Psychic stuff - and frauds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:

was that psychic of me? i don't think so ... it was a series of logical deductions that took fractions of a second to make and i was probably unaware of it at the time.

My mother isn't psychic either. My father was neither old nor sick, died under sudden and unusual circumstances, and my mother dreamed it in advance. There really were no logical deductions involved.
It's like dreaming that someone is struck by lightening and then the next week they're struck by lightening (that isn't what happened but you get the point). She had a moment, what can I say. :shrug:

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
I have been diagnosed psychic and it is unsettling at times... I deal basically with world events rather than being your psychic reader....not into telling others their lives....let them live their own. I sense things happening in the world.

I also have hypersensitivity which a part of which consists of seeing and hearing things before they occur. Like I'll drive in the car, be thinking about something or a word comes to mind and a few minutes later I hear what I was thinking on the radio. I am great at cartoons....I'll think of something the day before and then the next morning there is a cartoon about the same thing. Don't even mention prophetic dreams...I have them too. It's an everyday occurrence. Yes....it is a power. Other than that I'm just your ordinary wizard {LOL}.

:|

LOL. Wow, really? Very interesting stuff there...I can kind of relate to you with the second thing you mentioned, with the cartoons and words and stuff like that...I have this weird thing where I'll think of an episode of a TV show that's in reruns, and then like, a day or two later, that exact episode airs. Don't look at the info ahead of time or anything, either. It just for some reason pops into my head and not long after...it comes on. Very weird.

Anywho, thanks for sharing that...just makes my belief in that sort of thing even stronger.

Angela

Re: Re: reply

Moonlit_Angel said:

LOL. Wow, really? Very interesting stuff there...I can kind of relate to you with the second thing you mentioned, with the cartoons and words and stuff like that...I have this weird thing where I'll think of an episode of a TV show that's in reruns, and then like, a day or two later, that exact episode airs. Don't look at the info ahead of time or anything, either. It just for some reason pops into my head and not long after...it comes on. Very weird.

Anywho, thanks for sharing that...just makes my belief in that sort of thing even stronger.

Angela

I do stuff like that all the time. And I've freaked alot of people out before....for example I'll be in the car with someone and I'll say I really want to hear a certain song and I'll change the station...to that same song. One day I said to my roomate, "Aren't you going to answer the phone?" and right then it started ringing. :|

I have no idea....:shrug:

Re: Re: Re: reply

starsgoblue said:
I do stuff like that all the time. And I've freaked alot of people out before....for example I'll be in the car with someone and I'll say I really want to hear a certain song and I'll change the station...to that same song. One day I said to my roomate, "Aren't you going to answer the phone?" and right then it started ringing. :|

:ohmy:...

*Proceeds to hum "Twilight Zone" theme music*

Angela

Re: Re: reply

starsgoblue said:

Same here - music on the radio, ever since I was tiny. Yeah yeah yeah, "everyone does that" - but in particular, I always get songs I haven't heard for years - not recent chart stuff, which would be fairly easy to explain. It happens all the time, always has.

My sister always knew who was on the phone before anyone answered it - and we didn't have anyone who made regularly scheduled calls.

Every week (at variable times - not scheduled) my mother and I pick up the phone at exactly the same time to call one another. It's a longstanding family joke now.
Moonlit_Angel said:

Angela

One weird thing. I share a birthday with the late great George Harrison. The night George died, I had no idea. I was reading and at abput 2am got My Sweet Lord in my head, on repeat - it would not go away. There was nothing to trigger it. I turned the TV on 44 or 5 hours later, to hear he was dead. I think that's probably more a weird coincidence than anything else.

My eldest brother - not the psychic - dreamed Indira Ghandi was shot the night before it actually happened. :shrug:

After I read a book on coincidences, they started happening more often. No it was not a case of my not noticing before, because I've always been interested in this stuff. Maybe it's a sign that all this stuff IS COINCIDENCE! :lmao:

Last edited:
Here's what my brother had to say about you lot! :lmao:

Before they heard about God
My sister has posted a link to here on a U2 forum.

Someone has commented about psychic work there and mentioned a belief it is either God's or the Devil's work.

I am of course happy for the person to have their own opinion.

But I have always wondered what people with that opinion think used to go on before people heard about God. And, indeed, if any one religion's God is genuinely that, why all the other religions didn't hear about it before their own religion came along.

I know there is a scientific reason for cancer - abnormal development - but is there one for God?

I see no reason to see a contradiction between science and psychics - what about homing pigeons and so forth (not to mention monkeys developing into humans).
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
No disrespect to ANY of you - but I can see his point. Wood, if you see this: nice one mate!

Last edited:
Sally, I kind of see what your brother is saying, but there's a few things he needs to consider.

First, before people heard about God, they sinned. We all continue to sin today, even though most of us have heard about God. People continue to carry out their own will, including through the use of psychics, instead of seeking God's will. (Which, by the way, I don't know why people seek information from other humans when they can pray to the all-powerful, all-mighty God who created us and exists outside of time and space.:shrug: )

I'm not sure what he's trying to say with his comment on other religions. There are different religions for many reasons.

Also, I don't see why he brought up homing pigeons and monkeys, neither can fortell their future. :|

starsgoblue said:
Coemegen....what about gifts of the Spirit? "Words of knowledge" and whatnot are not demonic.

Starsgoblue, you should read my post again. I said that God can work through us in these ways. I totally believe in the gifts of the spirit. (At the same time though, I don't think the concept of "words of knowledge" is biblical. I think it's something the charasmatics made up. Correct me if I'm wrong though.)

I've had some psychic dreams and thoughts, things that came true. That is scary. But what do you say about the scary dreams that don't come true? I had a dream recently that I sure wish would come true..

I don't discount psychics altogether, I do think some people have legimitate abilities. But you see those exposees on TV that show how they are fed info through earpieces or whatever.

I think it's incredibly easy to make general statements that appear to be "psychic" but could apply to just about anyone in any given situation. That's how most of them do it.

coemgen said:
Which, by the way, I don't know why people seek information from other humans when they can pray to the all-powerful, all-mighty God who created us and exists outside of time and space.:shrug:

Well, as I say... faith can move mountains. Still, if I was dying of some dreadful disease (and, before shooting me down here, please bear in mind that I am closely related to a 21 year old who is doing exactly that as we speak), there is no way that I would rely purely on deluding myself that God's intervention will do what medical science can't. Maybe you are right - miracles certainly happen...

Okay, having said all that heartfelt stuff, I looked back and realised that you were referring to info from psychics, not from all humans in general.... but I'll leave what I wrote above anyway, just in case the matter arises. I do understand what you meant, though. :)

I'm not sure what he's trying to say with his comment on other religions. There are different religions for many reasons.
I think he may be commenting on the idea that all religions follow the same criteria for distinguishing between 'evil' and 'good' - I'm not sure so will ask him.
Also, I don't see why he brought up homing pigeons and monkeys, neither can fortell their future. :|

LOL :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Last edited:
coemgen said:

Starsgoblue, you should read my post again. I said that God can work through us in these ways. I totally believe in the gifts of the spirit. (At the same time though, I don't think the concept of "words of knowledge" is biblical. I think it's something the charasmatics made up. Correct me if I'm wrong though.)

I wasn't trying to discredit you. I'm sorry if I seemed to do that. As far as 'words of knowledge', I don't know what you define it as...sometimes it can have varying definitions, so I wouldn't want to belate a point that is based on confusion of terms.

I think it is important to always have a healthy bit of sceptisism in dealing with things like visions, the future, etc. As a good teacher of mine said just this weekend "True believers are the kind of people that fly planes into buildings."
That said, I spent alot of years discounting my own intuition and talents in this area because it was "new agey" or just silly or not intellectual enough. No more. I read tarot cards, runes. I spend time on the astral, and between the worlds. When you dance with the Gods, you begin to realize that time in not a linear thing, and communitcation with those who have been before and are to come is not impossible. And in fact quantam physics backs this non-linear sense of time and matter (or no matter as it goes) and supports some of the wierd things that do happen to us humans.
These tv shows sound hilarious, though. Too bad they are in the UK. We have one here called "ghost hunters" that is really hysterical. A bunch of frat guys with flash lights and recorders saying "Dude, dude, did you see that?" and then running. Very funny....

Sally, I never said you should forgo medicine and science to make God perform a miracle. I think medicine and science are infact of God when used correctly. Heck, the concept of a hostpital was started by Christians.

I'm still praying for your sister by the way. :hug:

starsgoblue said:

I wasn't trying to discredit you. I'm sorry if I seemed to do that. As far as 'words of knowledge', I don't know what you define it as...sometimes it can have varying definitions, so I wouldn't want to belate a point that is based on confusion of terms.

It didn't seem that way. :wink: I'm sorry if I came across in a way that made you feel that way. :huh: :wink:

I've heard that term words of knowledge and I've just wondered more about it. My wife grew up in the charasmatic church, so I've heard a lot of terms that are new. (and relatively new to Christianity.) I didn't mean to offend you if you are charasmatic.

coemgen said:
Sally, I never said you should forgo medicine and science to make God perform a miracle. I think medicine and science are infact of God when used correctly. Heck, the concept of a hostpital was started by Christians.

Yeah, I realised that after I wrote it all. Think my brain is still on another planet at the moment, currently looking for permission to land!! :)
I'm still praying for your sister by the way. :hug:
Thanks - I do appreciate it. :hug:

coemgen said:

It didn't seem that way. :wink: I'm sorry if I came across in a way that made you feel that way. :huh: :wink:

I've heard that term words of knowledge and I've just wondered more about it. My wife grew up in the charasmatic church, so I've heard a lot of terms that are new. (and relatively new to Christianity.) I didn't mean to offend you if you are charasmatic.

LMAO... it seems all we've done so far in this thread is apologise to each other! LOL! ;)

:lol:This could become even sillier if we keep at out... so I'll distract you all with a message from my brother's blog.

Thought for the day
If there is a Microsoft

Why isn't there a Macrosoft?

Good name for a computer manufacturer.

posted by Psychic Advice @ 5/25/2005 07:56:00 PM

Still no luck with MSN Groups
I told you it wouldn't work.

Well I didn't, but I might as well have.

All Passport.com's suggestions came to zero. As did those from MSN Groups support.

I have replied sweetly to both saying "Thank you, but I still get The Page Cannot Be Displayed or Cannot Connect to MSN Groups.."

I await developments with no hope and with customers waiting. It doesn't take second sight to predict how useful Microsoft's reply will be.

posted by Psychic Advice @ 5/25/2005 07:53:00 PM

ROFLMAO! Poor chap. Obviously not having a good day, bless him! :D

Last edited:
coemgen said:
Thanks for distracting me. (Your cartoon chick has been doing that all day though. :huh: :wink: )

:ohmy: ...And here I was, thinking you were such a holy and innocent being.:wink:

Unfortunately, I'm neither. I try to be, but I always fall flat on my face. :wink:

Besides, I didn't say I was having dirty thoughts about your cartoon, I was just saying she's distracting me. :wink:

coemgen said:
Unfortunately, I'm neither. I try to be, but I always fall flat on my face. :wink:

Besides, I didn't say I was having dirty thoughts about your cartoon, I was just saying she's distracting me. :wink:

I didn't suggest for a second that you were harbouring any such thoughts...
Methinks the Coemgen doth protest too much. :wink:

:lol:

This, you see, is a typical example of how people like Derek Acorah corrupt the Youth Of Today! ;)

Last edited:
:laugh: I am not used to the Mysterious Ways Of The FYM Forum. I cause havoc everywhere else though on a regular basis. Usually whilst cheerfully Golluming to myself while my threads, nonsense or otherwise, get ignored. :lol:

Thought of the day from my bro:

Derek Acorah book
Although, as the man himself says, it used to be Derek Johnson.

I started to read this book, found I had read it before and took it back to the library.

:lmao::lmao:

So what about him. given my sister's keenness to know what I think of him?

Well, in his book he does talk about God. That separates him from me in that I don't have any kind of religious faith involved and don't claim that it is anything to do with ank kind of God. Though people who do talk of the Holy "Spirit" - well I talk of spirits too!

Derek's another person in my psychic connections maze, as he claims to be from "the outskirts of Liverpool" (and just mentioning it in that way would draw my attention to him psychically). More than that, howeverm he is from Bootle - where the northern "Merseyside Headquarters" head office of my employer is based. Now, that is not a coincidence - it is another demonstration of a link in the psychic maze.

Now, of course coincidences happen. But by definition they are useless and cannot be planned - something is not a coincidence if you can not just plan for it (anyone can save for a rainy day) but can anticipate it from precursors and even use those precursors to make it happen purely by willpower....

Back to Derek. There are a lot (and I mean lot) of women involved in his book. That's something true for me, as men tend to be less socially interesting to me (and always have been - and it was the boys who went off to do other things to start with, not me. It was the things they did - casual soccer etc - that made me go and do something else and it developed from there to talking to girls. Not all men or women match this definition of course, I'm talking about majority percentages.

But Derek does a lot of talking to the dead and acting as a medium for them. He has done exorcisms too. However, his interest in concentrating on the dead separates him from my interest in concentrating on spirits.

Your Humble Narrator is in shock. :huh:

The coincidence part: why why why why why? :ohmy: I'm fascinated by coincidence, always have been. If my brother uses it to help him, then good for him... maybe he's right, I dunno. Still, it seems a bit blind to me in this case. I don't know. I haven't told him so, but I did mention that I was kind of surprised.

I love my brother dearly and I know for a fact that he does have some sort of gift. I've seen him be far too accurate about many, many things that he could not possible have known - and I mean continuously, over a 20 year period. There have been far too many times, and varying cirumstances, for this to be due to research or good guesswork. Of course I don't profess to know whether it is caused by 'supernatural' powers, or extrasensory stuff, i.e. a function of the brain which we do not understand yet... I'm not that obnoxious or arrogant. Yet.

Still, although I'm glad he's being openminded... I'm surprised that he has taken to Derek, who may well have a gift, but certainly does not use it on Most Haunted. I guess that it's because my bro hasn't seen the amount of times Derek has bullshat his way through the shows.

One thing that interests me. The website Most Haunted Exposed had clips of the show where our friend and psychic companion was proved to be talking utter nonsense. After the supposedly 'live' part of the clip had ended, the camera panned to the rest of the crew... who were all peeing themselves laughing and making fun of Derek. These clips were online for a couple of years. The links have suddenly mysteriously broken.

Hmm. Maybe it was Derek's pal Sam. :eyebrow:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom