - famed Italian director, said to be one of the most influential art film directors ever
James T. Callahan - prolific character actor, best known for playing the grandfather in "Charles In Charge"
Merv Griffen - legendary TV host, game show producer, and entreperneur
Brian "Crush" Adams - professional wrestler
Brooke Astor - New York City philanthropist
Max Roach - famous jazz drummer
Phil Rizzuto - legendary Yankee shortstop and broadcaster
Michael Deaver - President Reagan's first term deputy chief of staff, said tobe a "masterful media manipulator"
Leona Helmsley - billionaire hotelier, so-called "Queen of Mean"
Robert Symonds - accomplished Lincoln Center stage actor and director
Aaron Russo - film producer, known for "The Rose", "Trading Places"
Miyoshi Umeki - actress, best known for her academy award winning role in "Sayonara"
Dr. James Kennedy - televangelist
Richard Jewell - known for being falsely accused of the 1996 Atlanta park bombing during the 1996 Olympics, and getting hundreds of thousands of dollars for it
Janis Martin - rock and roll pioneer
Steve Ryan - accomplished character actor
Seth Tobias - Hedge fund manager and CNBC commentator
Luciano Pavarotti - legendary tenor, one of the greatest to ever live
Jane Wyman - actress, best known for her academy award winning performance in "Johnny Belinda", and was the first wife of President Ronald Reagan
Brett Somers - actress, comedienne, best known as a game show panelist on "Match Game"
Alice Ghostley - tony-award winning actress
Admiral William J. Crowe - Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff for President Ronald Reagan during his second term, was later ambassador to the United Kingdom under President Bill Clinton
Rex Humbard - televangelist
Karl Hardman - actor and producer, best known for producing "Night Of The Living Dead"
Marcel Marceau - said to be the greatest mime to ever live
Evelyn Knight - singer
Lois Maxwell - actress, best known for being the original Miss Monneypenny in early James Bond films
Al Oerter - four-time olympic champion discus thrower
George Grizzard - tony-award winning actor
Big Moe - rapper
Sigrid Valdis - actress, best known for her role as Col. Klink's secretary in "Hogan's Heroes"
Deborah Kerr - actress, best known for her role in "From Here To Eternity", recieved six Oscar nominations but never won
Joey Bishop - entertainer, last member of the Rat Pack
Teresa Brewer - singer
Max McGee - legendary Green Bay Packers wide reciever, caught the first touchdown pass in Super Bowl history(the Packers defeated the Kansas City Chiefs)
Porter Wagoner - country music singer, better known for launching Dolly Parton's career on his "The Porter Wagoner Show"
Thomas Joseph Meskill - former governer of Connecticut
Robert Goulet - singer and actor, best known for his role as Lancelot in the 1960 Broadway production of "Camelot", also known for mangling the words to the Star-Spangled Banner" before a Muhammad Ali-Sonny Liston prize fight
U.S. Army Air Corps Col. Paul Tibbets - was at the controls of the B-29 bomber "Enola Gay", named after his mother, dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima
Ryan Shay - long distance runner
Peter Viertel - author, screenwriter, best-known for writing "White Hunter Black Heart", a novel about his experiences that was eventually made into a film by Clint Eastwood
George Osmond - Osmond family patriarch
Hank Thompson - country singer famous for developing the country music sub-genre called "honkey tonk swing"
Laraine Day - actress, best known as the "First Lady Of Baseball" in New York when she did a TV program interviewing players' wives when she was married to New York Giants manager Leo Durocher
Norman Mailer - one of the greatest American authors of all time
Donda West - mother of hip-hop superstar Kanye West
Delbert Mann - famed television and film director
Dick Nolan - former professional football player with the New York Giants and coach of the San Francisco 49ers and New Orleans Saints
Ira Levin - author, best known for "Rosemary's Baby", "Stepford Wives"
Ronnie Burns - George Burns' and Gracie Allen's adopted son
Joe Nuxhall - former professional baseball player for the Cincinnati Reds, legendary broadcaster for the Reds
Kevin DuBrow - lead singer of rock band Quiet Riot
Air Force Lt. Milo Radulovich - falsely accused of being a Communist sympathizer and stripped of his commission, his case marked the beginning of the end of McCarthyist tactic and anti-Communist witch hunts
Dick Wilson - actor, best known for his role as "Mr Whipple" in Charmin bathroom tissue commercials, "Please don't squeeze the Charmin!"
Henrietta Valor - Broadway actress
William A. O'Neill - former governer of Connecticut
Dr. Robert Cade - invented Gatorade
Sean Taylor - professional football player, Washington Redskins saftey
Henry Hyde - former U.S. Representative, was one of the most powerful members of Congress, chairman of the House Judiciary Committe, and presided over the hearings that led to President Clinton's impeachment
Roger B. Smith - former chairman and CEO of General Motors, subject of Michael Moore's 1989 film "Roger & Me"
Robert "Evel" Knievel - legendary motorcycle daredevil
Chad "Pimp C" Butler - rapper
Roger King - CEO of CBS Television Distribution, recognized as the king of TV syndication, founder of King World Productions(acquired by CBS in 2000)
Ike Turner - rock musician who is better known as Tina Turner's abusive first husband
Floyd Red Crow Waterman - actor and musician
Clarence Marshall - former New York Yankees pitcher
Dan Fogelberg - singer, songwriter, musician
Jack Linkletter - TV host, motivation speaker, son of legendary TV personality Art Linkletter
Frank Capra Jr. - son of legendary Italian American "It's A Wonder Life" and "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" film director Frank Capra Sr., president of EUE Screen Gems Studios
Tommy "Wild Bill" Byrne - former New York Yankees pitcher
Michael Kidd - five-time Tony Award-winning stage and film choreographer
Oscar Peterson - legendary jazz pianest, "Maharajah of the keyboard"
Stu Nahan - Los Angeles sportscaster, best known for interviewing Jeff Spicoli in the dream sequence in "Fast Times At Ridgement High" and his appearances in all six "Rocky" films
Benazir Bhutto - Pakastani opposition leader and former prime minister

Every soldier to lose his or her life in Iraq and/or its surrounding countries this year.

Everyone else who departed Earth in 2007.

[size=+1]Rest In Peace[/size], in 2008 and beyond [size=+4]R.I.P.
Sleep, Sleep Tonight, And May Your Dreams Be Realized
[/size]

Last edited:
Thank you for doing this. I'm sure that people will let you know of other "important" names that should have been underlined, so here's mine: Kurt Vonnegut.

Health, happiness, and peace to everyone in the new year.

Back
Top Bottom