Protests - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2004, 12:13 PM   #31
The Fly

Local Time: 09:21 PM
I have been saying that all along, but the lefties just want Bush out, they don't care who it is. They'd vote for Bart Simpson over W if they could. It's actually kind of sad.

And yesterday's protesters are more likely to vote for Nader than they are Kerry. Most of the signs I saw are more Green party alligned than Democratic.

Old 08-30-2004, 12:18 PM   #32
Refugee

Local Time: 06:21 PM
I'm voting for someone who's less likely to start preemptive wars. I also know that W has made a bed in Iraq that Kerry would have to lie in if he's elected.

Old 08-30-2004, 12:23 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:21 AM
We democrats are more careful about voting than you think.......we wouldn't just vote for bart simpson, which is why we chose Kerry over Dean in the primaries (no offense to the deaniacs out there). We really do want a man who would make a good president, in addition to wanting to dethrone bush.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:35 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, we lefties aren't careless about our votes. When it looked like Howard Dean was going to get the nomination, quite frankly I thought we were fd. No offense to any Dean supporters. I felt better about Kerry, and I still do. I'm not surprised that alot of the demonstrators in New York were Nader supporters rather than Kerry supporters. I personally know of some anti-war activists who are going to vote for Nader, so it's not like this is any kind of surprise.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:46 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy
I'm voting for someone who's less likely to start preemptive wars. I also know that W has made a bed in Iraq that Kerry would have to lie in if he's elected.
Yes. Iraq is going to be a very tough situation no matter who's elected. I don't see those Sunni Wahhabist types calming down anytime soon. Now that a Shi'ite cleric, Sistani, has emerged as the most powerful man in Iraq, this is going to challenge Iraq's traditionally powerful Sunni minority. I can see Iraq becoming a Shi'ite state, however, I really can. The warriors put their guns down when Sistani told them to, but not Allawi. This is not a good sign. The Sunnis aren't likely to put down their guns for anything.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:53 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Preach it, verte! It's true, no matter who is elected, they will have an extremely difficult time taming the tiger.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:58 PM   #37
The Fly

Local Time: 05:21 AM
Well there are plenty of 'lefties' who WILL vote for anything as long as it's a democrat. These people include some poor blacks who vote for who their 'black leaders' tell them to vote for, old people who love the dems because of JFK and FDR and will just ask 'which one's the democrat!' plus the poor hillbillies who can't half read who have a tradition of voting dem beause they believe they care about the poor, and then of course you have the homeless bought off with the cigarettes and the senile elderly folk who are drug in by the vanload to pull the lever for the dems even though some of them don't even know which end is up anymore. The lefties are very good at getting out the vote, sending out people to take any dem voting body to wherever they need to go. I've never heard of the republicans do that. Not saying every lefty is like this, and no offense to those smart lefties posting here, but it does happen a lot!

I do believe everyone, regardless of demographics or party affliliation, should have to prove themselves at least minimally knowledgeable of the important issues and what each candidate stands for before being allowed to decide the fate of a nation.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:01 PM   #38
Refugee

And there are plenty of right-wingers who will vote for anyone as long as it's a Republican.

If you want to get into dirty tricks pulled on election day there's plenty to go around on both sides.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:38 PM   #39
The Fly

I'm just glad I read that some Dem followers wouldn't just vote against Bush. I have a question to the people who just posted. If Dean did get the nomination, who would you vote for? Dean or Bush?
Old 08-30-2004, 01:44 PM   #40
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 03:21 AM
Lilac

Quote:
I do believe everyone, regardless of demographics or party affliliation, should have to prove themselves at least minimally knowledgeable of the important issues and what each candidate stands for before being allowed to decide the fate of a nation.
Same standards for the President himself? If a person is to stupid it shouldn't be allowed to run a country?
Old 08-30-2004, 01:56 PM   #41
The Fly

Is he stupid because he's stupid, or is he only stupid because you disagree with the things he says?
Old 08-30-2004, 01:58 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus
Same standards for the President himself? If a person is to stupid it shouldn't be allowed to run a country?
I think that is funny. We can suggest the President is not intelligent when he got elected and all we do is complain from our computers......
Old 08-30-2004, 01:59 PM   #43
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by odowdpa
I'm just glad I read that some Dem followers wouldn't just vote against Bush. I have a question to the people who just posted. If Dean did get the nomination, who would you vote for? Dean or Bush?
I'd vote for Dean. Same way McCain supporters voted for Bush in 2000.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:59 PM   #44
Acrobat

I see all these ideas bandied about regarding testing and wonder "Who will make tese tests?". What questions would be put on them? History questions -" Tell the significance of the Sherman Anti-Trust Act and its continued importance? How many times has Poland been shafted by Russian and Germany? Throw in a few economics questions maybe, a few anatomy questions and of course some simple high school algebra. According to my observations as a teaching assistant, few people would be qualified to vote whether they were right or left leaning. I think it would just be smarter to leave things as they are.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:09 PM   #45
The Fly

No, I just mean a test to prove they are informed on the current issues and who stands for what. If you put high school algebra on it, I'm going down! But you don't need that to understand the issues, or to even be president.