R.I.P. For The Departed Souls Of 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
For The Departed Souls Of 2005:

Johnny Carson - Legendary 'Tonight Show' host, regarded as the greatest late night talk show host of all time.
Ossie Davis - Actor and Playwright, best known for writing and starring in the play 'Purlie Victorious'.
Arthur Miller - Playwright, best known for 'Death Of A Salesmean' and 'The Crucible'.
Sandra Dee - Actress, best known for her role as Gidget in 'Gidget'.
Terri Schiavo - Comatose woman at the center of a political battle over euthanasia.
Johnnie Cochran - Lawyer who gained fame and notoriety when he defended O.J. Simpson in his murder trial in 1995.
Pope John Paul II Karol Wojtyla - 265th Pope.
Prince Ranier III of Monaco - Prince. of Monaco.
Anne Bancroft - Actress, best known for her role as Mrs. Robinson in 'The Graduate'.
Luther Vandross - Musician/Singer.
James Doohan - Actor, best known for his role as Scotty on 'Star Trek'.
Peter Jennings - Iconic ABC News anchor.
Barbara Bel Geddes - Actress, best known for her role as Miss Ellie Ewing on the long-running TV show, 'Dallas'.
Bob Denver - Actor, best known for his role as Gilligan on 'Gilligan's Island'.
William H. Rehnquist - long time Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court.
Rosa Parks - Mother of the 60s Civil Rights Movement.
Noriyuki 'Pat' Morita - Actor, best known for his role as 'Mr. Miyagi' in the Karate Kid movies.
Richard Pryor - Legendary and hugely influential comedian.
John Spencer - Actor, best known for his roles as Leo McGarry on 'The West Wing' and Tommy Mullaney on 'L.A. Law".

Every soldier to lose his or her life in Iraq and/or its surrounding countries this year

All victims of Hurricane Katrina and all other hurricanes that have hit this year.

Everyone else who departed Earth in 2005

Rest In Peace, in 2006 and beyond R.I.P.
Sleep, Sleep Tonight, And May Your Dreams Be Realized

Thanks for this. A very nice way to be reminded of those we unfortunately lost this year and to take a moment to remember them. I usually do this on New Year's.

Amen......

To that list I would like to add the name of one of the most well-known "unknown" actors in Hollywood - Victor Schiavelli.

For those of you who don't know, Victor Schiavelli was one of Hollywood's best character actors with parts in "Ghost" (he was the ghost on the subway with Patrick Swayze), "Amadeus" (he was Sallieri's caretaker at the very beginning of the film when he's holding a candelabra and trying to coax him out of his room with cakes), and "The Frisco Kid" (he was one of the monks who took a vow of silence and then ends up laughing hysterically at the table)....among others.

Victor was one of those actors that you look at and think "Gee, where have I seen him before??". He was a good actor and will be sorely missed.

Good to see Rosa Parks in that list....legendary woman.

Also good to see Kerry Packer being omitted from recieving a special mention...a very greedy and ignorant man who did nothing to earn his power and fortune.

intedomine said:
Good to see Rosa Parks in that list....legendary woman.

Also good to see Kerry Packer being omitted from recieving a special mention...a very greedy and ignorant man who did nothing to earn his power and fortune.

I'd debate that, but I don't think this is the thread for it...

My prayers for all the people listed above.

Special thoughts go to the French boys killed in the Paris suburbs, to the Sudanese immigrants killed in Egypt a couple of days ago and to all immigrants that died while trying to reach a "promise land".

Back
Top Bottom