Quotes from Osama Bin Laden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macfistowannabe

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Well, here it goes. Probably a perspective you don't see every day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: http://www.usvetdsp.com/osam_qts.htm

Quotes from Osama bin Laden:

"We should fully understand our religion. Fighting is a part of our religion and our Sharia [an Islamic legal code]. Those who love God and his Prophet and this religion cannot deny that. Whoever denies even a minor tenet of our religion commits the gravest sin in Islam."

"Hostility toward America is a religious duty, and we hope to be rewarded for it by God . . . . I am confident that Muslims will be able to end the legend of the so-called superpower that is America. Time Magazine

"The pieces of the bodies of infidels were flying like dust particles. If you would have seen it with your own eyes, you would have been very pleased, and your heart would have been filled with joy." -- At the wedding of his son in southern Kandahar about the 17 sailors who died suicide bombing of the USS Cole off the coast of Yemen

"Every American man is an enemy to us." -- Independent.

" . . . It is far better for anyone to kill a single American soldier than to squander his efforts on other activities." -- May 1998

"We--with God's help--call on every Muslim who believes in God and wishes to be rewarded to comply with God's order to kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it. We also call on Muslim ulema, leaders, youths, and soldiers to launch the raid on Satan's U.S. troops and the devil's supporters allying with them, and to displace those who are behind them so that they may learn a lesson." Feb. 1998 - Bin Laden edict

``We are seeking to incite the (Islamic) nation to rise up to liberate its land and to (conduct) jihad (holy war) for the sake of God." -- al-Jazeera, June 1999.

"`I was never afraid of death ... As Muslims, we believe that when we die, we go to heaven. Before a battle, God sends us ... tranquility." -- Independent, 1993.

"I'm fighting so I can die a martyr and go to heaven to meet God. Our fight now is against the Americans." -- Osama bin Laden, quoted by Al-Quds Al-Arabi newspaper

"We declared jihad against the US government, because the US government is unjust, criminal and tyrannical. It has committed acts that are extremely unjust, hideous and criminal whether directly or through its support of the Israeli occupation." - Osama bin Laden - to CNN in March 1997

" . . . For the American forces to expect anything from me personally reflects a very narrow perception. Thousands of millions of Muslims are angry. The Americans should expect reactions from the Muslim world that are proportionate to the injustice they inflict." to Time Magazine Dec 1998

Responding to the question "are you trying to acquire chemical and nuclear weapons?"

"Acquiring weapons for the defense of Muslims is a religious duty. If I have indeed acquired these weapons, then I thank God for enabling me to do so. And if I seek to acquire these weapons, I am carrying out a duty. It would be a sin for Muslims not to try to possess the weapons that would prevent the infidels from inflicting harm on Muslims." Time Magazine Dec 1998

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found a few other ones. These are from http://www.allgreatquotes.com/osama_binladen_quotes.shtml

"A reaction might take place as a result of the US government's hitting Muslim civilians and executing more than 600,000 Muslim children in Iraq by preventing food and medicine from reaching them. So, the US is responsible for any reaction, because it extended its war against troops to civilians."

Osama bin Laden
CNN interview 1997

"As for their accusations of terrorizing the innocent, the children, and the women, these are in the category of 'accusing others with their own affliction in order to fool the masses.' The evidence overwhelmingly shows America and Israel killing the weaker men, women and children in the Muslim world and elsewhere. A few examples of this are seen in the recent Qana massacre in Lebanon, and the death of more than 600,000 Iraqi children because of the shortage of food and medicine which resulted from the boycotts and sanctions against the Muslim Iraqi people, also their withholding of arms from the Muslims of Bosnia-Herzegovina leaving them prey to the Christian Serbians who massacred and raped in a manner not seen in contemporary history. Not to forget the dropping of the H-bombs on cities with their entire populations of children, elderly, and women, on purpose, and in a premeditated manner as was the case with Hiroshima and Nagasaki."

Osama bin Laden
In Nida'ul Islam magazine October-November 1996

"God knows it did not cross our minds to attack the towers but after the situation became unbearable and we witnessed the injustice and tyranny of the American-Israeli alliance against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, I thought about it. And the events that affected me directly were that of 1982 and the events that followed -- when America allowed the Israelis to invade Lebanon, helped by the U.S. Sixth Fleet. As I watched the destroyed towers in Lebanon, it occurred to me punish the unjust the same way (and) to destroy towers in America so it could taste some of what we are tasting and to stop killing our children and women."

Osama bin Laden
Admitting responsibility for attacks on US on September 11, 2001, on videotape shown on Al Jazeera, October 29, 2004

"I have benefited so greatly from the jihad in Afghanistan that it would have been impossible for me to gain such a benefit from any other chance and this cannot be measured by tens of years but rather more than that. Praise and gratitude be to God. We saw the brutality of the Russians bombing Mujaheddins' positions, by grace of God, we dug a good number of huge tunnels and built in them some storage places and in some others we built a hospital. So our experience in this jihad was great, by the grace of God, praise and glory be to Him, and the most of what we benefited from was that the myth of the superpower was destroyed not only in my mind but also in the minds of all Muslims. Slumber and fatigue vanished and so was the terror which the U.S. would use in its media by attributing itself superpower status or which the Soviet Union used by attributing itself as a superpower."

Osama bin Laden
CNN interview 1997

"If the American government is serious about avoiding explosions inside the U.S., then let it stop provoking the feelings of 1,250 million Muslims."

Osama bin Laden
CNN interview 1997

"In our religion, there is a special place in the hereafter for those who participate in jihad."

Osama bin Laden
In Time magazine May 6, 1996

"To kill the Americans and their allies -- civilians and military -- is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque [Jerusalem] and the holy mosque [Mecca] from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim."

Osama bin Laden
In Fatwa entitled Jihad Against Jews and Crusaders World Islamic Front Statement, February 28, 1998

"We believe that the biggest thieves in the world are Americans and the biggest terrorists on earth are the Americans."

Osama bin Laden
On ABC's Nightline, June 10, 1998

"We, God willing, will continue to fight you and will continue martyrdom operations inside and outside the United States until you abandon your oppression and foolish acts."

Osama bin Laden
Demanding US withdraw from Iraq, in audiotape broadcast on Al Jazeera, October 18 2003

"O American people, I am speaking to tell you about the ideal way to avoid another Manhattan, about war and its causes and results."

Osama bin Laden
On videotape shown on Al Jazeera, October 29, 2004

"Your security is not in the hands of [Democratic presidential candidate John] Kerry or Bush or al Qaeda. Your security is in your own hands and each state which does not harm our security will remain safe."

Osama bin Laden
On videotape shown on Al Jazeera, October 29, 2004

Say it isn't so, he is resisting American and Israeli imperialism and he has a genuine greivance, solving the "root causes" of terrorism like poverty, America and capitalism will allow him to be at peace with us. It is wrong to suggest that Bin Laden uses Islamic teachings to justify his actions, as a call to arms for others, Islam is a religion of peace and Bin Laden is most certainly not a muslim.

Interesting side point, the last quote you posted was very different from his prior ones in that it was directed towards westerners. Gone is the speak of a global ummah and reconquering Andelusia and present is words of coexistance and Bush bashing, the man does not speak the language of peace he speaks of the language conquest and genocide that is at the heart of radical Islam - we can decieve ourselves a lot when we have to but at some point there will be another wakeup call and I just hope that it is as minimal as possible.

Last edited:
Not many Middle Easterns approve of our ties with Israel, but they are geographically in a place where nobody is safe. It would be horrible if we backed down and broke those ties, it would mean watching a defenseless country get nuked.

Indeed she can pack a punch when needed, but the fact remains that should more Islamic countries develop nuclear weapons eventually one will be delivered to Israel and we will see another shoah.

Then Sharon and Israel should change their ways and work for a fair compromise peace with the Palestinians.

The U. S. will back it up and enforce it.

We are paying for the current mayhem that only adds to the instability and more deaths all around.

Peace at what price? I think that the next 5 years will be critical but the entire situation is better today than it was three years ago; the hamas leadership is virtually demolished, the security fence has massively reduced suicide bombings and likewise reduced IDF responses to bombings, Arafat is dead and the least extreme of the existing Palestinian leadership has a decent shot at becoming .President. A fair compromise in the eyes of so many Palestinians was and still is the oblitteration of Israel and the establishment of another Arab Muslim country; getting a leadership on that side that will accept a deal something like the Barak offer in 2000 will be of great benefit. If there is a fair settlement in the eyes of the world and then many Palestinians turn around and demand more and work on terror campaigns (which probably will happen) the support they recieve in certain quarters of the western world will be diminished.

Regardless, I think that once the Arab / Israeli problem is solved there will still be Islamic terrorism all around the globe and it will just pick up whole new grievances and excuses that we in the west are receptive to.

Last edited:
A_Wanderer said:
Peace at what price?

The status quo is at too high a price.

Why always mention Arab extremists as the problem.

There are plenty of Israeli extremist that want a greater Israel from the Saini to the Jordan River with all Palestinians pushed out.

I say fuck the extremist on both sides and stop letting them dictate to us what terms they want.

We should impose an agreement on them.

Can we start a process with these people?
Last update: December 3, 2004 at 8:58 PM
Hamas attitude toward Israel appears to soften
Mohammed Daraghmeh
Associated Press
Published December 4, 2004

RAMALLAH, WEST BANK -- The militant group Hamas will accept a Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza Strip and a long-term truce with Israel, a leader said Friday, apparently softening Hamas' hard-line stance and boosting hopes for renewed peace efforts after Yasser Arafat's death.

Sheik Hassan Yousef, a senior Hamas official in the West Bank, said he sees a truce in which Israel and a Palestinian state "live side-by-side in peace and security for a certain period."

Yousef's statements signal an apparent reversal of policy for Hamas, which has long sought to destroy Israel and replace it with an Islamic Palestinian state. The group has killed hundreds of Israelis in attacks during the past four years.

The group's top leaders, based outside the Palestinian areas, were unavailable for comment Friday on the policy change.

"Hamas has announced that it accepts a Palestinian independent state within the 1967 borders with a long-term truce," Yousef said, referring to lands Israel captured in the 1967 Mideast war.

Yousef's comments indicated that four years of fighting with Israel -- during which the military has targeted the group's top leaders -- and the imposition of international sanctions have taken a toll.

Arafat's death last month and a drive by new PLO leader Mahmoud Abbas to renew talks with Israel after the Jan. 9 election for new Palestinian leader also appears to have changed Hamas' policy.

Palestinian Foreign Minister Nabil Shaath welcomed the new Hamas position as a "positive step" and said the group informed the Palestinian Authority of its new policy during recent talks.

Until now, Hamas had rejected peace accords and carried out suicide bombings and other attacks, killing hundreds of people and badly damaging peace efforts.

Yousef said the Hamas position was new, calling it a "stage." In the past, Hamas has said it would accept a state in the 1967 borders as a first step to taking over Israel. Yousef did not spell out the conditions for the renewable cease-fire nor did he say how long it would last.

"For us a truce means that two warring parties live side-by-side in peace and security for a certain period, and this period is eligible for renewal," Yousef said. "That means Hamas accepts that the other party will live in security and peace."

Hani Masri, a commentator for the Palestinian newspaper Al-Ayyam, said Hamas was weakened by its listing as a terrorist organization by the United States and European Union. Those listings led to asset freezes that dealt a strong blow to the group's finances.

The group, which also faced Israel's hunt for Hamas leaders -- including the killing of spiritual leader Sheik Ahmed Yassin in March -- and Palestinian exhaustion with the uprising, could not survive if it did not change, Masri said.

"That doesn't mean there are no extremist wings in Hamas," Masri said. "There are still extremists in Hamas and they still have the ability to function, but I think the Palestinian Authority with Abu Mazen at its top will help Hamas to rein in the extremists." Abu Mazen is Abbas' nickname.

A Hamas official said on condition of anonymity that Abbas will meet Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal in Syria next week to arrange a truce before next month's election.

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said Thursday that Israel would halt offensive military operations if calm prevailed.

However, on Friday morning Israeli soldiers shot and killed an Islamic Jihad leader during an arrest raid in the West Bank village of Rabba near Jenin.

Interesting that hamas is practicing the long Islamic tradition of taqiya. Reports of peace from genocidal terrorists may have been premature.
Hamas Rejects Cease-fire with Israel

Sun Dec 5, 8:40 AM ET
By Nidal al-Mughrabi

GAZA (Reuters) - Hamas ruled out any truce with Israel Sunday and repeated its desire to destroy the Jewish state, rejecting what had appeared to be more conciliatory comments by one of the Islamic militant group's leaders.

"There is no talk about a truce now at all," Mahmoud Al-Zahar, a top Hamas leader, told reporters.

"Our strategy is to liberate all Palestinian soil," Zahar said, referring to the West Bank, Gaza and Israel.

Hassan Youssef, the top Hamas official in the West Bank, said Friday the group could accept creation of a Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza and a long-term truce with Israel, signaling a possible new overture to end hostilities.

Palestine Liberation Organization (news - web sites) leader Mahmoud Abbas has been trying to persuade militant groups to halt attacks against Israel to smooth the path of a presidential election on Jan. 9 to succeed Yasser Arafat (news - web sites), who died last month.

Hamas has killed hundreds of Israelis in suicide bombings and attacks. Palestinian officials are worried further assaults could provoke Israeli retaliation and disrupt the presidential election, the first since 1996.

Zahar said that although Hamas would boycott the presidential vote, it would consider taking part in the Palestinian legislative election, scheduled for the spring.

"Our will to participate in the election is a national demand after the longstanding system of corruption affected the national goal, the internal integrity of the Palestinian people," Zahar said.

In 1996, Hamas boycotted presidential and legislative elections, citing its opposition to interim Israeli-Palestinian peace accords.

Hamas expressed interest in joining the Fatah (news - web sites)-controlled Palestinian government after Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (news - web sites) unveiled his plan to withdraw from Gaza in 2005. Zahar said the group had already begun talks with Fatah over Gaza's future.

Israel, fearing a militant takeover of the territory after the pullout, had pushed for Egypt to train Palestinian security officers to maintain control of it.

Hamas and other militant groups have grown in popularity, especially in Gaza, since the start of the uprising against Israel in September 2000.

Zahar, who survived an Israeli assassination attempt last year, said Abbas would meet Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal in Syria. Abbas is due in Damascus later in the day to meet President Bashar al-Assad.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/nm/20041205/wl_nm/mideast_hamas_truce_dc

There are extremists on both sides, the difference is that while the Israeli extremists protest and in rare instances resort to terror tactics the PLO Arabs rely pretty much exclusively on terrorism. There may be plenty of Israeli extremists but plenty without a majority doesn't mean squat in a democracy. Regardless of the extremists I think that the playing field has changed significantly; the intafada is more or less over and peace is plausible.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom