Prophesies/Evil Doers/Religions influence on GW BUSH - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2003, 08:59 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:30 PM

Dreadsox, my apologies for the "LOL," but I truly do laugh at these apocalyptics in the world who try to tie every tornado, flood, conflict and deformed snake to the beginning of Armageddon. I DO believe that these events will happen one day, but I don't think it is happening now and I think it is unlikely to happen anytime soon. And I know for sure that world leaders and religious figures can NOT set these events into place.

I take it rather lightly that Bush referred to "the Almighty" as being on his side; as the author states near the end of what you posted, that is a rather common occurrence in such situations; I even recall Clinton referencing "God" and "evil" (Saddam) in one of his Iraqi conflicts. Unitl he makes many more explicit statements and says "This is a war of Judeo-Christian civilization against infidels" I will be reluctant to say he is declaring a "Christian jihad" (if there is such a thing).

I understand your concerns, as a veteran, about U.S. soldiers, marines, sailors and pilots being put into action to "liberate" people in other countries. On a personal level, I agree with you, but I am also one who would be willing to take up arms to free slaves in Sudan. That is probably an unusal, non-U2, non-Christian viewpoint for someone on this forum to have, but there are some issues I feel strongly about and unfortunately I do not see a peaceful solution to them (I can list others if anyone wishes). I think it would be great if people were liberated all over the world, but I am not going to write letters to my Congressman or President asking him to send my neighbor (a Blackhawk pilot) all over the place liberating people.

And deathbear - I AGREE with you in this thread; I was just putting you on the spot. And I DO remember when you were a flaming Republican in 2000. How do you think Gore and Lieberman would be handling this situation?

~U2Alabama

Old 02-25-2003, 09:03 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama
Dreadsox, my apologies for the "LOL," but I truly do laugh at these apocalyptics in the world who try to tie every tornado, flood, conflict and deformed snake to the beginning of Armageddon. I DO believe that these events will happen one day, but I don't think it is happening now and I think it is unlikely to happen anytime soon. And I know for sure that world leaders and religious figures can NOT set these events into place.
Bama,

NO APOLOGIES

We are going to be on the same page I think within the next month.

Old 02-25-2003, 09:09 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Did you just kiss me or something?
Old 02-25-2003, 09:11 PM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Ummm....Yeah...LOL
Old 02-25-2003, 09:15 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Liberal yankee.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:21 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Conservative Rebel
Old 02-25-2003, 09:29 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 02-25-2003, 09:29 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Conservative Rebel

I'm a Southern liberal. What kind of dirty rat does that make me??
Old 02-25-2003, 09:33 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Carpetbagger.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:35 PM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Southern Liberal = Carpetbagger

OMG

OMG MAKE IT STOP

Old 02-25-2003, 09:45 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie

If I recall, verte76 also stated that she has relatives in New Yawk. Further proof.

Oh, and for the record, let it be noted that I am a Southern Unionist. The Confederacy was treasonous.

~U2Alabama
Old 02-25-2003, 09:57 PM   #57
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh come on....we all know that the term "carpetbagger" originated from Northern Republicans in the South during Reconstruction. Or have we forgotten our U.S. history?

Melon
Old 02-25-2003, 09:59 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:30 PM
Quote:
If I recall, verte76 also stated that she has relatives in New Yawk. Further proof.
~U2Alabama
That's right, my two sisters moved to the Big Apple after school. OMG the dirt you guys have on me.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:27 AM   #59
Purgatory

Quote:

And deathbear - I AGREE with you in this thread; I was just putting you on the spot. And I DO remember when you were a flaming Republican in 2000. How do you think Gore and Lieberman would be handling this situation?

~U2Alabama
i honestly dont know. i doubt it would be that much different.

and u2bama, ive said some mean things in the past, and if ive offended you, let me apologize.
Old 02-26-2003, 03:10 AM   #60
War Child

Normal I Don't Buy the Bush Born-Again Prop.

First, I don't buy into Bush's born-again propaganda. His past, and his actions are just too steeped in the occult to make me believe so. I think he's transparent on this issue, and I think he's a FAKE. Now, I have no doubt that he is pro-Zionist, and I have been saying for some time that U.S. foreign policy is pretty much dictated by Zionists. But some of the most evil people in the world are pro-Zionist so go figure. It's all the more nefarious that he keeps up this ruse, and I feel there is a lot more going on here than meets the eye. I agree with dreadsox, that this whole religious stance Bush is taking is very disturbing and is going to lead to bad things down the road. What's particularly disconcerting is that the infamous Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion plans a great conflict between Islam and Judaism/Christianity right about now. Now, I know as well as everyone else that this disgusting propaganda piece is a fake culled from various sources by Czarist secret police in the early 1900's to divert grievances by the monarchy toward a scapegoat of the Jews. However, the Protocols don't ever seem to die. Hitler used them. And even today, the Protocols are found all over arabic nations on the streets to stir anti-semitic thinking. And I can't help but think that the Protocols are still being used to inflame this great war between religions that so many people seem hell-bent (no pun intended) on achieving. When you have such poisoned thought processes en-masse, and of course for many other reasons, it's no wonder the U.S. is seen as the great Satan. And, it's my feeling that Bush is only exacerbating the situation by playing up the other side of that religious righteousness. THAT bothers me a whole lot. I don't believe in Christianity or Judaism. I don't believe in Islam. But a whole heck of a lot of people do. It's simple for me to say: I don't believe in any of this armageddon shit, so I'll just wash my hands of it, but I think that prophecies can be self-fulfilling, and it disturbs me to see people just simply bent on bringing about the end-of-the-world as they see it. I have no doubt that people see themselves in some sort of key or pivital position to bring this about, and THAT affects me especially when they use WMD on me. I think Saddam is one of these guys. I mentioned in a previous post how this fucker not only sees himself as a modern day Nebuchadnezzar, but many think he actually believes himself to be the actual reincarnation of him! Sheesh, my head starts spinning on that one.