Protests - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2004, 07:49 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:44 PM
I believe they graduated in '97

Old 08-29-2004, 08:01 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by odowdpa
It just kills me. An example, Hannity has Thursday on the Streets where he randomly goes up to people in New York. He asks whom they are voting for. Kerry is the dominat answer. He'll then ask why - In all of his years in Senate, what has impressed you most? The dominant answer is "doy, i dont know"
I trust Hannity to show Democrats who know the issues about as much as I trust Jay Leno to show people who know US history/current events during his "Jaywalking" bit. It's not in their best interests.

Old 08-29-2004, 08:03 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy

I trust Hannity to show Democrats who know the issues about as much as I trust Jay Leno to show people who know US history/current events during his "Jaywalking" bit. It's not in their best interests.
amen.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:11 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

I'm a Southerner, from the heart of Dixie itself, Alabama. This afternoon I went to Cullman, a small town just north of here, to meet with other medieval re-enactment people. I mentioned that my sister and her boyfriend had come here from NYC to get away from the crowds, and he said the RNC "isn't my brand of politics". "I'm on the other side", he said. I wasn't exactly shocked since the guy is gay. But we're a huge minority in this group, most of our members are very conservative.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:15 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

It's always great when i see a kerry/edwards bumper sticker around here. this is a very conservative area, (former capitol of the confederacy........) and the amount of kerry/edwards bumper stickers i see is astounding, and very pleasing!
Old 08-29-2004, 09:04 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

I get a buzz every time I see a Kerry-Edwards bumper sticker. I actually have one, but I never put political bumper stickers on my car. I am really shy about controversy. There are a few yard signs in my neighborhood. I was pleasantly surprised to see those stickers. There are probably not more than six families planning to vote that way in November around here, this is solid Bush country.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:24 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:44 AM
Its too bad that Bushhitler and Herr Ashcroft has crushed all dissent in this fascist police state that was once the land of the free, watch as his stormtroopers go out and stop people from doing once allowed things like burn down McDonalds, light bonfires and blow up subway trains.
/Moore-on logic

Get real people, this is freedom and democracy at work, people are allowed to be total imbeciles and wankers with rank hypocracy to boot. Ban FoxNews was a well worn catchcry - only let me think, banning media outlets that you disagree with would actually be control of information. These protestors are enjoying their right to free speech - although I am not an American I live in a free country and I have the right to say they are a bunch of lefty-anarchist moonbats who have no comprehension of the real world and will most certainly do damage to Kerry's campaign than Bush (I don't remember violent Republican protestors at the DNC).

And again, communists for Kerry - the smartest protest group (albeit against Kerry) ive seen in a long while.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:40 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

as much as i loathe fox news i have no desire to ban it.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:22 PM   #24
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:44 PM
No, I do agree. I don't enjoy Fox News, but there is (still) such a thing as free speech in this country. They have the right to have their say, just as we have the right to disagree.

Join Amnesty.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:58 AM   #25
you are what you is

Local Time: 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Get real people, this is freedom and democracy at work, people are allowed to be total imbeciles and wankers with rank hypocracy to boot.
yeah, internet forums proof this day after day
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 08-30-2004, 08:17 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:44 PM
salome

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
(I don't remember violent Republican protestors at the DNC).

I think that's because there rarely were more than few hundred gathered to protest at the DNC. Unfortunately some of them were indeed violent. But crowds of 200,000 are going to have a few more loose cannons than crowds of 200.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:27 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:44 PM
I saw some of that yesterday. I loved the signs

My faves-Bush has Iraq-tile dysfunction, and Bush is a tush
Old 08-30-2004, 10:04 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

I wish I could be there for the protests. I'll have other chances I'm sure though.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:49 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

I would have loved to have been there for the protest. That's right up my alley!
Old 08-30-2004, 11:42 AM   #30
The Fly

Local Time: 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
As a southerner (ahem) I would be very much against having people take a test to vote.....it's too reminiscant of the discrimation against blacks around here from 50 years ago. That's just not how American democracy should work. Like it or not, ill-informed people can vote too.
I am also from the south and I think it's needed very much! We have way too many people voting when they don't understand the issues or know what the candidates really stand for. It's not fair to the majority of people who are well informed when they vote to get stuck with the wrong candidate because someone voted only because somebody told them which was the 'right' party, or worse yet because somebody bought them off with cigarettes (which happened in Philadelphia in 2000) Letting an uninformed person vote is like letting a burger flipper do neurosugery on you. Sorry I believe there has to be a level of competency there to trust someone with such an important task, especially one that affects the whole population and in a way the entire world.

I also don't understand everyone touting Kerry as the anti-war candidate. He has NEVER said he'd stop the war, in fact, he has issued statements that he will reduce forces within FIVE YEARS! Bush has promised to reduce them by the end of next year. Anyone voting Kerry because they want the war to end is uninformed and sadly mistaken.