Questions, Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Bama

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Typically, I do not like to cast any type of limelight on myself. However, recent events, threads, and posts have demonstrated to me that some of you may have questions about my knowledge, views, politics, beliefs, opinions, etc. I would like to take this opportunity to open the floor to your questions as you see fit and necessary, or simply as you wish to ask me regardless of fitness or necessity.

Feel free to ask me about football, religion, politics, history, water temperatures in the Gulf of Mexico, entertainment, food, or whatever, but...

Please do not post any "Rate me/Rank me/Grade me/What do you think of me?/Do you find me simply unconscionable?" or "Which deathbear handle do you like best/Report card!!!" requests. Also, do not post anything which I will deem "offensive" or I will reply with a

babu1.gif

~U2Alabama

Last edited:
I have a question about the whole "Hate the sin love the sinner" thing. If we are supposed to love the sinner but not the sin does this mean that nobody goes to heaven because God loves everybody but hates their sins? What is the point of even saying that a hell exists if this is true? :confused: Just wondering.

Anyone can feel free to ask me any questiones either. (I want a part of this lime light too Bama)

Lilly:

My theory is that perhaps 8 people had viewed the thread (the Nmeral 9 would have included me) and many of those 8 either had no questions or had to go think about what questions they would like to ask me.

RavenStar:

Regarding the "hate the sin/love the sinner" policy, perhaps people see this as their own application of Christ's tendancy to forgive sinners, "the least of you, and other "undesirables" whom he encountered. Today, it is most commonly applied to the attitudes of some Christians towards homosexuality/homosexuals, but if you think about it, we see this policy applied in numerous instances, and here are a few examples:

Priests, ministers and nuns who petition against the death penalty for admitted murderers...they obviously condemn the brutal acts which these criminals committed, yet their Christian love for these people sustains, they still love them as humans! The same would apply to the executioner; although the clerics may emotionally appeal to the executioner not to pull the switch, the clerics are not going to condemn the executioner either, due to their Christian love for him.

Christians who visit with and minister to other violent criminals in prison...such as the Kairos ministry. Obviously, these Christians are opposed to the acts of rape and burglary which the prisoners have committed, but that does not admonish their love for the criminals.

I am not involved in either movement, but I hope that gives you a broader view of it.

As far as God's dealings with sinners, you are on to something, but fortunately our fate is not as grim as to accept that if we sin, we are doomed to hell! My belief is that if we repent of our sins (and do a few other things according to my religion) that He will forgive us and accept us in His Kingdom. But those who do not repent and who reject Him, well, maybe that is why He also leaves the option of Hell open? I don't know who does or doesn't go to heaven or hell, and I did not write the Book or the rules, but perhaps that sums it up as to my perspective.

I hope that helps!

~U2Alabama

Will Johnny Stockton and Karl Malone EVER win an NBA Title?

Will Osama ever attend a U2 Concert?:wave:

Do WOMEN really RULE the UNIVERSE and us dunderhead men havnt figued it out yet?:grumpy: :rant: :cool: :scratch: :angry:

db9

diamond said:
Will Johnny Stockton and Karl Malone EVER win an NBA Title?

Both men have been in the league for damn near half of their lives. Stellar as they are individually, they will never bring a title home to Utah. Sorry. Somewhere else? maybe. I just don't see it happening for them with "the Jazz."

diamond said:
Will Osama ever attend a U2 Concert?

I hope not, because Salman Rushdie may also be in attendance and it would be dangerous for Mr. Rushdie's personal security.

diamond said:
Do WOMEN really RULE the UNIVERSE and us dunderhead men havnt figued it out yet?

GOD rules the universe, but He has not yet figured out your spelling.

~U2Alabama

Like O2 said:
Do you think the disparaging remarks about Texas Tech University and Lubbock in Texas A&M's football media guide were really included accidently?

It is highly unlikely that the Alumni article was placed in the media guide "by accident." SOMEONE with the alumni magazine and someone with media guide INTENDED to place it in the Media Guide. They admit to it being a "mistake," but I do not see how the editor of the Media Guide could "accidentally" allow the inclusion of the article to slip by in his review of the publication.

SOMEONE intended it to be inlcuded.

Obviously, A&M fans were tasting sour grapes from their upset defeat last year in Lubbock; there are better, motivational ways of addressing that other than attacking in-state rivals and their fans in such a tacky way in an official publication.

~U2Alabama

Angela Harlem said:
Mr Bama, please tell me why warm/hot water freezes quicker than cold.

For many questions of a scientific nature, I may have to defer to Jeeves, speedracer, doctorwho, or someone else more appropriate than my humanities-minded self.

But I am familiar with the concept you are introducing, and for that reason, when I need to freeze water, I use hot water as my tap water is not so cold as to already be near freezing. Basically, it has to do with the Mpemba effect. Go to www.askjeeves.com and ask "Does hot water freeze faster?"

Last edited:
KhanadaRhodes said:
bama, what is the best seafood restaurant to eat at in gulf shores? also, what is the best overall? if the answers are the same, please disregard the latter.

Khanada:

The best seafood restaurant in Gulf Shores proper is Sea 'N Suds. It is the place on the pier that I told you about. It is a simple place that serves fried seafood and canned and draft beer on the remaining stub of what was once a popular Gulf-front fishing pier. Don't expect an extravagant atmosphere, but do expect excellent crab claws, fried shrimp, scallops, etc., crisp but not greasy, at a good price.

Nearby Orange Beach also has a good place back on Canal Road called Doc's Oyster House, and yes, they also have raw oysters, although Appalachicola oysters, which are commonly served on the Gulf, are bad right now. Doc's also has good fried seafood, and like Sea N' Suds, they serve it in little plastic baskets. They do upgrade on their beer; it is bottled.

The Outrigger is a good full-service restuarant on Alabama Point in Orange Beach. Expect to pay twice as much as you would for the food at Sea N' Suds or Doc's, as you are paying for a splendid view of boats going in and out of the pass into the Gulf of Mexico, and a much "nicer" restaurant with an extensive wine and liquor list.

My lifelong favorite is probably Sea N' Suds, with a close second going to The Fish Market in Birmingham and maybe The Bright Star in Bessemer, Alabama.

~U2Alabama

Hmmmm,

I have two Q's.

1.) What was first? the egg or the chicken?

2.) Why is colder at night than outdoors? :coocoo:

3.) Is Elvis still alive? And if, will he come back? :help:

*grmpf,

whats wrong with me??? those were three questions....anyway....

But don't forget:

WHO DIES SOONER, IS LONGER DEAD :evil:

Re: ,

Tarik said:
*grmpf,

whats wrong with me??? those were three questions....anyway....

But don't forget:

WHO DIES SOONER, IS LONGER DEAD :evil:

Actually, it was four questions.

Like O2 said:
Bama, my 3 year old daughter just "accidentally" swallowed a small steel marble, part of this construction toy...

Do you think one of the magnetic bars would now stick to her tummy?

Since it is part of a common "toy," it is unlikely that the magnet would be strong enough to attract the marble through her stomach lining and epidermis. Be on the "lookout" for the marble over the next few days, if you know what I mean.

~U2Alabama

Tarik said:
1.) What was first? the egg or the chicken?

Typically, I have eggs for breakfast at the start of the day, and chicken for lunch or dinner later in the day; thus, I would say that the egg came first, no one ate it, and it hatched into a chicken.

Tarik said:
2.) Why is colder at night than outdoors?

Well, I assume you are asking why it is colder at night outdoors than during daylight hours outdoors.

I am no atmospheric scientist or meteorologist or whatever, but I would say that it is because at night, the hemisphere is facing away from the sun, and during daylight hours, the hemisphere is facing towards the sun, thus gaining the heat put out by the sun's light.

Tarik said:
3.) Is Elvis still alive? And if, will he come back?

No; he passed away on August 16, 1977, and he will not come back to this planet.

~U2Alabama

if you can answer this, i'll be forever indebted to you.

why does God take babies from the womb weeks before their delivery?

Re: if you can answer this, i'll be forever indebted to you.

Lilly said:
why does God take babies from the womb weeks before their delivery?

Only God knows the answer to this plaguing question, but I for one would like to think that it is so that the babies can be angels.

I saw your thread about your friend in Goal Is Soul and unfortunately their is no easy way to deal with it here on earth. It is times like this that we Faith, Hope and Love, none of which are shallow.

As Alison Kraus sings, "Faith can see right through the circumstance, it sees the forest in spite of the trees."

"...And the greatest of these is Love..."

And as the recently departed Michael Houser of Widespread Panic said on his final studio album with the band, "Where there is love, there is hope."

~U2Alabama

Last edited:
Bama, which college football will cry the most about getting screwed out of a spot in the national title game this year?

speedracer said:
Bama, which college football will cry the most about getting screwed out of a spot in the national title game this year?

As is usually the case, it will be Florida State University and Coach Bobby Bowden. His son Terry will probably get a word in edge-wise as well on ABC Sports.

Back
Top Bottom