Prisoners abuse - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2004, 09:36 AM   #46
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:38 AM
How sad is it that I heard the words "civilian contractor" and thought that they meant, like, a builder or an electrician or something? Had no idea they were mercenaries.

Again, dumb American. But it does prove something I've said for a long time: being a part of FYM makes you smarter.

Join Amnesty.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:41 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:38 AM

I don't see where people are dismissing it..sorry, but I for one won't be painted by the brush of these sickos. I'm outraged by it, and I'm the last person who would "sit in an Astrodome and shout we're number one"

Yes, all Americans are like that..pretty narrowminded approach if you ask me..

It's interesting that many of these soldiers were prison guards back home..frightening

Old 05-08-2004, 10:05 AM   #48
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
This will create even more danger for the soldiers over there who would never engage in such horrific acts
They will be the ones paying the price unfortunately - I wish these idiots had thought of the danger they'd be putting our captive soldiers in
Old 05-08-2004, 10:14 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:38 AM
Job opening: http://cacirecruiting.caci.com/jobpo...2,interrogator

Quote:
Lynndie England, 21, a rail worker's daughter, comes from a trailer park in Fort Ashby, West Virginia, which locals proudly call "a backwoods world".

She faces a court martial, but at home she is toasted as a hero.

At the dingy Corner Club Saloon they think she has done nothing wrong.

"A lot of people here think they ought to just blow up the whole of Iraq," Colleen Kesner said.

"To the country boys here, if you're a different nationality, a different race, you're sub-human. That's the way girls like Lynndie are raised.

"Tormenting Iraqis, in her mind, would be no different from shooting a turkey. Every season here you're hunting something. Over there, they're hunting Iraqis."
http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/st...toryid=1302907

Old 05-08-2004, 01:24 PM   #50
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BluberryPoptart
I want to know, what kind of dumbass puts a guy on a dog chain and films it?
The kind of dumbarse who puts a guy on a chain in the first place. Like the criminal activity of arsonists you mention, it is a trophy. We aren't talking about shame from their points of view, it is pride.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:09 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

The prisoner abuse was wrong. The individuals involved should be punished. I've never seen any argument on these points.

The western response to such an incident, however, is very interesting. We are ready to beat ourselves up collectively, even to the point of compensating the prisoners to get rid ouf our guilt. I wonder if there was a similar Iraqi reaction to the killing, mutilating and hanging of the US contractors? Is our reaction out of the norm, is the (lack of) Iraqi reaction out of the norm? Are the differences simply political?
Old 05-08-2004, 10:14 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

The worst may be yet to come. I saw on NBC today that military officials are now leaking news of unreleased photos and video that show:

US soldiers beating prisoners nearly to death.
Forced sexual acts and rape of female Iraqi prisoners.
Inappropriate acts with dead bodies.

It's not one or two soldiers folks. It's deplorable and sick.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:32 PM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

[Q]"They raped our women. They killed our kids. So there's hatred between us, the people here, and the people in Iraq," he said, referring to the Shiite Muslims who emigrated and the Sunni Muslims who ruled Iraq under Saddam.

"Anything coming to them would make me happy
[/Q]

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...raqreax07.html
Old 05-08-2004, 11:15 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

I think that's also deplorable.

In 1991, the Serbs blew up our home, blew up my father's business, blew up one of my cousins to smitherines, blew up my friend's mother to smitherines when she was buying bread at the store, sniped down several of our neighbours, pillaged and burned my grandfather's cottage.

When NATO bombed Serbia in 1998, I didn't sit there joyfully with a bucket of popcorn. Are we human beings or not? Do you want to be like your oppressor or do you strive to be better than them?

I will always choose the latter. I would not wish those things on my worst enemy. Never.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:10 AM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:38 AM
Damn. I can't think of a word strong enough for my feelings about this. This is worse than disgusting, sick, or any word like that. I feel sick.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:26 AM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:38 AM
words cannot explain...i can't believe it
Old 05-11-2004, 10:38 AM   #57
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 10:38 AM
Dreadsox:

to your commic: Do you think it could be that what happened in mach could be a reaction to how iraqis were treated?
The western world started to trust these people who talked about that for months in April that dosn't mean that the Iraqis didn't know it before us.

Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora
How sad is it that I heard the words "civilian contractor" and thought that they meant, like, a builder or an electrician or something? Had no idea they were mercenaries.
You're right, it's a shame that authorities (ab)use our good faith in these authorities.
They use nicer words for bad and horrible things and in the end they can say "hey we told you so"
I read an interesting article about people who work for the republican party just to make the goals of them sound better (like beautiful words for destroying environment) and i guess others do it the same way.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:52 AM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

He is such a sick SOB..

This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation, and we're going to ruin people's lives over it, and we're going to hamper our military effort, and then we are going to really hammer them because they had a good time," he said on his radio show.

Limbaugh added: "I'm talking about people having a good time. These people, you ever heard of emotional release? You heard of need to blow some steam off?"

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localne...df1020029.html
Old 05-11-2004, 03:10 PM   #59
New Yorker

"Taguba testified that tactical control of the Abu Ghraib facility had been taken away from Karpinski and turned over to a military intelligence colonel. Karpinski retained control over other Iraqi prisons in her command, and Taguba conceded that they remained largely free of abuse."

Who is the MI's involved and why haven't they been named? They seem to be able to stay under the radar. He should be charged.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:45 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

And yet we still have people saying Guantanamo is Club Med.

To me, it is very possible that the only difference between Guantanamo and Iraq is that no pictures have yet surfaced from the former. I would not be surprised at all if there are abuses going on.