Questions, Anyone? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2002, 09:15 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:44 AM
Questions, Anyone?

Typically, I do not like to cast any type of limelight on myself. However, recent events, threads, and posts have demonstrated to me that some of you may have questions about my knowledge, views, politics, beliefs, opinions, etc. I would like to take this opportunity to open the floor to your questions as you see fit and necessary, or simply as you wish to ask me regardless of fitness or necessity.

Feel free to ask me about football, religion, politics, history, water temperatures in the Gulf of Mexico, entertainment, food, or whatever, but...

Please do not post any "Rate me/Rank me/Grade me/What do you think of me?/Do you find me simply unconscionable?" or "Which deathbear handle do you like best/Report card!!!" requests. Also, do not post anything which I will deem "offensive" or I will reply with a

~U2Alabama

Old 08-17-2002, 09:40 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Normal it just doesn't add up

why are there 9 views of this thread but one reply?

Old 08-17-2002, 09:49 PM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 10:44 AM
I have a question about the whole "Hate the sin love the sinner" thing. If we are supposed to love the sinner but not the sin does this mean that nobody goes to heaven because God loves everybody but hates their sins? What is the point of even saying that a hell exists if this is true? Just wondering.

Anyone can feel free to ask me any questiones either. (I want a part of this lime light too Bama)
Old 08-17-2002, 10:15 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Lilly:

My theory is that perhaps 8 people had viewed the thread (the Nmeral 9 would have included me) and many of those 8 either had no questions or had to go think about what questions they would like to ask me.

RavenStar:

Regarding the "hate the sin/love the sinner" policy, perhaps people see this as their own application of Christ's tendancy to forgive sinners, "the least of you, and other "undesirables" whom he encountered. Today, it is most commonly applied to the attitudes of some Christians towards homosexuality/homosexuals, but if you think about it, we see this policy applied in numerous instances, and here are a few examples:

Priests, ministers and nuns who petition against the death penalty for admitted murderers...they obviously condemn the brutal acts which these criminals committed, yet their Christian love for these people sustains, they still love them as humans! The same would apply to the executioner; although the clerics may emotionally appeal to the executioner not to pull the switch, the clerics are not going to condemn the executioner either, due to their Christian love for him.

Christians who visit with and minister to other violent criminals in prison...such as the Kairos ministry. Obviously, these Christians are opposed to the acts of rape and burglary which the prisoners have committed, but that does not admonish their love for the criminals.

I am not involved in either movement, but I hope that gives you a broader view of it.

As far as God's dealings with sinners, you are on to something, but fortunately our fate is not as grim as to accept that if we sin, we are doomed to hell! My belief is that if we repent of our sins (and do a few other things according to my religion) that He will forgive us and accept us in His Kingdom. But those who do not repent and who reject Him, well, maybe that is why He also leaves the option of Hell open? I don't know who does or doesn't go to heaven or hell, and I did not write the Book or the rules, but perhaps that sums it up as to my perspective.

I hope that helps!

~U2Alabama
Old 08-17-2002, 10:20 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:44 AM
wink

Will Johnny Stockton and Karl Malone EVER win an NBA Title?

Will Osama ever attend a U2 Concert?

Do WOMEN really RULE the UNIVERSE and us dunderhead men havnt figued it out yet?

db9
Old 08-17-2002, 10:38 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Will Johnny Stockton and Karl Malone EVER win an NBA Title?
Both men have been in the league for damn near half of their lives. Stellar as they are individually, they will never bring a title home to Utah. Sorry. Somewhere else? maybe. I just don't see it happening for them with "the Jazz."

Quote:
Will Osama ever attend a U2 Concert?
I hope not, because Salman Rushdie may also be in attendance and it would be dangerous for Mr. Rushdie's personal security.

Quote:
Do WOMEN really RULE the UNIVERSE and us dunderhead men havnt figued it out yet?
GOD rules the universe, but He has not yet figured out your spelling.

~U2Alabama
Old 08-17-2002, 11:08 PM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 10:44 AM
Thanks Bama! I understand more now.
Old 08-18-2002, 12:21 AM   #8
She wore graaaapes

Do you think the disparaging remarks about Texas Tech University and Lubbock in Texas A&M's football media guide were really included accidently?
Old 08-18-2002, 12:36 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Like O2
Do you think the disparaging remarks about Texas Tech University and Lubbock in Texas A&M's football media guide were really included accidently?
It is highly unlikely that the Alumni article was placed in the media guide "by accident." SOMEONE with the alumni magazine and someone with media guide INTENDED to place it in the Media Guide. They admit to it being a "mistake," but I do not see how the editor of the Media Guide could "accidentally" allow the inclusion of the article to slip by in his review of the publication.

SOMEONE intended it to be inlcuded.

Obviously, A&M fans were tasting sour grapes from their upset defeat last year in Lubbock; there are better, motivational ways of addressing that other than attacking in-state rivals and their fans in such a tacky way in an official publication.

~U2Alabama
Old 08-18-2002, 12:50 AM   #10
She wore graaaapes

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama

SOMEONE intended it to be inlcuded.

I think so too!

Question #2 - How do I improve my spelling and/or limit my posting typos?
Old 08-18-2002, 12:55 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Proofread.
Old 08-18-2002, 12:59 AM   #12
She wore graaaapes

@ proofreading!

But I do admit, it's a good answer.
Old 08-18-2002, 04:05 AM   #13
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:44 AM
Mr Bama, please tell me why warm/hot water freezes quicker than cold. I once knew the answer but have since forgotten.

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2002, 09:09 AM   #14
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Local Time: 03:44 PM

Bear Bryant Sucks.

Go Irish.

L.Unplugged

--Bill Clinton
Old 08-18-2002, 12:58 PM   #15
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

bama, what is the best seafood restaurant to eat at in gulf shores? also, what is the best overall? if the answers are the same, please disregard the latter.