Putting living cows into boiling water - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2007, 11:25 PM   #31
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:13 PM
Where did you hear about this, Infinitum? A quick google search reveals absolutely nothing on the subject.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:29 PM   #32
Refugee

Local Time: 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
Don't kid yourself, Infinitum. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:38 PM   #33
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen
Where did you hear about this, Infinitum? A quick google search reveals absolutely nothing on the subject.
You are right, I just searched for it also but couldn't find it. So it does seem like a rumor, and I really hope it is. But nevertheless, cows and other animals are mistreated while being raised.

I've seen pictures of cows and other animals who are kept in small boxes so they can't even turn around, given no food and so they end up eating their own manure, I just don't see how people can be this cruel. And no, this one is not a rumor, i'm sure of it.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:47 PM   #34
She's the One

Local Time: 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Infinitum98
I've seen pictures of cows and other animals who are kept in small boxes so they can't even turn around, given no food and so they end up eating their own manure, I just don't see how people can be this cruel. And no, this one is not a rumor, i'm sure of it.
Yes, these kinds of things are true. But if you want to be taken seriously, you need to make sure what you post is actually true.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #35
Babyface

Quote:

You are right, I just searched for it also but couldn't find it. So it does seem like a rumor, and I really hope it is. But nevertheless, cows and other animals are mistreated while being raised.

If they can't turn around how can they eat their own manure ?

If the suppliers want to maximize yields they will feed their animals.

Sounds like PETA nonsense again to me.

Veal Piccatta......yum!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:53 PM   #36
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Yes, these kinds of things are true. But if you want to be taken seriously, you need to make sure what you post is actually true.
Yes I know. At that time I thought it was true and I didn't bother to double check and instead I just posted it since I was so upset.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:59 PM   #37
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by hawkman

If they can't turn around how can they eat their own manure ?

If the suppliers want to maximize yields they will feed their animals.

Sounds like PETA nonsense again to me.

Veal Piccatta......yum!
Well maybe the ones who actually eat their own manure can manage to turn around. But I think we should look at the bigger picture. And yes, I can understand that if suppliers want to maximize yields they will feed their animals. But animals are starved and do eat their own manure, so these kind of things do happen.

Your last comment was just pathetic. I understand if you think it is right to eat meat but why do you need to write something like that? Are you trying to prove something?
Old 07-13-2007, 12:10 AM   #38
Refugee

Here is a website I found that reveals the cruelty that all sorts of animals go through in the slaughterhouse, including adult and baby cows.

http://www.lcanimal.org/cmpgn/cmpgn_010.htm
Old 07-13-2007, 12:15 AM   #39
Refugee

One thing that I have never understood is how people can be criminally punished for cruetly towards cats, dogs and other household pets while cruelty to cows, pigs, chickens and other meat producing animals is completely okay.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:37 AM   #40
War Child

Local Time: 09:13 AM
Quote:
One thing that I have never understood is how people can be criminally punished for cruetly towards cats, dogs and other household pets while cruelty to cows, pigs, chickens and other meat producing animals is completely okay.
I see you noticed the difference already.

and

dog meat.....
Old 07-13-2007, 02:58 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:43 AM
Old 07-13-2007, 07:27 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:13 PM
Quote:

Ohh you are vegetarian? Thats awesome. Are you one for health reasons or moral reasons. Anyways, thats great to hear.
Well actually, for moral reasons. But more for humans than for animals. I don't support the meat-packing industry. I don't approve of the working conditions, and of the harsh treatment the workers are forced to endure. Sometimes I get a little queasy when people start talking about how delicious beef is...especially considering that it is likely that a certain portion of that beef is human flesh.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't like treating animals like shit either. But at the same time, it is difficult to be completely animal-free. For example, unfortunately, the best paint brushes are the ones that use animal hair. Synthetic brushes suck ass.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:30 AM   #43
Babyface

Quote:
Are you aware those animals (pigs, cows etc) are bred, paid for and raised at someone elses expense for one purpose only and not so you can go down to Petco and pick one out for you to take on walks around the neighborhood ?
Old 07-13-2007, 09:31 AM   #44
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

Well actually, for moral reasons. But more for humans than for animals. I don't support the meat-packing industry. I don't approve of the working conditions, and of the harsh treatment the workers are forced to endure.
No one keeps the workers in the plants against their will as "forced to endure" might imply
Old 07-13-2007, 10:07 AM   #45
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

Don't get me wrong though, I don't like treating animals like shit either. But at the same time, it is difficult to be completely animal-free. For example, unfortunately, the best paint brushes are the ones that use animal hair. Synthetic brushes suck ass.
Yes you are right, it is really really hard to be completely animal free. And I think therefore people who want to live animal free sometimes don't bother with products made from animals because so many of every day products have animal parts. Lets hope that both the availability and quality of synthetic leather and other materials increases in the near future.

But anyway, cheers on living a vegetarian life.