Question of the Day: Homosexuality - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2005, 09:48 AM   #76
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84
we did indeed. that was almost two years ago now. a lot has changed..
Was it really that long ago?

Melon

Old 05-01-2005, 09:50 AM   #77
Blue Crack Distributor

Re: Question of the Day: Homosexuality

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton
My question: do you believe it is possible for a person to believe that homosexuality is inherently wrong and not be a bigot?
ignorance does not neccesarily make one a bigot.

those who feel it's a sexual choice may believe it to be wrong, just like they would believe other non kosher, non plain vanilla sexual acts to be wrong... fetishes, etc. etc. those people aren't neccesarily bigots... they're just misinformed... stupid... out of touch with reality.

those who are educated enough to know that it is not a choice and still believe it to be wrong are either bigots or are trying to hide their own "inner demons" from comming to the surface for fear of being outcast by society.

so... short answer, yes. long answer, not neccesarily.

Old 05-01-2005, 11:31 AM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris

I think I speak for most hetero males, that the difference for us is based very deep, in what I think is a natural reaction to homosexual behavior (not homosexuals themselves). I don't think there is any amount of enlightenment, rehabilitation, education, or whatever that can change that.

We are repelled by the sexual aspect of it, not the people, not marraige rights, not survivor benefits etc... the sexual side of it is something we run from, and
treat with a real, physical revolt.
Quote:
Originally posted by martha
Speak for yourself only, please. My straight male friends to a one don't feel this way.
Mine don't either.

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
Yuck indeed. Vaginas look like an open sore of disease...lol.
That really wasn't necessary.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:04 PM   #79
Refugee

Quote:
Speak for yourself only, please. My straight male friends to a one don't feel this way.
Martha/Joyfulgirl,

You're saying that all of your male hetero friends are quite comfortable with the idea of a guy giving them oral/anal sex, as well as giving it back to the guy?

Wow - I'm shocked.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:05 PM   #80
Refugee

I don't think I'm way off on this, any hetero men here feel the same way?
Old 05-01-2005, 12:09 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:08 PM
i think they meant that their male friends are absolutely fine with other people doing whatever it is they do behind closed doors.

maybe the reason you're so 'yuck-ed' out by it is because you insist on personalizing it.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:14 PM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:08 PM
Quote:

Martha/Joyfulgirl,

You're saying that all of your male hetero friends are quite comfortable with the idea of a guy giving them oral/anal sex, as well as giving it back to the guy?

Wow - I'm shocked.
I've talked about it at length with my hetero friends and they simply have never expressed the kind of revulsion you speak of. They're cool with gay sex even if they don't want to participate in it. Some are even a bit curious, especially to be on the receiving end of a blowjob, lol. And it's the same for me with women. I am quite heterosexual but I am not at all repulsed by two women having sex. I don't have to look away or go 'ewww, that's gross!' I can enjoy watching two men, two women, or a man and a woman having sex. What's the big deal?
Old 05-01-2005, 12:19 PM   #83
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:08 PM
Quote:

I think I speak for most hetero males, that the difference for us is based very deep, in what I think is a natural reaction to homosexual behavior (not homosexuals themselves). I don't think there is any amount of enlightenment, rehabilitation, education, or whatever that can change that.
No, I don't think you do.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:08 PM   #84
The Fly

Local Time: 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ImOuttaControl
I could care less what people do behind closed doors, but what pisses me off is having all this shit shoved down my throat and basically being told "if you think what we're doing is wrong, your a bigot." For example, I was in Chicago a couple years back and there was a "gay pride parade," which it seemed that 50% of the people were acting like they were part of a freak show. Do they really think this is helping gay rights causes? Not a bit. This sort of thing is what's holding a lot of people back, IMO.
I feel the same way about all the hetero shit shoved down my throat all the time. I dont care what straights do in their own homes but don't need to see it all the time & they just have to display themselves!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 01:42 PM   #85
Refugee

Quote:
i think they meant that their male friends are absolutely fine with other people doing whatever it is they do behind closed doors.
I'm fine with that too. I guess I'm not making myself clear. Part of the bias is a tendency to not find it attractive.

Hence some are homosexual, and some are heterosexual.

I still think we're talking minorities here (like less than 20%, of hetero men that would be cool with receiving a blowjob from a man.

Maybe we should check kinsey on this.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:52 PM   #86
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I'm fine with that too. I guess I'm not making myself clear. Part of the bias is a tendency to not find it attractive.

Hence some are homosexual, and some are heterosexual.

I still think we're talking minorities here (like less than 20%, of hetero men that would be cool with receiving a blowjob from a man.
I think you are having a hard time making yourself clear. Why would hetero males have to be comfortable receiving a blowjob from a man? I mean what does that have to do with anything?

I'm not understanding how that effects bias. I don't want to picture old people having sex, but it doesn't give me a bias towards old people.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:55 PM   #87
She's the One

Local Time: 05:08 PM
Quote:

Martha/Joyfulgirl,

Wow - I'm shocked.
Don't twist our words to make your stupid point. They're not gay, so no they don't want a guy to fuck them.

They are not disgusted by gay men having sex.

What? No woman's ever given you head before? You found it disgusting when she did because that's what gay men do?
Old 05-01-2005, 02:57 PM   #88
She's the One

Local Time: 05:08 PM
PS I'm not comfortable with Pat Robertson having sex, but I don't think he should be barred from exercising his civil rights because of it.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:08 PM   #89
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by all_i_want
one thing that seems a bit strange to me is.. although everyone says its not a choice, and being a straight guy i wouldnt know anyway, what is the big deal if it WAS a choice?

think about religion. which religion you follow is your choice, and you should not be discriminated against because of your choice. so, if you choose to be gay, so what? i mean, some of you who are against gay marriage cause its not natural or something, i dont think that argument hold on its own - at all.

this is about the PERSONAL freedoms, no one cares if they think it is right or wrong, or natural or a choice, because what people do about their sexuality is nobody's business.

(i am just watching a documentary on MTV about gay couple's TRYING to get married, in boston, and there are all these old people on the streets protesting 'jesus against gays' or 'jesus says no'. idiots.)
Thank you. Whether it's a choice or not, the bottom line is that it's one that isn't hurting anybody else. If someone doesn't like it, if they have issues with it, that's their personal thing to deal with. But for some to sit there and try and expect them to "change" (which particularly doesn't make sense when you consider that straight people wouldn't want someone trying to turn them gay, so why some of them insist on trying to turn gay people straight is way beyond me), or to try and ban them from doing the same things heterosexuals get to do...that's just stupid and illogical, I'm sorry.

I dunno. I guess I'm just weird. I don't care whether you're straight, gay, or bi, I don't want to know what you and your loved one do in the privacy of your bedroom. I don't understand why some people in this country feel this need to poke their noses into other people's business like that. You live your life, I live mine, so long as neither one of us is encroaching on the other's rights/personal space/whatever, I don't see a problem.

Angela
Old 05-01-2005, 03:34 PM   #90
Refugee

Quote:
Don't twist our words to make your stupid point
Whatever. Your courtesy is noted. I'm out.