Putting living cows into boiling water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shart1780 said:
Isn't it cruel that we chop chickens' heads off, tear them limb from limb, deep fry them and eat them?

I don't hear many of you complaining about that.

You're right - I don't generally complain about that. But then, I don't have any use for a chicken except to eat it. This doesn't mean I want the thing to be treated cruelly before it's killed and eaten, though. If you're going to kill it, do it cleanly or not at all. That's my only reason for considering vegetarianism. Cruelty is just unnecessary, no matter what's being killed. My only point is that in all of this emotional up-in-arms-ism, there's no real answer for the question of what to do with all those animals that would suddenly have no monetary value to the people who have been using them as food animals.

What do you do with them? Answer that one for me, would ya?

Hinder said:

My only point is that in all of this emotional up-in-arms-ism, there's no real answer for the question of what to do with all those animals that would suddenly have no monetary value to the people who have been using them as food animals.

What do you do with them? Answer that one for me, would ya?

But in the case everybody becomes vegetarian, the meat producers can just stop breeding the animals so then there would be no problem of too many animals.

Infinitum98 said:

But in the case everybody becomes vegetarian, the meat producers can just stop breeding the animals so then there would be no problem of too many animals.

Yep. No demand would mean no supply.

Certainly no one thinks these animals just appear out of the ether without any planning at all. :eyebrow:

Egads. Just - egads...
I can't believe I just read that.

Please, please, Infinitum: take a biology class. Seriously, I don't mean to be cruel, but the statement is so idiotic I begin to wonder if you know that animals continue to breed whether you like it or not unless you castrate or otherwise sterilize them all.

Been a long time since I've seen the old 'hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil LA!' attitude.

Do you seriously believe that every human being is going to go vegetarian over night???

Of course not, it will take decades to achieve this and as it does less and less livestock will be needed and therefore less and less livestock will be produced.

When and if there is no more consumption of meat then yes, we will be responsible for maintaining the population of the remaining animals. It's a sad fact that we humans have domesticated and bread them into something that does not have a place in nature anymore (whatever that is).

I like how your basic argument is that we have created this system of slaughter and while you admit it's cruel, it's just easier to continue the way it is...

This tends to be the general argument I hear from most people; "We've always done it this way, what are we supposed to do?"

Sad.

Hinder said:
Egads. Just - egads...
I can't believe I just read that.

Please, please, Infinitum: take a biology class. Seriously, I don't mean to be cruel, but the statement is so idiotic I begin to wonder if you know that animals continue to breed whether you like it or not unless you castrate or otherwise sterilize them all.

Been a long time since I've seen the old 'hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil LA!' attitude.

I think I am going to go to the eye doctor becuase I can't convince myself that I just read that.

I don't want to make you look dumb, but have you ever heard of breeding animals just for meat? Do you seriously believe that all the cows, pigs, chickens, ducks, turkeys and eggs that humans consume come from nature and not from a breeding farm? Are you really that oblivious or were you joking with your post?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom