Quote from Rush Limbaugh's appearance on CBS evening news... - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2006, 12:33 PM   #61
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:35 PM
also, it's bad thinking, and disasterous to any sort of military/intelligence/political strategy needed to deal with radical Islamism. the "war on terror" is an example of bad thinking -- it's disasterous to conflate al Qaeda, Hezbollah, Hamas, and the Iraqi insurgency as a single movement, for they must all be dealt with differently.

Old 09-13-2006, 12:42 PM   #62
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
We'd be on the same page if I hadn't passed the "wondering" stages long ago.
Fuck this!

Once again Mac with his extremist hate, but nothing to back it up...

Old 09-13-2006, 01:06 PM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

Normal

Oh man, suddenly Rush is looking reasonable
Old 09-13-2006, 02:28 PM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Fuck this!

Once again Mac with his extremist hate, but nothing to back it up...
How is his post extremist or hateful?
Old 09-13-2006, 02:32 PM   #65
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by AEON

i found this extremist and not hateful ... just hugely ignorant:

[q]Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
"I wonder if they are more interested in protecting the terrorists than protecting the American people," said House Majority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio. "They certainly do not want to take the terrorists on and defeat them." [/B]

We'd be on the same page if I hadn't passed the "wondering" stages long ago.[/q]

to say that people who disagree with you or the Bush administration care more about Osama Bin Laden than about everyday Americans is an incredibly offensive thing to say, it makes McCarthy look reasonable.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:32 PM   #66
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

What if I had said without doubt I know all Republicans are ignorant homophobic racists?

Old 09-13-2006, 02:36 PM   #67
Blue Crack Addict

It's not extremist or hateful to say that Democrats are more interested in protecting terrorists than they are the American people? I'd say that's obviously extremist, biased, and nothing but rhetoric designed to stir up hate and division. I'm a Democrat and believe me, I have no interest in protecting terrorists-and to say that I do just because I disagree with some of what Bush and other Republicans do and have done is really offensive to me personally. And in general it's a sad, sad state of affairs. I guess I'm just an unpatriotic traitor who should move to Afghanistan and join a Taliban training camp.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
i found this extremist and not hateful ... just hugely ignorant:

[q]Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
"I wonder if they are more interested in protecting the terrorists than protecting the American people," said House Majority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio. "They certainly do not want to take the terrorists on and defeat them."

We'd be on the same page if I hadn't passed the "wondering" stages long ago.[/q]

to say that people who disagree with you or the Bush administration care more about Osama Bin Laden than about everyday Americans is an incredibly offensive thing to say, it makes McCarthy look reasonable. [/B]
Could I have been "nicer?" I could have. So I state my case as to why there are too many on the far left who cater oversensativity to their representatives in an effort to stop anti-terror legislation.

Frankly, I'm sick of the fact that every major piece of anti-terrorist legislation is being condemned by the so-called civil libertarians who are oversensative about offending anyone, and not taking the safety of their country seriously enough. In a time of war, there will be bureaucracy, for better or worse. Innocent people will be searched, no matter who it is. So why waste bureaucracy on people with random searches, such as senior citizens who have nothing to do with Islamic terrorism?

And why is the NSA wiretapping program being dismantled by an activist judge?

And of course, my favorite example has got to be the Patriot Act. This is an act that did nothing but shrink the bureaucracy in reporting terror suspects. Thanks to this act, we managed to foil a plot to blow up the Brooklyn Bridge. It would never have been saved with pre-9/11 policies.

It seems that the Democrats translated Bush's 9/11 speech as partisan because there were strong statements made about the results of radical Islam, and how we must stay the course in Iraq. Yes, that's divisive because many Democratic lawmen flip-flopped on Iraq once the international community and the UN protested against it. Many in the House and Senate did not want to lose their power, so they chose power over principle.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:05 PM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

What if I had said without doubt I know all Republicans are ignorant homophobic racists?

You may not overtly say it, but I think that you and many other on the left certainly imply it.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:28 PM   #70
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

You may not overtly say it, but I think that you and many other on the left certainly imply it.
Thanks, one for missing the point, and not addressing the question you asked. And two, that's complete bullshit, you show me once where I've ever implied that.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:33 PM   #71
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Frankly, I'm sick of the fact that every major piece of anti-terrorist legislation is being condemned by the so-called civil libertarians who are oversensative about offending anyone, and not taking the safety of their country seriously enough.
Frankly, I'm sick and scared of so called conservatives who use to stand for small government, some even claim they still do, yet push legistation to make government even bigger, and into every facet of our private lives. They use the excuse "terrorist", but nothing stops them legally from being on the other side of your phone conversation, and in your bedroom.

That's what I'm sick of...
Old 09-13-2006, 03:44 PM   #72
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Could I have been "nicer?" I could have. So I state my case as to why there are too many on the far left who cater oversensativity to their representatives in an effort to stop anti-terror legislation.

Frankly, I'm sick of the fact that every major piece of anti-terrorist legislation is being condemned by the so-called civil libertarians who are oversensative about offending anyone, and not taking the safety of their country seriously enough. In a time of war, there will be bureaucracy, for better or worse. Innocent people will be searched, no matter who it is. So why waste bureaucracy on people with random searches, such as senior citizens who have nothing to do with Islamic terrorism?

And why is the NSA wiretapping program being dismantled by an activist judge?

And of course, my favorite example has got to be the Patriot Act. This is an act that did nothing but shrink the bureaucracy in reporting terror suspects. Thanks to this act, we managed to foil a plot to blow up the Brooklyn Bridge. It would never have been saved with pre-9/11 policies.

It seems that the Democrats translated Bush's 9/11 speech as partisan because there were strong statements made about the results of radical Islam, and how we must stay the course in Iraq. Yes, that's divisive because many Democratic lawmen flip-flopped on Iraq once the international community and the UN protested against it. Many in the House and Senate did not want to lose their power, so they chose power over principle.

you really need some facts to back up your boogeymen.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:47 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

you really need some facts to back up your boogeymen.
Didn't he just list a few?
Old 09-13-2006, 04:24 PM   #74
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Didn't he just list a few?

where?

all i saw were sweeping statements.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:29 PM   #75
New Yorker

When did virile American men become such P***ies. Your more likely to get run over crossing the street, killed in a car wreck (over 50,000 last year).

I'd rather take my chances on an intelligent LEGAL processes.

Use FISA for the freaking wiretapping. The UK used warrants for the recent arrests.

The Brooklyn bridge example is a joke.