Quote from Rush Limbaugh's appearance on CBS evening news...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hammer_and_sickle.png

banner_purple.gif

and I have provided many links in previous pages.

I wonder if they would sue me for this. LOL hahahah

If you want to discuss the Communism (or not) of the ACLU, guys, please start another thread--it really has very little to do with Limbaugh's quote, and neither do broad generalizations about loony leftists, etc. Thanks.

Justin24 said:

and I have provided many links in previous pages.

I want that specific case.

And those pictures are uncalled for and juvenile. You don't even know what the ACLU does, you may want to read up on it before posting that crap.

It's not uncalled for. What about my freedom of speech and expression? The ACLU chooses and picks who it wants to defend. Such as Pedophile groups certain religous groups. etc...

Justin24 said:
It's not uncalled for. What about my freedom of speech and expression?

Freedom of speech doesn't mean everything is called for or proper? Where did you get that from?

Ok time for another thread, I will start one.

Does anyone have more information on what the upshot was of the ACLU/NAMBLA case? Looks like it was six years ago. What little was posted here was very troubling.

Edit - never mind; looked it up myself, and since it's way off-topic (as well as still pending), I'll table it.

Last edited:
Scarletwine said:
They defended Rush oxycotin Limbaugh also BVS :wink:
They defended the big fat "law and order" hypocrite when he abandoned his principles and started taking pain killers. They didn't defend his conservative views, they defended his attempt to hide his medical history.

nathan1977 said:
Does anyone have more information on what the upshot was of the ACLU/NAMBLA case? Looks like it was six years ago. What little was posted here was very troubling.

Edit - never mind; looked it up myself, and since it's way off-topic (as well as still pending), I'll table it.
A homosexual couple lured the 10-year old Jeffrey Curley into a sexual encounter. Chris Jaynes, one of the men, was a NAMBLA member for about a year. NAMBLA, as we all know, advocates sex with children. They are an organization of PEDOPHILES.

Here's what was discovered in Jaynes' diary:

[NAMBLA] was a turning point in [the] discovery of myself. NAMBLA's Bulletin helped me to become aware of my own sexuality and acceptance of it

Here's a piece of the Bulletin he's referring to:

Call it love, call it lust, call it whatever you want. We desire sex with boys, and boys, whether society is willing to admit it, desire sex with us.

According to the trial records, the couple stole the kid's bike. Then they offered to find it for him. Using him as their pawn, they offered to buy him another bike. On the way to the store, they tried to pay Jeffrey for sex. When he refused, they suffocated him with a rag that was soaked in gasoline. Next, they dragged his dead body to their apartment and sodomized his corpse. Before dumping it in the river, they zipped his body into a plastic container.

Cambridge police found NAMBLA literature entitled "Rape and Escape." It teaches pedophiles how to lure young boys into underage sex, and how to rape them if they refused. In addition, it teaches the pedophiles how to avoid prosecution.

So Jeffrey's parents sued NAMBLA for its role as an accessory to murder.

Thankfully, the two men are serving a life sentence for what they did to Jeffrey.

ACLUM legal director said this of Jeffrey's death:

Regardless of whether people agree with or abhor NAMBLA's views, holding the organization responsible for the crimes committed by others who read their materials would gravely endanger important First Amendment freedoms.

So apparently, it doesn't matter so much that Jeffrey's freedom was taken away by two grown men who filled their minds with NAMBLA's material. As long as we can teach grown men how to prey on young boys and map their escape, we're taking the real cause of freedom.

Okaaay. . .back to topic. I just want to take some time to really pick a part this statement by Rush, and point out the ways in which it misleads, misstates, and misrepresents. Unfortunately this kind of rhetoric is growing in popularity in our country to devastating effect. I've heard a lot of it used on this thread,and I've read young and impressionable posters aping this kind of talk becaue it sounds snappy, muscular and has some zing to it.

Zoocoustic said:

"My friends, it's time to face a hard, cold fact. Militant Islam wants to kill us just because we're alive and don't believe as they do. They've been killing us for decades.

How many of "us" have died for decades because of terrorism on U.S. soil? This is hyperbole.

Zoocoustic said:
So it's time to stop pretending these terrorist incidents are mere episodic events

Those who oppose administration policy do not believe that terrorist incidents are episodic events. This is blatant misrepresentation.

Zoocoustic said:
and face the reality that our way of life is in grave danger.

Terrorism is a threat, no question. But this is fearmongering. While we dare not sit idle, our way of life is not remotely close to being in grave danger. This is classic fearmongering.

Zoocoustic said:
This threat is not just going to go away because we choose to ignore it. Some say we should try diplomacy.

Who is actually suggesting that we negotiate with Osama bin Laden or Al Qaeda? Who is actually suggesting that we "ignore" the threat? Blatant misrepresentation.

Zoocoustic said:
Yeah, well, tell me, how do we negotiate with people whose starting point is our death? Ask them to wait for ten years before they kill us? When good negotiates with evil, evil will always win and peace follows victory, not words issued by diplomats.

Actually peace comes when one side or both agrees to stop shooting and start talking. Granted that might require military "victory" but only in the movies does the war end when the bad guy gets knocked off the high building by the good guy and impaled on a piece of metal. This is macho posturing.

Zoocoustic said:
But some Americans, sadly, not interested in victory, and yet they want us to believe that their behavior is patriotic.

This is just unbelievable and yet I hear this kind of nonsense all the time. What liberal actually wants to "lose"? What liberal actually is not interested in "victory"? All liberals have done is suggest there is a better way to win this war. And notice the co-opting of patriotism. "You are only patriotic if you support what I say you should support. Otherwise you hate America." Ridiculous.

Zoocoustic said:
Well, it's not. When the critics are more interested in punishing this country over a few incidents at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay than they are in defeating those who want to kill us; when they seek to destroy a foreign surveillance program which is designed to identify those who want to kill us and how they intend to do it; when they want to grant those who want to kill us U.S. constitutional rights, I don't call that patriotic. Patriotism is rallying behind the country, regardless of party affiliation to defeat Islamofascism.

What he really means is patriotism is unquestioning support and lockstep support of our government's prosecution of the war of terrorism, however inept that prosecution might be. It doesn't get more unAmerican than that. Rush's defintion of patriotism would work well under a totalitarian regime.

Zoocoustic said:
Patriotism is supporting our troops in the battlefield, not undermining the mission and morale.

Rush fails to acknowledge that supporting our troops might mean objecting to how they are used.

Zoocoustic said:
Let there be no doubt about this: America will prevail. We're the same country that survived a bloody civil war, defeated the Nazis and the Soviets. Each generation has a responsibility to the next, our generation will not disappoint."

Well, I certainly hope he's right. But Rush is part of what needs to be overcome in this country.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom